Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:10:19 PM
714319 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ready to Rumble (spoilers) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ready to Rumble (spoilers)  (Read 1184 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 18, 2003, 05:08:06 AM »

Some of you may know that I do pro-wrestling as a hobby, so it's probably not surprising that I would like this movie.Infact most fans of wrestling will love this movie and even if your not a fan of wrestling I recomened it just because it very funny and gives you a good glimps into the world of wrestling.One of the cool things about this movie is that they use real wrestlers in it like Goldberg and DDP.But the wrestler that the story is based around, Jimmy King, is played by a actor named Oliver Platt.One more thing before I start going through the movies story, Im going to be telling you guys a lot about the way wrestling works to help elaborate on certin aspects of the movie.
The movie is about two extreme wrestling fans named Sean and Gordie.These guys are the absolute most die hard fans, and believe in pro-wrestling the way a four year old does in Santa Claus.These guys are what us wrestlers would commonly reffer to as "marks".A "mark" is a person who is either a unsucpecting particepent in a story or a very gullable person, Sean and Gordie are both.There favorite wrestler is a man named Jimmy King, who is supposed to never have lost a match and is one of the greatest wrestlers ever, he is also the WCW World Champion.Now some of you apon seeing these guys may think that these are over exagerated wrestling fans, but the truth is that I have actually met people like Sean and Gordie.Ive seen wrestlers chased out of the building by rabid wrestling fans, who didn't realise that what happened is not real.
Now unfortunatly Jimmy King is about to be taken out of the ring for real by DDP and his manager Titus Sinclair, who is also seems to be either the owner or co-owner of WCW.Titus has offered DDP a big carrer if he takes Jimmy King out of the wrestleing world forever.So  during the match between DDP and Jimmy King, DDP and his posse beat the crap out of Jimmy King, forcing him to lose and Titus kicks him out of the business.Now belive it or not what happened to the fictional Jimmy King does actually sometimes happen.If a wrestler is causing problems for managment sometimes they will force him to lose a title match that he was supposed to win or try and make him breach his contract in various ways.Even though the winner of a wrestling match is pre-determined, having a title belt means you will get paid more, so being forced to lose it is often a good way to get someone to quit.
Ok back to the story.Sean and Gordie are at the the wrestling show, and after they see Jimmy Kings defeat and humiliation, being the couple of marks they are, decide to go redeem there idol.When Sean and Gordie finnaly manage to track down Jimmy King they find him drunk,dressed as a women, and living in his parents motor home, not exactly the image befitting a king.During the meeting between Sean, Gordie and Jimmy King, Jimmy King tells his two biggest fans that he and that everything that they thought wrestling to be is fake, but Sean and Gordie have such a firm belief in the validity of pro-wrestling and such a little grasp on reality, they miss the obvious point of why Jimmy King was kicked out and how he can't use his gimmick any more.Now a couple other little bits of info about pro-wrestling.In the big leagues of pro-wrestling often a persons gimmick is created for them by the federation that they wrestle for, so the federation will actually own there charector and the wrestler can not use it out side of the federation.
Well eventually Sean and Gordie convince Jimmy King to fight back and get back into wrestling.So the next show they sneak into the back stage area and wait for Titus and DDP to show up.When they make there apperance in the back to do a interview, Jimmy King, Gordie and Sean jump Titus and DDP and beat the s**t out of them.Titus finds him self between a rock and a hard place because the camera caught the whole fight and the entire audience saw it.So in true pulling stuff out of your ass wrestling fashion, he challenges Jimmy King to wrestle DDP in a triple cage match.If Jimmy King wins he gets to keep his career.
Well I think im not going to tell the rest this getting rather long and I don't want to ruin the end.I'll say the Cage match is really cool.Very reminicent of the epic matches of old.Not the typical crappy matchs they have now.

Post Edited (12-18-03 04:18)

Smells like popcorn and shame
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 05:47:06 AM »

I absolutely LOVE this movie!

I WILL RULE YOU!!!!!!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ready to Rumble (spoilers) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.