Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:30:56 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most painful thing that's happened to you (Phyisicly) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Most painful thing that's happened to you (Phyisicly)  (Read 7812 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2003, 09:45:01 AM »

When I was skiing, fell, and turned my knee completely around, tearing my ACL.  That really hurt.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2003, 11:53:48 AM »

About ten years ago, I slipped on a patch of ice, went ass over teakettle, and snapped both the tibia and fibula in my right leg. Screamed like you wouldn't believe. Tried to get up but my foot was drooping (nothing but soft tissue holding it on), and the pain was incredible. Basically laid on a snow bank until an ambulance arrived. My right ankle still contains a large plate, about seven or eight screws, and a couple of pins.

The strange thing was that there were three of us in the hospital on the same day, with the exact same injury (tib-fib), gotten in the same way.

The night after I got out of the hospital, I dreamed I was driving my car into a brick wall, and jamming on the brakes as hard as I could. I woke up pressing the ball of my foot hard against the inside of the cast. Aaiiieee!

Post Edited (11-30-03 10:57)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2003, 12:17:17 PM »

Thank you for sharing that with us!  If it was videoed, will it end up on a TV show?

I had always thought wyckednick was just some teenaged poster on the Forum - I shall be a little more respectful from now on!!

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2003, 10:44:18 PM »

The most pain I have personally experienced was childbirth.   Three times.  Drug free.  Top that, guys!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2003, 12:02:42 AM »

I've been in the delivery room twice and watched my wife go through it (soon to be a third time).  You win.

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
)ules
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2003, 04:28:52 AM »

For me, that would have to be getting a tooth drilled. Ahh, with no novacaine, or cocaine or any other freakin' 'caine. Also, I got an infection from bits of food getting into a healing cavity where my wisdom teeth used to be. The dentist re-opened the cavity in the back of my mouth with what could only be described as a "crude plastic implement", again, with no anesthesia. Both very painful experiences...man, the mouth sucks. I ripped open my arm by punching through a glass window when I was like 6 or 7, but I don't remember any pain, just lots of blood. Thank god I don't have to deal with childbirth though, just watching that on TV was painful enough.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2003, 05:26:01 AM »

Thank you for sharing that with us! If it was videoed, will it end up on a TV show?
The answer is no.Im not exactly wanting to be the guy that some teenage stoners goes up to and says "dude didn't you like  20 ft from a wrestling ring and bust your head open? That totaly rocked!!!!"

I had always thought wyckednick was just some teenaged poster on the Forum - I shall be a little more respectful from now on!!

You should know better.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Cricket21a
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2003, 05:58:30 AM »

This happened a long time ago.  I was in third grade and me and some friends were playing on the swings.  We were swinging with one person laying across two swings.  When it was my turn and I was being push I ended up falling out of one of the swings, midair, did a flip and landed right on my head.  Scatched the heck out of my nose, had a big bump on my forehead.  The nurse was afraid I might have had a concussion.

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
Stephen Hawking
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2003, 10:50:49 PM »

I was trying to get something sticky out of the carpet with a sharp knife. I stuck it in my left hand just in the meaty part under my thumb. Spent all day in the emergency room. I feel stupid. And yes it hurts..like hell.
Eirik
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2003, 04:57:22 AM »

I was hit by a car in 6th grade.  I came to before the ambulance corps got there and thus there was nobody to prevent me from seeing the bone poking out through a tear in my pants.  Worst thing I ever saw and I promptly threw up and became delirious but I was still in shock at the time so I didn't feel it.  Worst pain ever was later at the hospital getting that bone back inside my leg and getting it set.  The doctor didn't sedate me because he thought I lost too much blood.  That was as close to the Middle Ages as I ever care to get.  To this day I will sometimes have a nightmare about it.

Miraculously, no permanant loss of function in my leg except a small spot of skin on my ankle with no sensation.  I can poke a needle into it and not feel it as long as I don't poke it deep.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2003, 12:51:33 PM »

The most painful thing that EVER happened to me ,, besides sitting through a film called Zombie Lake had to be when I was at my friend's wedding... Wait a sec, I just wrote that. (laughs)
Kory
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2003, 03:42:39 AM »

As a female, once a year a great pain is set upon me... sometimes with extra added bonuses... but I won't get into that.

I had my thumb broken by a baseball bat during a softball game.  I was in a cast for months because it tore all kinds of s*** in my thumb & up my arm.  However, my female coworker, a police officer, has everyone beat.  Here's her story:

She was in the academy and had no health insurance.  She was going through some stuff in her garage with her boyfriend and she felt a sharp pain in her arm- she had been bitten by a spider (I cant remeber if it was a brown recluse or a black widow... sorry!).    She didn't think much of it until a few hours later when her arm was swollen and green.  My friend, being a kickass chick, got out her pocketknife...

... cut a 1.5-2 inch slit in her arm...

... and drained the green infection out - a LOT of it.

Girls rock!
Eirik
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2003, 04:44:11 AM »

"However, my female coworker, a police officer, has everyone beat."

Did you READ mine???  A doctor pushed half of my femur back through a tear in my quadricep and then spent thirty minutes with his hands inserted through said tear twisting two halves of the largest bone in my body around until they finally reconnected.  All this without drugs.

I'll take an emergency black widow pus-drain any day, thanks!

(So are you a cop?  It would explain your hours.)
Kory
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2003, 04:54:44 AM »

I think I accidentally skipped over yours- I'm a dispatcher & am reading them in between calls.

What are you doing up at this hour?
Eirik
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2003, 05:07:24 AM »

"What are you doing up at this hour?"

Getting ready for night shifts this week.  Defense Dept.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most painful thing that's happened to you (Phyisicly) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.