Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:36:02 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Funhouse « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Funhouse  (Read 5249 times)
Johnny Z
Dedicated Viewer

« on: December 13, 2003, 02:41:43 PM »

I watched this movie again this weekend and it is among my favorite bad movies of all times. Any one else feel the same way or differ their opinions? I get cracked up at it and unless I missed something, we never did find out how the monster got started, just that the barker was the daddy. Plus the whole concept of a monster in a monster mask. Great opening also with the combination of the Halloween opening and the Psycho shower scene. LOL

If it's on Cinemax past midnight, it has to be bad.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 07:33:12 PM »

I saw this not too long ago....the various carnival effects and props are the scariest part of the movie, not that the movie is really bad.  The monster doesn't look human enough.  The makeup was good, just not appropriate for that type of creature.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 08:06:33 PM »

I don't really like this movie because it is "boring bad" as opposed to "cheesy bad."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Neville

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 11:32:24 AM »

Is that the Tobe Hooper movie? I remembr liking it quite a lot. I mean, the plot has its problems, but the atmosphere is both surreal and dark. A good movie if you ask me.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
I luv dolma
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 12:31:51 PM »

I saw it on sale for 10 bucks at an A&P a couple of weeks ago. There was only one copy on the shelf. Its a shame, I didn't get it though. I never heard of the title before, and didn't know what to expect.
Johnny Z
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 12:59:09 PM »

Yes, it was a Tobe Hooper movie. I think he is the only reason it was watchable. It was dark, but the plot and the story behind the monster had lots of holes. But oh well, never said it was up for an Academy Award. LOL

Velvet Brotha
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 10:01:22 PM »

Ok, I had heard that this movie sucked. All I wanna know is.... How does it compare to "Killer Klowns From Outer Space?"
JohnL

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 03:12:52 AM »

>All I wanna know is.... How does it compare to "Killer Klowns From Outer Space?"

Much more serious, and even nasty in spots.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2003, 08:28:00 PM »

The most memorable part, for me, was the sideshow exhibits of deformed farm animals. The calf with a cleft palate was really weird.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Johnny Z
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2003, 11:28:53 PM »

Creepier than the farm animals was the sex scene between the monster and the fortune teller. YUCK!!!!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Funhouse « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.