Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:54:58 AM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Were the F*#@! are my flying cars « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Were the F*#@! are my flying cars  (Read 5892 times)
Susan
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2003, 07:21:08 PM »

I'm glad there aren't flying cars, people are idiots enough on the road - imagine drunk drivers flying over your house....

For the mostpart we have alot of technology depicted in old tv shows - phones where you can see the person, portable movies and internet, the ability to buy and make reservations in a second by a click on your computer, microwaves that cook food in minutes. We even have doors that open automatically (albiet in stores only..i'm waiting for those to end up in our house) I also heard they're building the technology that the house become computerized from sprinklers to the cooking.

It reminds me of a story or poem I read in school - does anyone remember what I'm referring to? It went on describing the clock going off, sprinklers going on..all sorts of "electronic" activity but in the end I think there was an assumption that no humans were around (probably because we were extinct from nuclear war or something) - but the machines just went on without us doing their programmed duties.

Post Edited (12-05-03 18:26)
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2003, 08:17:12 PM »

I'm actuallly glad some of it hasn't happened...I don't want the commercials to know my name like in MINORITY REPORT.

But it is amazing how much has changed in the last 10 years.  I first got on the net 10 years ago when I was in college and it was nothing like it is today.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2003, 08:32:45 PM »

Susan wrote:

I'm glad there aren't flying cars, people are idiots enough on
 the road - imagine drunk drivers flying over your house....

Imagine them flying INTO & right through your house!

Now that's scary.

wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2003, 01:01:41 AM »

Your one of those "The glass is half full" kind of people Burgomaster. But thats cool, Im more pessimistic and never very satisfied.
All I want is flying cars and robot slaves.Is that too much to ask.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Eirik
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2003, 05:19:55 AM »

"You know what Eirik you can take your proper grammer and correct spelling, and shove it.I can't spell and I suck at grammer just deal with it, and stop pestering me."

Fair enough - you're ignorant and proud.  So what about the faulty logic of your argument?  You know, how the big corporations are taking ideas they could turn huge profits off of and instead surpressing them because of some bizarre mysterious agenda?
Eirik
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2003, 05:23:46 AM »

That's a short story by Ray Bradbury you're thinking of.  Part of his description was that one of the outer walls of the house was pitch black except for a couple of people shaped white patches.  That was supposed to be the side of the house scorched by the flash of the nuclear blast which burned all the paint except that which was shielded by people standing in the yard.  The only thing I can't remember about the story is the title.  Sorry.
Flangepart

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2003, 03:19:04 PM »

"There will come soft rains". A classic.
Heard Leonard Nemoy read it once. Beauty.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Susan
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2003, 07:36:13 PM »

That's it Flangepart, Thanks! It was one of those stories that teased my mind all these years, now I can hunt for it on the net and read it again. :-)  Didn't know ray brandbury wrote it

JohnL

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2003, 11:08:29 PM »

>I wish we could have cars like they had in the Sixth Day. Get in and tell it to take
>you to work, the wheel goes into the dash and it drives you work.

You stole my idea for a post! The sad part is that this is completely do-able with current technology. Embed transmitters in all the roads, equip the cars with sensors and program them with very detailed maps of the streets. Of course they'd also need sensors to detect other vehicles and avoid crashes, but that could be done.

>It reminds me of a story or poem I read in school

Speaking of old stories. Does anyone here know of a story where a teenager in the future is going through a ruined city and he thinks their god was named Ashing because he sees a statue of Washington with a broken name plate? I read it in school many years ago.
Flangepart

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2003, 02:26:30 PM »

Susan : See if you can get the Nemoy reading. Or, the Comic collection of Bradbury stories. They did a nice turn on that one. Although, seeing a specific artistic interpitation of his work, does clash with the images i got while reading "The golden apples of the sun". I still have that paperback, in fact.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2003, 07:40:30 PM »

I've heard the Nimoy reading of this story about the automatic house. I believe it is part of  The  Martian Chronicles (which unlike the miniseries with Rock Hudson is actually a collections of stories).

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Susan
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2003, 07:56:39 PM »

Too bad you can download the nimoy clip on the net ...couldn't find it

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Were the F*#@! are my flying cars « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.