Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:56:31 PM
712921 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What's YOUR favorite Hulk Episode? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's YOUR favorite Hulk Episode?  (Read 2540 times)
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 14, 2003, 10:31:56 AM »

Upon seeing the boxed set available now of "choice" episodes from the series, I realized one of my faves wasn't on there:

The Snare.

For those of you who aren't Hulksters, this episode was a tribute to "The Most Dangerous Game". Banner was taken to a remote island where the reclusive owner hunted him down in a brilliant game of cat & mouse. The final scene with the tape recorder? I haven't seen anything that surprising on a TV show in a long time.

How about you folks? Which episode make you say "HULK SMASH!!!"

(BTW, if you're looking for my most hated episode, 747 was pretty bad - the idea of the Hulk flying a plane was just so silly.....)

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
Susan
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 11:06:26 AM »

The one where the girl is in danger and he changes into the hulk, throws objects at the bad guy and then runs off just as the police come with that sad look on his face. Then david walks alongside the road at the end hitchhiking.

Ring a bell? hehe

Sorry, don't mean to be smart. I grew up on Hulk and used to love the show. I think it reruns on sci-fi but I never catch it. I remember that sad little piano ditty used to give me the creeps..too much of a downer I guess. Does anyone remember how the final episode went?

Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 02:09:56 PM »

I loved "The Snare."  One of my favorites.  I also loved the one with the other Hulk.

Man, that was a good show.

In comparison to the other Superhero shows of the time, of course.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Susan
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 02:22:19 PM »

>>In comparison to the other Superhero shows of the time, of course.<<

Yeah, I watched the bionic shows but I wasn't a huge fan. I liked wonder woman tho...few female superheroes and all.

lest we not forget The Greatest American Hero

o/~ who could it be...believe it or not it's just meee

DARKWOLF
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 08:33:37 PM »

I love all those superheroes shows growing up the saturday morning ones and at night ones. The Hulk was great me and my mom and my sister use to watch it all the time when it came on CBS. The Piano music at the begining was exciting but the ending was really sad not creepy to me but very sad.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 09:11:07 PM »

The pilot episode is my favorite.

If you think about it, THE HULK was a rip-off of KUNG FU: a mysterious stranger travels to a new town every week, beats up the bad guys, and walks away into the sunset at the end.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 10:07:48 PM »

The Burgomaster wrote:

> The pilot episode is my favorite.
>
> If you think about it, THE HULK was a rip-off of KUNG FU: a
> mysterious stranger travels to a new town every week, beats up
> the bad guys, and walks away into the sunset at the end.
>

Actually, it was a rip-off of "The Fugitive", down to the adversary relationship between the lead (Kimble on "Fugitive", Banner on "Hulk") and a secondary character (Gerard  on "Fugitive", McGee on "Hulk").  However, you do have a point; both are very simular in concept.  It's interesting how many ways you can twist a given scenario.

JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 03:23:47 AM »

>Does anyone remember how the final episode went?

The last episode was nothing special, just another 'Banner saves the day' episode. After the show went off the air, there were three TV movies, the last of which was The Death of the Incredible Hulk. In the end, the hulk appears to die when he falls from a helicopter (or plane) onto concrete. Supposedly, there was another movie planned which would bring him back, but Bill Bixby's death prevented that from being made. There's a full guide for it here;

The Incredible Hulk
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2003, 04:13:29 AM »

My own favorite Hulk episode was Mystery Man, in which Banner gets amnesia, ends up with his face swaddled in bandages and drives around with Jack McGee, until a wreck in McGee's car brings back his memory and he scoots off after saving McGee's life--without being "unmasked", of course.
Least favorite was the trucker episode-too much Duel used as stock footage.  I understand Steven Spielberg wasn't too happy about it, either.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2003, 05:21:27 AM »

Personally, I don't like to think about the Hulk TV movies.  Far as I'm concerned, David Banner still lives, and still is in search of a cure.

Either that, or he's cured and living happily somewhere.

DARKWOLF
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2003, 06:51:57 PM »

Me too those TV movies weren't that good they mess up Thor, and Daredevil. The last one I really hate. One of my favorite episode is the one were this old man tranformed into another Hulk and fought the real Hulk.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What's YOUR favorite Hulk Episode? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.