Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:50:24 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Animated Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favorite Animated Movies  (Read 3728 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 16, 2003, 04:58:03 AM »

I love animation, always have and always will.I enjoy it because of the animators talent and because animated movies can tell storys that simply can't be told through live action.What are some of your favorite animated movies.
Mine are....
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Princess Mononokee
Robot Carnival
The Iron Giant
Shrek
Monsters Inc

Smells like popcorn and shame
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 05:09:39 AM »

I remember when "Hercules" (the Disney movie) came out in 1997.

I smoked an entire joint to myself after I got off work (I worked at the theater at that time) out in the parking lot in my car and went back inside, saw it for free and was blown away!

I also loved South Park the Movie.

dean
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 07:59:58 AM »

Yup, South Park is definitley a classic.

My other favourites [movie wise] are:

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Castle of Cagliostro
Ninja Scroll [gotta love guys with swords]
Ghost in the Shell
The Animatrix [although not really a movie, but still really cool anyways, lotsa talent involved on that one]
Perfect Blue [nutty film]

I'd so love to make a live action movie with the same sort of concepts as anime [Matrix did something similar, but I want a more supernatural nutty side to it, not just hardcore action]
Susan
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 09:00:10 AM »

as a kid i was never into animated films so I guess as an adult much hasn't changed, except maybe the film's themselves. I find most animated films too cutsey - of course they do make them for adults only, I just never moved to that genre. That being said, the one movie that sticks out as "Secret of Nihm". The crow scenes that get goofy can go ..but I even still enjoy it.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 09:13:45 AM »

I'm going to have to go with anime on this post.  American animation just doesn't do much for me.

My favorites would be:

1. Chobits-Not actually a film, but at 30 episodes (apx 12hrs) it does make for quite a long viewing.  Fantastic animation and hilarious story.

2. Akira-I don't even have to say anything about this.  Classic stuff.

3. Vampire Hunter D-The original is still one of my favorite films of all time.  I was really let down by Bloodlust.  I have a copy of it and no matter how many times I try to watch it, I can never make it all the way through.  

4. Grave Of The Fireflies-Heartbreaking flick about WWII bombings and the effect that it had on some of the children.  Amazing flick.

5. Metropolis AKA Robotic Angel-Definently one of the best animated Anime films in years.  It has a very retro animated look to it; think early disney style.

On a side note, Disney recently said that after 'Home On The Range' comes out in '04, they will no longer be making hand drawn films.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2003, 10:57:46 AM »

Monsters, Inc.
The Jungle Book
Heavy Metal
The animated scenes in "The Wall" are really wierd

As a family, we watch a lot of the (classic) Disney movies ... just got "Aristocats" which I had not seen since I was a small boy.  Of the newer ones, we have Lion King and Little Mermaid.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
raj

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2003, 11:07:21 AM »

The Wall, yes, (not a movie to see while on mushrooms, BTW).
Also Fantasia (great to see stoned, and once you grow up, stone cold sober with a great sound system).
Bernie
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2003, 02:59:02 PM »

South Park, of course.

Shrek
Finding Nemo

Yellow Submarine!

Gulliver's Travels (Fleisher studio 1939)

Osmosis Jones

Lion King
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2003, 06:23:49 PM »

Akira
The Fox and the Hound
The Hobbit
Heavy Metal
G.I. Joe: The Movie
and my favorite animated movie ever - Transformers: The Movie.  Doesn't get any more metal than that.
I don't think the South Park movie is a classic, though.  The show is funny, yeah, but the movie just degraded into "Look how cool it is that we can say 'f**k' now!  Look at us say 'f**k' some more!  Isn't it funny to say 'f**k' a LOT!?!?!?!?"  Not that I don't say it a lot, but the word in and of itself isn't that funny and doesn't warrant an hour and a half feature film dedicated to the word solely because it exists.  That said, the "Blame Canada" song is still pretty funny.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2003, 09:51:06 PM »

Fist of the North Star
Akira
Heavy Metal
Parts of Monty Python & the Holy Grail
Frosty the Snowman
The Year Without a Santa Claus
A Charlie Brown Christmas
It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown (yep, there's a theme here)
Aeon Flux
NInja Scroll
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
101 Dalmations
Waking Life

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
JohnL

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2003, 02:35:28 AM »

Heavy Metal
Neville

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2003, 10:24:46 AM »

I am not  very enthusiastic about animation, but recently I "discobered" Hayao Miyazaki through "Spirited away", and that's easily the best animated film I have ever seen. "Laputa - Castle in the sky" would be the second, and "Princess Mononoke" or "Porco Rosso" would compete for the third place. I might prefer "Porco Rosso" over "P. Mononoke" because I feel it is a more balanced film. I also enjoyed "Akira", but I didn't understand much of the ending.

Don't see much Disney stuff, although I've heard many good things of their latest releases, no mather what that Disney's descendant might say. I might watch "Treasure Planet" in the near future, because I saw a scene of it on TV (the scene where Long John Silver introduces himself to Jim) and it looked amazing.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Eirik
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2003, 03:28:07 AM »

The Hobbit and Watership Down are two of my favorites.

BrotherR mentioned Charlie Brown Christmas and I will second that - it's my favorite Christmas special because it's the only one I can think of (except Little Drummer Boy) that actually acknowledges the true meaning of the holiday.
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2003, 04:15:21 AM »

I third A Charlie Brown Christmas.  Though not officially a movie, it packs more message into 27 minutes than most films--animated or otherwise--can in two hours.  
The first animated film I remember seeing in the theatre was A Boy Named Charlie Brown.  It remains among my  favorite films of all time.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Animated Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.