Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:59:02 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What are these movies I saw on MST3000? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are these movies I saw on MST3000?  (Read 2685 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 21, 2003, 09:23:17 PM »

A few weeks ago I managed to wake up early enough and (accidently) catch most of Mystey Science Theater 3000. The episode was a black and white movie, and when I came in it showed a bunch of bikini clad ladies making out with these two men. This goes on for a while and eventually some of the woman are killed by this furry face dude with sharp claws and a sharp tooth coming out around another normal tooth. I think the monster also kills one of the men and eventually the women and the remaining man chase the monster off the cliff. The robots kept saying "The HORRORS of spider island" I asumed that was the name of the movie but I couldn't find it in my movie book. At the end of the episode Mike (I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Joel episode)  comes out looking like the monster from the movie and he's like "Look at me I'm a spider man monster" but Crow says "Actually Mike you haven't chanced much you're like 99.9999999 percent human." Anyway that's EVERYTHING I know about this episode.
   Yesterday I saw the end of this epsiode. It looked like a Sword and Sorcery movie. It had a wizard (an evil one I'm sure) and he's drawing energy into a little machine. Outside a young kid shoots some darts into some guards, and I guess he accidently shoots one of his friends because the man gets up and says "Thanks for shooting me, You almost hit my heart." or something to that degree. Then for some reason the machine explodes and the cave collapes. One of the guards gets back up but is shot in the chest with a arrow, and a woman
is standing there with some horses and a crossbow.The man says that it was such a waste that such a great invention was lost forever and the kid says "We're too young (the human race) to use it, another time." So the three ride out. During the credits of the movie Pearl comes in and brings in a construter dude who says "the reason why your're not inflickting the right amout of pain is because your screen isn't big enough." So Pearl has a pancake meal for a bunch of people (that Ape guy is REALLY pigging out here) and they raise enough money for the screen fixing.
  Sorry this is so long, I suck at shorting these things. Anyway if you forgot my question it was  what are the two movies the Mike and the bots are watching?"

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Fearless_Freep
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 09:38:11 PM »

The robots kept saying "The HORRORS of spider island" I asumed that was the name of the movie but I couldn't find it in my movie book.

Horrors of Spider Island

It looked like a Sword and Sorcery movie

I saw that one as well...one of the young guys was supposed to be Leonardo DaVinci, but I can't recall the title...
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2003, 10:45:00 PM »

Might be Merlin's Shop of Magical Wonders, or else Quest of the Delta Knights.
If I remember right, it's the latter.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2003, 11:04:33 PM »

Yea, I think that was definately HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND. It's a b/w euro-film with about 10 models who's plane crashes out in the ocean. The plane/jet nose dives straight into the water and in the next scene you see the girls and their manager in a life raft. It was quite a sight. Not sure about the second fellow in the film, but everything else sound like HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND. It's a good one for sure. I rented the original version from Netflix and I think SOMETHING WEIRD VIDEO distributes a copy. Not sure it's worth $17- $20, but its one for the collection. If I had the money I'd pay for it.

Can anyone list all of the films ever reviewed on MYSTERY THEATRE 3000?

Fearless_Freep
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2003, 11:06:40 PM »

Quest of the Delta Knights.

That's it!  I remember his quote at the end about people not being ready for it...that's definately the one..
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 02:35:33 AM »

I think the mst3kinfo.com site has a complete list of episodes.

So, for all you MSTies, where do you think the show lost its way?  Or do you think it was strong until the very end?  

Sadly, I didn't get to see the early years of the show and didn't get to see it regularly until the SciFi channel, but I thought that SciFi put a few too many restrictions on them from what I can tell, especially by the last season.  Even Mike and the bots can't save a lot of those horrible made for TV movies they had to play at the end.  Supposedly the show is probably going off the air for good sometime in January, unless there's been some new development.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 10:16:18 AM »

I don't think the Sci-Fi episodes were as good as the ones with Dr. Forrester and TV's Frank, but I don't think the show ever really lost its way. I will admit that the last season didn't make me laugh as hard as the previous ones, but even it had some classics, like Horrors of Spider Island and Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders.

Speaking of MST3K, I just heard that some company is putting out a special edition DVD of Reefer Madness, with audio commentary by Mike Nelson! Should be interesting...

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2003, 12:51:29 PM »

Reffer madness, with Mike? Cool!
Oh, yeah. I missed Dr. F and T.V.s Frank, but the Sci-Fi years had some classics.
Creeping Terror, Night of the blood beast,  Beast of Yucca flats, Hamlet, The giant spider invasion.....
Ah, man, i miss those lil guys!
Ya know what would be fun....a reunion show, where whole cast from the whole run, came and riffed on a film, and talked about the show between bits. I bet they would slip into character reeeeal easy.
Ah,well, a man can dream.....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
daveblackeye15

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2003, 09:56:16 PM »

Thanks guys. They REALLY need to realease the whole show on DVD. That'd be sweet (imagie the episodes with Joel commenting himself, commenting a bad movie.)

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
28dayslaterfan
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2003, 06:03:44 PM »

You forgot the classic "final justice" episode. I mean, "go ahead on, it's your move" has become a catch phrase. And I will never forget the screaming scull. Before MST3K dies forever, they must run ever episode of MST EVER!  not just the sci-fi ones.
Jayson
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 07:28:11 PM »

"Track of the moon beast" was totally helarious!!!

"Maybe death will stop yer yammering"--Marge Simpson
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2003, 06:58:42 PM »

I think The Screaming Skull will be the last episode broadcast.

The trouble is that they lost the rights to so many of the earlier ones that the only way to see them is to get a copy from one of the tape traders.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2004, 12:01:34 AM »

the moonbeast and giant spider invasion were really rotten films. even I shudder when I hear them, and I liked the creeping terror and overdrawn at the memory bank!

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What are these movies I saw on MST3000? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.