Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:08:42 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies Hated For A Single Scene « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Movies Hated For A Single Scene  (Read 7030 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2004, 09:39:04 PM »

ashcampbell wrote:

> without films like this, people simply would not know how
> unaware adddicts are of the world and normal life around them.
> if you say you know alot about film and then insist on not
> watching the rest of a beautiful movie such as trainspotting
> then your kidding yourself.
>

I for one don't need movies to tell me about real life.  I tend to think movies are not REAL life, whether about addicts, missions to mars, or killer zombies that die when you shoot 'em in the head.

Why is so hard to accept that some people don't want to be disturbed by graphic or otherwise painful scenes in a movie?  It's the old "you like what you like, I'll like what I like" kind of deal.  Personally, I cannot stand movies that try to 'make me think' because quite frankly, they are usually dumb compared to my real experiences.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Flangepart

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2004, 01:06:16 PM »

What others watch is their busness.
I do my thing, ya'll do yours.
Please don't let differing opinions split us up.
And, Uh, JohnL....yeah. Not a good move dude. At least, if you'd cooled down and thought about it, ya could have worded it more....tactfully.
Not sure exactly how, mind you......

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
JohnL

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2004, 01:44:25 PM »

>And, Uh, JohnL....yeah. Not a good move dude. At least, if you'd cooled down
>and thought about it, ya could have worded it more....tactfully.

Yeah, like I said, I wasn't thinking...

Post Edited (01-26-04 12:47)
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2004, 04:32:35 AM »

ashcampbell wrote:

> Trainspoting is a film that is not meant to make you "like the
> charecters" or think their "cool" so why would you be so upset
> at the baby scene? its meant to show that nothing is more
> important to them in life than H and that includes the life of
> a child. if anything that scene is meant to prove that the
> charecters are scum, pure scum. having children should not
> change the message of a movie as powerfull as trainspottting.
> without films like this, people simply would not know how
> unaware adddicts are of the world and normal life around them.
> if you say you know alot about film and then insist on not
> watching the rest of a beautiful movie such as trainspotting
> then your kidding yourself.
>
> "TO HE WORKSHEAD........Groovy."

*sigh*
Okay, I think I will make one last comment, and then, if everyone could help me with this, we can let this thread die.

I DID watch the whole movie.  TWICE.  Yes, I hated it the first time but, because people keep calling it brilliant, I gave it a second chance.

I cannot argue that the film is well-made.  I can't even argue that it is well acted.  What I can argue is that it holds any redeeming quailty what so ever.  Since lacking in socially redeeming value is, quite literally, the definition of obsenity, that is what I think Trainspotting is.  To me, it is an obsenity.

I guess it could be argued that it shows the drug subculture for what it really is - an ugly and horrible thing.  My question is this:  What made anyone think I wanted to spend five minutes with the scuzziest people ever to walk the earth, let alone an hour and a half?

For that matter, why does anyone else?

Just because a film covers disturbing subject matter does not make it good, interesting, or "powerful."  There's nothing powerful about this film, really.  Powerful indicates that some big point is made.  What was the point other than "these people are the scum of the universe"?  Was the point, maybe, I dunno, "don't do drugs"?  Well, if that's the case, maybe Nancy Regan liked it, but I sure as hell didn't.

I hate this movie because I hate every character in it.  I find little humor in addiction.  Now, at this stage in my life, I have very valid personal reasons why the supposed "comedy" of this film only served to offend me.  The funny thing is, before I had these personal reasons, it still offended me.

Finally, there's nothing, i repeat, NOTHING "beautiful" about this film.  I can accept people liking it.  I can accept people hailing it as great.  But beauty never makes an appearance here.  This film is unmistakably ugly.  If the movie has a point, that's it - that there's no beauty in the life of a smack addict.  All is ugliness.  All is horror.

If you find beauty in the lives of these drug-slaves, you might want to consider re-evaluating your definition of beauty.

And, by the way, "your" is the posessive form of you.  "You're" is the contraction of "you" and "are".  As a side note, sentences begin with capital letters.  Sorry - that's just the grammar nazi within me.  It usually only shows up any more when someone's p**sed me off.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
saul-bruce
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2004, 08:40:09 AM »

yeah i saw trainspotting when ashcampbell came over & showed me it, he then showed me his butt-beef with extra butt cheese & butt smegma!
ashcampbell
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2004, 12:24:37 PM »

i think i love saul-bruce's mum......scratch faced!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies Hated For A Single Scene « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.