Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:07:03 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you love that everybody else hates. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Movies you love that everybody else hates.  (Read 27384 times)
Eirik
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2003, 09:08:31 PM »

I actually cannot stand Woody Allen - especially when he stars in his own stuff.  (I guess that comments belongs in the "Movies you hate but everyone else loves" thread)...  But I actually did like Zelig very much - in fact it's the only Woody Allen movie I liked.  I thought he sent a very good message in a very humorous way.
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2003, 09:21:44 PM »

My wife and I love Woody Allen movies and still own a complete collection of all his movies on VHS.  

Also, I grew up watching THE SLEEPER and TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN every year on WPIX from New York in the 70's. I also read his autobiography.

Most people don't like Woody Allen, because of his New York sophisicate humor that is a completely different level. Possibly because of Allen's wimpy appearence like Paul Ruben as Pee Wee Herman on TV and PEE WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE. That's another shame. Paul Ruben is/was also a genius. Pauly Shore is not in the same league, but his ENCINO MAN and SON IN LAW are great ones.

Susan
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2003, 09:40:16 PM »

I own "Bananas"...is that something i should admit?

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2003, 11:10:13 PM »

BANANAS is a great one. Howard Cosell doing the pre-assasination commentary. The whole film is something.

wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2003, 02:10:00 AM »

I don't mind Woody Allen, but I admit I have not seen many of his movies.The one Im most familar with is "Whats Up Tiger Lilly". I love that movie, I thought it was really brilliant how Woddy could turn a bad Japanese spy movie into a great comedy.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2003, 04:11:20 PM »

>Most people don't like Woody Allen, because of his New York sophisicate humor that is a completely different level."
  exactly, that's the same thing that i was getting at in my earlier post in this thread. i think people just hate woody allen because his humor is smarter than they are and it requires people to use their brains which is something a lot of people don't want to do!
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2003, 04:15:06 PM »

Scott and Susan: Bananas is awesome! A little less on the brainy-side than his later work, but still real fun.

"Hey don't worry about me I'm like a cat, I always land on my feet." (said as woody then turns around to the camera and starts wailing-lol, good stuff)
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2003, 01:29:14 AM »

The film does have a special place in my heart. : ) Even though clowns don't really make cotton candy, I felt that it was a nice touch.

The fact that there was a lack of more female clowns bothered me more. Also, I believe that there should have been a better explanation of where they came from and why they felt humans would make a great snack.
gammaray117
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2003, 05:34:47 PM »

What do you think this site is all about?

"BATEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2019, 03:14:46 PM »

Alone in the dark.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2019, 03:42:56 PM »

I love the movie HUDSON HAWK. None of my friends like it, or can sit through 10 minutes of it. Cracks me up every time.

I agree with you, person from 16yrs ago.  Thumbup

just think, someone who was born the day this thread was posted could technically now be married this month. if they were dumb enough

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2019, 07:08:11 AM »

Alone in the dark.

I'm geniunely curious about this. Buggedout

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2019, 07:30:31 AM »

Alone in the dark.

Just don't ask Trevor about it. It's a Uwe Boll film.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2019, 07:35:50 AM »

Alone in the dark.

Just don't ask Trevor about it. It's a Uwe Boll film.

I know, that's why I'm curious.  BounceGiggle

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2019, 11:09:25 AM »

lol I like that there's an ideantical topic in the Good Movies section of the forum  BounceGiggle

Spectre
Kingsmen: The Golden Circle
Heaven's Gate
Eyes Wide Shut

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you love that everybody else hates. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.