Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:05:58 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Porco Rosso new dub, Nausicaa too. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Porco Rosso new dub, Nausicaa too.  (Read 11246 times)
-=NiGHTS=-
« on: December 11, 2003, 09:03:29 PM »

Okay, this is definitely not a bad movie, but I thought that you all should know:

Miyazaki's Porco Rosso has just recieved a new dub, it's out now in extremely limited release for prescreening.

Michael Keaton as Porco, Susan Eegan as Gina, And Cary Elwes as..crap.  Name escaping me.  The American.

Also, there are rumors of the Nausicaa dub involving Patrick Stewart, Uma Thurman and Possibly Natalie Portman.

Finally, I add: Moo.
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 09:05:18 PM »

Oooh.  Okay: Cary Elwes is playing CURTIS.  Okay.
dean
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 09:13:54 PM »

They actually did a re-dub of Porco Rosso?

what was wrong with the original?  I didn't see [or hear for that matter] anything wrong with the version I've seen.

How odd...
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 09:20:55 PM »

The new dub is for the new Disney DVD coming next April, I believe.

And though I've not heard the current dub (I've only seen it subbed.), I've heard terrible things about it in relation to both the Japanese and French versions.
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 07:59:59 AM »

If that means we'll have "Porco Rosso and" "Nausicaa" DVDs soon (or even better: theatrical releses) , I am in favour of it. It certainly is good news that Buena Vista is doing something with the rights of all those Studio Gibli stuff they got. In my country (Spain), both "Princess Mononoke" and "Laputa" have been recently released in DVD for the first time.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 04:10:59 PM »

Agreed, Neville.
I've wanted to see "Porco Rosso" for some time. And a proper dvd of "Naussica" would put it on my keep list with "Castle in the sky".
Domo-arigato, Miyasaki san!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2003, 06:19:11 AM »

It's a damned shame Miyazaki's films only get stupid "limited release" status.  "Spirited Away" was hands down better than anything Disney has done in fifteen years (although I guess that since Buena Vista distributed it in the States, it's technically a Disney movie...).

When can we get a theatrical release of "Castle of Cagliostro"?  That's one of my top ten all time favorite movies?

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
dean
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2003, 06:54:44 AM »

hey i've got Castle of Caqliostro on dvd, I love that film, but it has an odd dubbing [I've heard different versions and the one I saw on tv, not the dvd one, is much easier to understand.  Although they give him a different name!  which I guess is quite odd]
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2003, 04:02:13 AM »

Nausicaa cast list:

Nausicaa: Alison Lohman
Lord Yupa: Patrick Stewart
Kushana: Uma Thurman
Asbel: Shia LaBeouf
Kurotowa: Chris Sarandon
Mayor of Pejite: Mark Hamill

And this just in:  Whisper of the Heart is getting dubbed, too!

Shizuku: Brittany Snow
Seiji: David Gallagher
Shiho: Courtney Thorne-Smith
Nishi: Harold Gould
The Baron: Cary Elwes
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Porco Rosso new dub, Nausicaa too. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.