Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:33:51 PM
714346 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Did You Get For Christmas? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What Did You Get For Christmas?  (Read 9622 times)
StatCat
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2003, 01:43:16 PM »

A pair of bongos (yes someone gave me a rather strange pair) and $700 altogether (got all $- ah time to use it on things.)
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2003, 04:07:29 PM »

A few DVDs (Space Ghost, Frank Zappa's Baby Snakes, Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter, and a coupla short films with Steven Wright), a few CDs (the Velvet Underground's first album, They Might Be Giants' kids album, a tribute to Edgar Allen Poe, and some of Negativland's radio stuff), enough t-shirts of Aqua Teen Hunger Force and HomeStarRunner to last a full week, and a bunch of random knick-knacks (a big rubber crow, talking foam rubber Hulk hands, a frisbee, a collapsable laundry hamper).

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
StatCat
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2003, 11:51:10 PM »

the Velvet Underground's first album:

Great album, forget how many times I've played it.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2003, 08:57:09 PM »

I got the COMPLETE FAR SIDE.  Damn thing weighs 20 pounds and was a full one third of my luggage.

I also got NAKED LUNCH: THE CRITERION COLLECTION and DEUS EX and MARIO GOLF.  Also some other stuff.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Susan
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2003, 09:17:42 PM »

Mofo I envy you!  Does amazon no longer have it in stock? I noticed you can only buy it through dealers there now. I love the far side. One of my favorite ones was the father telling his son to go to bed and behave or the floating head of death would come and get him. (which was a balloon held just outside his window)   I don't know if it should be the far side so much as the dark side - the one with mary sitting down and enjoying her lambchops is hysterical!

Post Edited (12-28-03 20:19)
JohnL

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2003, 03:01:22 AM »

Christmas hasn't been that big in my family since my grandparents died a few years ago. I got the games Thief Gold and Thief II. Not much, but I've been working my way through Thief and enjoying the hell out of it.
Neville

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2003, 06:06:56 AM »

I got the extended edition of "The fellowship of the ring" (it is great) from my sis. I've bought her the "Castle in the sky" DVD in return. I also got the PC game "Call of duty", which I'm enjoying very much, and  yet another DVD, "Once upon a time in the West", which I still have to see.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2003, 06:38:47 AM »

Nightmare Before Christmas DVD

You've Got Mail DVD (I met my current Girlfriend on the internet, so it's topical for me...)

$15 gift certificate to my local comic shop (SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL COMIC SHOP!!!!)

And $65 in cash and checks that will go toward Dungeons and Dragons books, and the novels Shadow of the Hegemon and Shadow Puppets, both by Orson Scott Card.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Bernie
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2003, 12:18:50 PM »

This afternoon my wife and I have the closing on our new apartment (the first we will actually own)!  So we didn't buy any gifts for each other this year -- we figure we bought each other a home!  However we did do a joint order to DeepDiscountDVD for ourselves that went like this:

The Cheerleaders Collection (guess who that's for!)
King of the Hill Season 1
The Complete Young Ones

I also got the Beatles on Ed Sullivan DVD collection from my boss -- it's all 4 original episodes of Ed Sullivan that the Beatles appeared on -- the complete shows, along with the nationally-aired commercials!  (Very cool for us older boomers!)

Those were the only genre gifts for this year but we're happy....
raj

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2003, 02:08:54 PM »

Susan wrote:

> And I can always count on a certain family member to get me the
> present which  for 10+ years straight has held the coveted
> title for "what the hell?!"
> A jean shirt..with a pink poodle on it. Considering i never
> wear stuff like that and I'm not trailer trash..i can never
> figure it out.  C'mon people, i know most of you got a 'what
> the ..#@#?" gift - what was it?

Was it from Mullet Man?

I got Two Towers special edition DVD -- the Gollum is cool.  Also a Simpsons trivia game.  Mom is still working on my quilt, though I got a couple quarts of beef soup she made from the bones of the roast beast.  One sister gave me one of those "beers from around the world" packs.  I've only previously had one of the ten, so I've got some taste testing to do.
Susan
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2003, 02:12:05 PM »

>>Was it from Mullet Man?<<

argh! you know that my friend would have been THE premier shirt to wear to the bowling alley to pick up mullet man

>>One sister gave me one of those "beers from around the world" packs. I've only previously had one of the ten, so I've got some taste testing to do.<<

my brother recently got into brewing his own beer so instead of beer he gets recipes. Ever thought of brewing? Always thought it was every mans dream..to kill his own food and brew his own beer. Maybe it's me ;-)

raj

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2003, 02:14:47 PM »

Haven't tried brewing yet.  I mean to, but haven't gotten around to it yet.  Must be laziness.

I think you may be on to something Susan,
Shoot deer, brew beer.
George
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2003, 04:16:12 PM »

I got.....

Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City, Hitman 2 and Backyard Wrestling for PS2
Southpark Season 2 on DVD
Bob and Tom Camel Toe and Mistletoe CDs
Cast iron dutch oven (I am a foodie)
Garlic keeper and roaster (as I said, I'm a foodie)
Face care "product"
Two pairs of shoes
Socks, socks, socks
"Deception Point" by Dan Brown
Black and Decker laser level
Gift card to Lowes
About $50.00

All in all, a great haul.  The only thing I miss is my annual sports almanac.  Someone dropped the ball......lol
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2003, 12:12:51 PM »

I'll simplify my list by only mentioning the movies we got.

I got the four-volume Indiana Jones DVD boxed set and the Pumping Iron 25th anniversary special edition. Lori got a DVD of Gone with the Wind.

Oh, I should also mention that Sunday was our first anniversary. We were puzzling a bit over what to buy for paper gifts, but we finally settled on getting the Lord of the Rings trilogy, along with The Hobbit. We happened to be browsing in a book store and realized that books are paper. I'll have to get around to reading them soon, but I'm currently in the middle of another four-volume series.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
J Perk
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2005, 12:41:20 PM »

i got BAttlefield Earth from my sister.......the book

also i got Aqua Teen Hunger Force from my other sister, my nephew, mty bestfriedn, and his girlfriend.  had some returning to do and got Metal Gear solid 3 and Escape from New York from the cash

Also got Frogs from my Brother.

But battle field earth man?????
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Did You Get For Christmas? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.