Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:44:19 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do you believe in ghosts? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Do you believe in ghosts?  (Read 6540 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 22, 2003, 05:16:44 AM »

I would like to start off by saying that I am really a very skeptical person, and am not inclined to belive in something with out some king of proof.But over my 22 years of life I have seen things which defy explanation.
Ive seen objects move by them selves, I have two cases of actually seeming a apparition, objects have appeared out of nowhere and then dissapeard, and have even been phsically attacked on a few occasions.In my mind I have no doubt that ghosts exist.All the things that I have seen and that others have seen, can not simply be explained by any natural phenomena that we know of.
How many of you have have had a paranormal experince of this kind.I'd like to share some storys.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 06:01:38 AM »

I've never seen any thing myself and I don't know if I really believe in ghosts. But, there is some pretty weird crap out there and I just won't mess with it. I've still never done the "Bloody MAry" thing in the mirror. Maybe I'm a big Nancy.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 06:02:33 AM »

You sure you didn't drop acid before you saw those things Nick?

Fearless_Freep
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 08:07:03 AM »

I don't believe in ghosts, I do believe in demons  (it's a theological thing)
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 12:33:52 PM »

It was once believed that ghosts were demons.  Which is why, in some of the old stories, you could rid yourself of a ghost with pure iron - the demon's bane.

I believe in the possiblity of all things supernatural at night, and disbelieve in the day.  I'd prefer it to be the other way around (easier on the heart, don't cha know), but what can you do?

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 01:01:43 PM »

wyckednick wrote:

> ...But over my 22 years of life I have
> seen things which defy explanation.....All the things that I have seen and that
> others have seen, can not simply be explained by any natural phenomena
> that we know of.

Not to cast doubt on your experiences, but because something seems to defy explanation (especially with the emotion of having experienced something wierd) does not mean an explanation does not exist.

I am doubting what you saw, only the conclusion that it HAD to be ghosts simply because you don't have another answer for it.

The same kind of comment can be applied to UFO sitings.  The conclusion that something is an alien craft from another world is highly suspect and is generally reached simply because it is an easy conclusion for something apparently unexplained.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 02:36:29 PM »

I have seen a few things I have been unable to explain.

Things have moved, made sounds/noises, and I have felt physical contacts when there was no-one there.

Ghosts?  I don't know - I try to keep an open mind.    It is all a puzzle to me - and speculating is most of the fun.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2003, 03:00:55 PM »

ulthar wrote:

>
> I am doubting what you saw, only the conclusion that it HAD to
> be ghosts simply because you don't have another answer for it.
>

Oooops, sorry, I meant to type I am NOT doubting what you saw....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2003, 03:55:09 PM »

There are things in the air all around us.  If only someone could build a machine so that we could see them...

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2003, 04:05:16 PM »

Maybe I should tell a few of my experinces, just to give some examples of what I have experinced.You can try and disprove them if you wish, but I have yet to find any other explanation.
Well I'll go back to my first experince.This happened about when I was 8 years old.I woke up late in the night and noticed what seemed to be a shadow of a man standing over my night light.I remeber looking around the room for something to explain it but I saw nothing.The curtains were pulled over the windows and there was nothing in front of the windows to cause such a shadow.After realising that there was a ghost in my room whatching me I hid under my covers.After a few minutes I looked back out and it was gone, I then ran screaming out of my room and into my parents room.I know that I was awake through this whole experince, because I even remeber the dream I had before I woke up.
Next is the a rather strange experinces which would happen with my dog and a gate.At my old house when my family would leave the house for a while, we would put my dog into the hallway which leads outside and also leads down into the basement.To keep the dog from going into the basement we put up a gate in the entrance.Now the gate has a bolt latch, to lock it and it would be nearly impossible for my dog to open it, not to mention close it again after.
So once in awhile when we would come home, we would find the gate open and the dog running around in the basement, but even weirded is the fact some times the dog would be in the basement and the gate still closed.Know I've been trying to figure out how my dog could so this, but have not ben able to think of any good explanations.My dog is a English Springer Spaniel.I know Springers are decent jumpers but the gate was 3 feet high and after the years of living with my dog I have never seen her jump over 3 ft.Next my dog is to say the least a moron, and I find it impossible that my dog could open the latch on the gate, and close it after her.
Lastly is when things would appear and dissapear.I remeber one time we were gone for a few days and when we came back all the fish in my fish tank had dissapeard.The cover was on the tank and it would be impossible for them to jump out of the tank.Next we would find little cowboy and indian plastic figurines all over my room.They would appear out of nowhere, on top of my dresser and shelves, and laying in the middle of the floor.I never remeber getting those toys as a kid, and I never remeber placing them in any of the spots that I would find them.After I found one I would put it in the toy box.Now the anouther strange thing is that after we moved out of the house, all of the little figurines dissapeard from the toy box.
I have dozens of other experinces, but I would need to write a book to explain them all.I've tried for years to explain all of these, but can never come up with anything better than, it was a ghost.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2003, 02:03:26 AM »

Lately it's been parralled that the demons, spirits, (even ghost) are the same thing as the alien visitations and abductions of today. I can see them as seperate entities though. All things exist.

"principalities and powers"

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2003, 12:30:45 PM »

I do have one vague recollection, from childhood, of waking up in the middle of the night, and seeing a figure standing in my doorway. It was too dark to make out any more than the shape of a man. I said something, but got no response, which suggests it probably wasn't my father or brother. I'm pretty sure I must have dreamed it, especially because I doubt that I would have gone straight back to sleep if I were really awake and seeing a dark figure facing into my room.

There have also been times, in recent years, when I've been working late, and felt as if I wasn't alone, and even caught a flicker of motion out of the corner of my eye. I've pretty much chalked that up to sleep depravation, but it was freaky at the time, especially in our old office, which was in an old house. I did have one coworker at the time who was into mystical things, and she claimed that there was something in that building. Who knows?

Ghosts are among the things I tend to doubt, but sincerely want to believe in. Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster and UFOs are also in that category. I'd be really disappointed if anyone disproved their existence beyond a doubt. A world with monsters is far more interesting.

Post Edited (12-23-03 12:07)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2003, 12:37:30 PM »

Ok, first off, I'm a big skeptic as well...

When I was about 11 years old, my entire family was awakened by the sounds of a man moaning in pain. I remember being horrified by the sounds of loud thumping and sliding in the hallway. It was almost as though something or someone was dragging a dead body around our house.

As the sounds grew louder I could feel the sorrow growing thick in the air. It was like a smothering depression that lingered in my ears. My older brother rushed out of bed and grabbed his baseball bat. He then opened the door to the hallway and disappeared into the darkness. While I was still in my bed, paralyzed with fear.

Once the moaning had ceased, I called to my brother and he responded: "Mario!" "Come here!" "Look!" I cautiously scurried out into the hall and made my way to the living room where he stood speechless. I'll never forget the pale look on his face. I asked him what was wrong and he said: " It was a ghost... a little girl..." The rest of our family had heard the commotion and decided to see what was going on. As we all stood there questioning him, he remained silent until my mother had comforted him.

- True Strory - To Be Continued... that's if you want to hear more... ; )
gammaray117
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2003, 05:31:01 PM »

There was a Civil War skirmish near the place where my house stands. A civilian, a woman in a red dress, was accidentally shot by a Confederate soldier, who was immediately gunned down by Union soldiers when they saw this.
Every so often, out of the corner of my eye, I see a woman in red pass by. But as soon as I try a full glance, she's gone.
Once I also think I saw an indefinite shape in my backyard at night. It looked like a rather burly man, and I caught a wisp of grey. Needless to say, I was badly frightened.
I live in a haunted area. More on this later.

"BATEMAN!!!!!!!!"
JohnL

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2003, 12:57:50 AM »

>How many of you have have had a paranormal experince of this kind.I'd like to
>share some storys.

There were some interesting stories posted the last time you asked this;

Horror Experiences

And a similar thread was started by Susan here;

Supernatural Experiences

>There are things in the air all around us. If only someone could build a machine
>so that we could see them...

I recall reading a supposedly true account of a scientist who created a machine to allow people to see strange jellyfish like creatures that float in the air around us.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do you believe in ghosts? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.