Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:08:32 AM
714357 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most painful thing that's happened to you (Phyisicly) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Most painful thing that's happened to you (Phyisicly)  (Read 7823 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 28, 2003, 12:43:43 PM »

I know I misspelled "Phyisicly". I won't be surprized if this has already been done.  1) Pretty much anything that had to do with my braces, first they had to drug me and rip some of my extra teeth out, my mouth was in pain for the whole weekend (I did get to drink lots of milkshakes though) then I had to get my mouth strong enough to eat hard foods ,chew *OW!* chew *OW!* chew *OW!*. After several months I got my braces on and they were shifting for a few weeks and I had to get use to eatting hard foods AGAIN! (But my teeth look good now!)
2) One time when I went on a three mile hike when I was 10, it was my first time hiking so I wasn't use to walking so much, plus I wasn't wearing any good footwear for hiking so I had like six blisters on one foot alone. When me and my dad got back to our car my dad had me sit down and take my shoes off while he goes and looks for some mole skin in the truck. I (being a inexperinced hiker) started digging those blisters out and when I noticed all the gooey stuff coming out  I said "OOOOH!" at this my dad turns around and sees all the broken blisters and says "David I wouldn't have done that if I were you." and I say "Why nooottAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!" my blisters were really hurting now and I started crying.

Those may seem kinda wimpy but through all my hikings I haven't once broken and bone or gotten a huge stick in my arm or chest or nothing. I'm lucky. : )

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 05:25:02 PM »

I was about 12 or 13 years old playing catch with a friend in his backyard & I wasn't looking...I was looking off to my left at something else.  My head turned to face him when he yelled "Hey!"  
He didn't realize I wasn't paying attention.  
I saw nothing but a fast moving baseball about 1 foot from my face and it hit me hard right in my right eye.  
I saw a big white flash and that was it
It actually knocked me out.  

I woke up about a minute or two later and I have never felt worse pain than that.  My friend was freaking out, thinking he had killed me or something.

You can imagine what my eye looked like....it was swollen shut & black & blue for weeks.

Post Edited (11-29-03 00:21)
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 08:48:47 PM »

That would be July 1997..I was pushing my bicycle across the street in the crosswalk. I wasnt at an intersection with a light..it was these yellow flashing lights that didn't work. Some people stopped for me..one did not. I didn't see anyone when I looked. Next thing I know I was up on a hood of a car ..in the windsheild and last I remember flying through the air with the greatest of ease. I woke up in the hospital. It turns out I was hit by a DPS officer. I had a concussian and I was peeing blood for a month.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 11:50:50 PM »

ouch...wow I've had it easy. Never had anythign this bad happen to me ever.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2003, 11:58:42 PM »

This happened at work about a year ago.I work at Fedex and my job is to drive this thing called a Tugger around and pick up packages from the van lines that are just to big  or small to put over the  conveyor belts.Now the Tugger is best described as a armor plated golf cart, the Tugger has about a 1/4 inch of metal plating and can pull over 5000 lbs, its a beast.The sides of the tugger are open like a golf cart is. Now the area I work in has huge conveyor belts all over the place, and they are in some places 25 ft above your head, so we have big metal poles all over the place holding the conveyors up.
Well on this particular day I was driving the tugger through a particularly narrow area under one of the conveyor belts.This area is lined on either side with metal poles holding up the conveyor.Now understand I have big feet and they sometimes have a tendancy to stick out of the sides of the tugger.On this particular occasion I was checking out a really hot chick, and I wasn't paying attention to wear I was going.I got to close to a pole and my left foot got caught between the pole and the tugger, smashing it.My foot immediatly got about as big as a foot ball and was completely black and blue. There were two very large dents on either side of my foot were the tugger and the pole had smashed my foot.I being the nut I was actually wanted to get up and leave, thinking that it was just a sprain.WRONG.
I was driven to the hospital by one of my supervisors, were I was to wait for about a hour until I was able to finnaly get into the X-ray room.The positions they wanted me to put my clearly very broken foot in, were unbarebly painfull.Finnaly at about 1 am the doctor finnaly came in to talk about the X-rays, I had been at the hospital since 10 pm and had probably had about 5 shots of pain killers.Well the X-rays confirmended that my foot was very broke.The 1st and 5th metatarciles ( sorry I don't know how to spell it) were completely snapped in half with the 2nd metatacile being fractured.
I had to have surgery which, put two wires in my foot.But I still went back to work only four weeks after the accident and worked on crutches for 2 1/2 months during the winter and never missed a day.
Sorry if my story is rather long winded.

Smells like popcorn and shame
JohnL

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2003, 02:05:42 AM »

Probably the most painful thing happened to me when I was like 5. I used to love jumping off things, stairs, whatever. One day I decided to jump off my grandmother's front porch. The thing is that it was in the city, about 6 feet off the ground and the only place to jump to was the concrete sidewalk. I didn't break anything, but it sure felt like it. I think I screamed and went limping to my family.

Lately I've been having a lot of pain in my heels for no apparent reason.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2003, 03:21:46 AM »

I watched Nukie last night, that was pretty awful.  Last December I we were cutting wood for our stove and I caught a piece of sawdust in my eye that blinded me for three days.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Susan
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2003, 11:13:41 AM »

car accident. my first, only, and hopefully last ambulance ride. RIP little honda...

daveblackeye15

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2003, 12:51:21 PM »

Argh! I want to change my answer,I think I took a over dose of cold medicen, so I coudn't think straight. The most painful thing that happened to me was during a paintball game my brother shot me in the throat on accident. OW! I jumped crumpled down on the flow and tried to scream. Thankfully I didn't talk like the man from the first God Father movie.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2003, 01:43:02 PM »

Mine doesn't involve broken feet or leaping, but this time the Eyes have it.

My high school used to do trips to the local cineplex on Friday nights. This one particular time, I was with a bunch of guys who started up with a three-stooges routine (funny how this only happens when only men are around...) and I ended up with a finger poke in my right eye.

I figured sitting close to the movie screen might have caused the itching I couldn't scratch, but it was indeed an infection that didn't get treated until the next morning.

Incidentally, the movie we saw was the original Lethal Weapon. I cringe whenever I see Mel Gibson do the stooges eyepoke in this movie!!!

Post Edited (11-29-03 12:51)

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2003, 06:24:11 PM »

Oooh, let's see!

There was the time I went over the handlebars on my bike, and the only thing that broke my fall was my nose.  Actually that didn't hurt very much, it was kinda numb.  My finacee, however, received a visit from the police, clutching a buckled bicycle, and she felt pretty ill for a few seconds, before they said "Don't worry, love, he's not dead ..."

Then there was the quinzy throat - an abcess on the tonsils.  I got it on each tonsil at different times, and each time the doctor lanced it with a scalpel.  !!!!.  F*****g hell did that hurt!  And I needed a tetanus jab in the bum as well, which made me limp all the way home.

Then there was the tonsillectomy in hospital - all fine and dandy.  Except the lancing of my tonsils had created scars, that meant I lost lots of fluid in the op, so I woke up attached to a drip.  The drip was secured to the back of my hand with a big plaster.  I have very hairy hands.  When the nurse came and took off the plaster - OW!.  Most painful part of the week in hospital.

Then there was the pilonidal abcess, which had to be repeatedly packed with gauze on a daily basis.  The nurse in charge of this helpfully gave me a piece of plastic to chew on during the procedure, explaining that they'd had people go through the roof due to the pain involved ...

Then there was the appendicitis.  I thought it was just a stomach upset, but it got worse and worse overnight and all the next day.  I ended up in an emergency surgery in the evening, whimpering pathetically in pain.  The doctor informed me that they didn't carry any powerful painkillers, thanks to a certain Doctor who'd gone around killing off his patients with OD's of opiates.  I had to wait several days - actually only about an hour - until the painkillers got delivered.

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2003, 11:35:14 PM »

I think Conrad has cornered the market on real pain on this message board.

Usually when I have taken very bad bumps, I'm usually just kinda numb or in a daze for a long while as I've had a tolorence for most body pains. When about 6 or 7 I remember falling from a tree and I landed on my head on the root of the tree. I was in a complete daze and numb and had a significant gash on the forehead and when asked if I was ok I just mumbled something. I didn't become concerned  till I seen the blood pouring from my head and I headed home right away.

Another time I was in a little league baseball game on the on deck area. Someone else also started warming up in the on deck circle and the end of his aluminum bat hit me square in the eye. My bone that forms the eye socket protected my eye from injury. Again a kind of numbness.

As an adult I was in a street fight an someone had pounded me repeatedly in the head quite hard in the eye area cutting me open and leaving a nasty bruise, but again no real pain, just a type of daze or numbness.

I've cut myself bad with glass, stepping on nails, wire fence ripping through arm nad leg, but the pain dosn't last but a moment. Mostly just a mental thing.

Again as an adult I was in a sparring match with a black belt and he busted up my ribs quite bad. It took 3-4 months to get better. Now this was painful. Especially getting out of bed for about a month. Standing and walking isn't a problem with bad ribs, just getting up from the ground or bed is very painful. When you walk around you feel like you have a big sponge under your rib cage.

Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2003, 01:08:56 AM »

Let's see, there was the time that I accidentally put my hand through the window on my front porch and ended up in an emergency room having tendons in my thumb sewn back together.  That hurt more after the fact than during the actual process of cutting myself up, though.

There was my third jump in airborne school, where I casually disregarded all the careful instruction I had received over the previous two weeks, slipped into the wind two early, began to swing back and forth like a pendulum, and smashed my head into the ground.  When I stood up, some sort of watery substance was pouring out of my nose like I was a faucet.  I'd still like to know what the stuff that was flowing out of my head was...

There was that sublime moment of "Jackass"-inspired buffoonery wherein my friend and I decided that tying me to the back of my car and towing me on my skateboard would be a GOOD idea (but only if we were videotaping it...gotta please the audience).  We got the car up to about 30, my friend slammed on the brakes, and I smashed into the trunk.  Either it's a natural reflex to throw your hands out in front of you when you're about to collide with your car at a high rate of speed, or I really AM a total idiot (the fact that I actually put myself in that situation seems to imply the latter...).  Either way, I ended up hurting the hell out of my right wrist.  I think it may have had a hairline fracture, but I wouldn't know.  I was too embarassed to go to the hospital.  Didn't want to explain HOW I'd gotten hurt...

But all of it pales in comparison to when I was about eight years old.  I was that kid that got a lot of nosebleeds (but not the kid that ate paste, thank God...) and it was starting to become really problematic.  My parents took me to the doctor, and the final prognosis was something about a broken blood vessel in my nasal cavity that wouldn't heal properly.  The doctor explained that it would need to be cauterized.  "What's calderlerized?" I asked, trying to wrap my eight year old brain around the concept.  "Just hold still," the doctor advised.  Note to any kids reading:  If a doctor ever tells you to hold still, and then nods to your parents, and they try their damnedest to hold you down without you noticing...something very, very bad is going to happen to you.  Before I knew it, he was jamming a cotton swab full of acid up my nose, and my head EXPLODED in a shower of pain.  I think I went back for that like, three more times on a weekly basis.  That totally sucked.

Man, did THAT post ever run long.  Sorry about that.

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2003, 03:17:56 AM »

I haven't had anything too bad... The worst I can think of is when I was ten or eleven, and a friend and I tried playing tug of war with a rusty pitchfork. I won, and I have the scar on my leg to prove it.

Is it just me, or is this thread starting to sound like the old Billy Crystal/Christopher Guest "I Hate When That Happens" routine from SNL?

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2003, 04:38:25 AM »

I have a new painfull experince to add today, this one ranking up with my most painfull.
I do pro-wrestling as a hobby and every once in a while we have to do some matches which involve rather dangerous stunts.Well today I had a TLC match.For anyone who does not know what that means its Tables, Ladders, Chairs.Well these matches can get pretty brutal and today was no exception.I was on top of the ladder prepairing to give a elbow drop to a guy 13ft on the ground.The guy was out side the ring and I had the ladder set up in the ring so its about 13ft down to the ground.
Now pro-wrestling is a pretty stupid in its self but doing this little stunt was down right moronic.Well I jumped off the ladder, and jumped a little to high because I hit my head on a huge chandeler above me, putting a 7 inch gash on the top of my head and knocking me out.I then fell right on the ropes ass first were I bounce back up 3 more feet and fall face first on the ground. Keep in mind I was unconscience from the point that I hit my head on the chandeler, I didn't actually see what happened until I watched the tape in the hospital.Well besides having 14 staples in my head I also bruised my testicles when I landed on the ropes and cracked my front teeth when I hit the ground face first.
As I write this post to you guys I have to stand up becuase sitting down would put me in pain like you can't believe.Im also going to be very painfully p**sing blood for like a week.
Now some of you would probably want to get out of this little hobby if this happened to you, but not me.In 3 weeks when the staples are out and my balls no longer feel like Mike Tyson thought they were a pair of wallnuts and try to crack them with his teeth, im going back in that ring and WHOOP SOME MOTHER f**kING ASS.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most painful thing that's happened to you (Phyisicly) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.