Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:42:34 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The most made fun of states in movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The most made fun of states in movies  (Read 9393 times)
FearlessFreep
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2003, 03:30:12 PM »

I hate it when people think other people are stupit

Probably just a slip...but it is funny...
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2003, 03:36:10 PM »

People in states bordering Texas hate Texans for that very attitude....but any state that produces Joe Bob Briggs is okay with me.  I'm just jealous of any state that doesn't have state income tax.

I'm from Oklahoma and in this part of California [where I'm living now] I hear a lot about "Okies."  When I was a kid one of our teachers essentially told us if anyone outside of Oklahoma ever called us an Okie we should punch 'em out....
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2003, 04:33:11 PM »

>Have you ever noticed that there are certin states that always get ripped on in movies.States like New Jersey, Wisconsin (my state), New York, and Texas?

Yes, I have noticed a trend in that particular area.  I think it is either the opinions of the screen writer or the film maker that are projected in the films you mentioned.

I for one, am sick of them taking stabs at Arizona and portraying us as a bunch of dumb yokels. What about the big cities, traffic, smog and over poulation?
FearlessFreep
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2003, 04:58:43 PM »

What about the big cities, traffic, smog and over poulation?

You're *bragging* about thatt?  I live in the Desert SouthWest  to *avoid* that
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2003, 09:38:12 PM »

Hey, I live in Arkansas. When I was in Navy bootcamp my company commander seemed downright surprised that I actually had a couple of  brain cells.

I have lived in Texas twice, first time out  ignorance and the second time out of desperation  and to feed my family.  When I was in Dallas back in '79 I told the guys in the office that I knew why so many people wore those cowboy boots.  " It's deep down here!"

They have that new show on Fox with Paris Hilton and  Lionel Ritchie's kid staying with a farm family in Arkansas. That' s all we can hear on radio and tv right now.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2003, 03:06:39 PM »

No brag.. jus fact...
Diablo44
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2003, 05:22:50 PM »

Exit 9 here Eirik!
Jersey is by far the most ripped on state in movies.  The city of Hoboken alone is mentioned numerous times, despite it being a cool place to go (my guess is the way it just rolls off the tongue, plus it sounds slightly comical).  I don't take offense to the Jerz bashing though. . while certain areas of the Turnpike might smell a tad, and certain areas are a veritable DMZ, it's crowded, and the shore water frightens we occassionally, it's a great state to live in!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The most made fun of states in movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.