Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:24:29 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kronos (50's) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kronos (50's)  (Read 2834 times)
Scott
« on: August 09, 2001, 08:27:17 PM »

The b/w film from the 50's has some neat sci-fi lingo and a almost animated robot from another world destroying the earth. All in all worth seeing just for the reasons mentioned above. *** out of ***** stars.
Flangepart
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2001, 10:41:00 AM »

Ah,yes! And did you feel compelled to shout,"Walt Disney.NO!" when you got a look at the head honcho of the lab? Typical 50's scientest.is our hero,too..has a good lookin' girlfriend, and can't get his mind off work. Sheesh! And of corse, the Comedy relief sidekick pocket scientist. Theres a proto-computer nerd with issues! But, ya gotta admit....cool monster! Its different!
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2001, 02:50:01 PM »

Favorite bits:

(1) Ew! Spew!
(2) The acronym that allows the computer nerd to treat the computer like his personal 'ho. "Yo, SUSIE! Analyze this, bee-yatch! Git in da house!"
(3) The very accomdating Mexican extras, who huddle together on their mark so that the leg-prop can "crush" them. Ay caramba!
(4) Partially cel-animated monster!
(5) Much better animation for what I call the "star puppy," which cowers behind a shrub before launching itself up an Earthling's nostrils...so cute, so deadly! Awww!
Raffles
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2001, 03:07:24 PM »

S.U.S.I.E. would be an amazing b movie trivia question.  Kronos looks alot like Boston's Logan Airport.
Andrew
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2001, 05:31:19 PM »

The entity fleeing from the one possessed man, flowing across the floor.  I'm older and wiser now (thus able to understand how they created the effect), but that is still a memorable image.

Andrew
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2001, 11:54:37 AM »

Ah! I forgot the space saucer that looks like a  pair of tupperware popcorn bowls mateing! And i know i'm not the only one who realised that when Kronos exploded that the end, they lost half of L.A.! It hade to have had at least the megatonnage of the bomb it ate from the B-47. (Burp). And for my fellow "Wing nuts", that F-100 jet fighter that delivered the "Package", had the markings of the Prototype F-100. The Y indicates the pre-production test jet. Just a little something from ye old Flangepart........V1....V2....Rotate!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kronos (50's) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.