Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:31:54 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite BAAAD special Effect? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Favorite BAAAD special Effect?  (Read 6750 times)
krisia
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2003, 10:44:54 AM »

welllllllllllll,since u asked i was watching chopper chicks in zombie town and when the leader lady (can't remember her name) was riding away on her motorbike, she kicked a zombie without any arms.
The thing is, the actor, clearly had his arms stuffed into his shirt, since they bulged out. Secodly, the dude fell on the floor b4 she even kicked him! As they say timing is evrythin!
Kirk
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2003, 02:06:09 PM »

Almost any special effect from the old "Land of the Lost" TV show.  

All hail the Krofts!

Kirk
Bernie
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2003, 04:09:53 PM »

So many bad effects, so little time....

In relation to those old 1950s rocket shots, I love when they show the rocket landing -- by REVERSING THE FILM OF THE ROCKET TAKING OFF!  

How about the two-headed effect in "The Thing With Two Heads" -- a bad plastic mold of Ray Milland's head held in place with a scarf/bandage thingy -- oh yeah, very believable!

I don't know if the dinosaur in Mighty Gorga was a puppet or just a toy -- I think it was a toy -- so cheap it didn't even have those doll-eyelids that go up and down!

And I'm sure all the MST fans will remember the "great" flying effects in The Pumaman -- some of the worst ever and worth every belly laugh.
ElectroSunDog
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2003, 05:25:25 PM »

In Black Roses, when the long-armed monster puppet is attacking the English teacher in the kitchen, for a moment you can clearly see the wire controlling one of its arms! Heh.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2003, 12:20:11 AM »

Killer Klowns - The creature in the toilet raises up too far and you see the puppeteer's arm.

Dance of the Dwarves - The creature arm on the helicopter reaches out too far and you see the actor's arm.

Remo Williams - When Fred Ward crashes through the glass near the end, it breaks before he hits it.
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2003, 12:24:43 AM »

JohnL wrote:

> Killer Klowns - The creature in the toilet raises up too far
> and you see the puppeteer's arm.

Most likely because you weren't watching it in widescreen....the movie was shot in a matted ratio, and theatrically you'd never see the arm because the top and bottom of the image would have been masked off for the 1.85:1 widescreen ratio.

This is a common thing that doesn't make sense when people talk about microphones and stuff like that showing up at the top or bottom of a movie....because they're not watching the correct matted-widescreen version.

Hardly qualifies it as something "bad".

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
Flangepart

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2003, 01:00:40 PM »

Giant Claw : Oh, the missuse of stock footage...or is that redundant?
All fighter squadrons use the same type of plane. Pick a type, and stick with it! We "Wing nuts" know when you cut from one type to another!
And lets not establish the hero being in one type of transport (C-54), and show them crashing in a B-29!
Right, Ken?

Oh! When they blow up an "Assblaster" in Tremors 3, piece of the beast come flying at the heros from the totaly wrong angle!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Eirik
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2003, 04:43:13 PM »

"--people standing behind objects (such as other people) that are clearly inadequate cover and suffer no subsequent penentration trauma"

I took a military counter-terrorism course where the instructor wanted to make a point on what constitutes "cover."  He set up a bunch of targets on the other side of a car, and then shot the car with an AK-47 from 50 feet away.  After, we went around to the other side.  All the targets were swiss cheese.  The bullets went straight through both doors, or the entire trunk section.  The only target that was protected at all - and even it was hit - was the one behind the car's engine.  I'm pretty anti-gun control, but to be honest that demonstration actually changed my mind when it comes to assault weapons.

Very few movies show how guns really penetrate.  I think Saving Private Ryan is one of the few.  Well, there was also that scene in Tremors.  Usually, a movie hero hiding behind a wooden door is gonna be just fine.  Anyway, if you ever are hiding behind a car from gun fire, get behind the engine.
StatCat
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2003, 08:47:05 PM »

The flying zombie head in the refridgerator from Zombi 3, hands down- first that comes to mind.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2003, 09:40:17 PM »

The 'monster' in The Creeping Terror.  Moldy carpet wearing tennis shoes...and the way the 'victims' reached up and helped it      'engulf' them...tehe!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
daveblackeye15

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2003, 09:50:43 PM »

jmc wrote:> The spider attack in THE BEYOND was pretty bad too.

Hey I like that scene, true the spiders were kinda (are) cheap looking but the scene is downright creepy and distrubing (and gory!)

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2003, 10:59:42 PM »

Oh holy jeezus, how could I forget Zombi 3?  

The makeup effects in NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES, of course....

My favorite Ed Wood effect was probably BRIDE OF THE MONSTER where they put Bela Lugosi in platform shoes and have him fight Tor Johnson.  Also the scene with the nonmotorized octopus.
Colt M1991A1
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2003, 04:06:45 AM »

Whenever the Camera Operator just shakes the camera around to simulate a crash/explosion/earthquake etc...

Revolvers that hold endless amounts of ammunition...

Shotguns that can take out a car in one shot...

Bad Guys that are impervious to small arms fire, yet can be defeated by a spear/big rock/rubbish compactor...
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2003, 12:23:38 PM »

Colt M1991A1 wrote:

>
> Bad Guys that are impervious to small arms fire, yet can be
> defeated by a spear/big rock/rubbish compactor...

That reminds me of "Billy the Kid Versus Dracula"  (1965) where Billy shoots and shoots and shoots at Dracula (John Carradine), all to no effect.  Dracula just stands there, no flinching, nothing.  Then Billy throws his gun at Dracula, AND HE DUCKS!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite BAAAD special Effect? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.