Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:35:29 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  funniest movie's ever « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: funniest movie's ever  (Read 5853 times)
Tuck (Nowt to do with Tucker)
« on: December 28, 2003, 04:02:44 PM »

I'm talkin' intentional comedy here - none of that death wish 4 s**t - laughing with, not at.

I think, personally ,that the Big Lebowski is the funniest film ever made.

apart from that my mind's a blank so what does everyone else think? this is'nt limited to b-movies.
FearlessFreep
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 04:16:01 PM »

I don't see many comedies, but I'll put votes in for "Young Frankenstein" and "Arsenic And Old Lace"

Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
FearlessFreep
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 04:17:51 PM »

I will also add that "Lion In Winter' has some truly lethally funny dialog between Peter O'Toole and Katherine Hepburn

Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
lester1/2jr
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 05:07:20 PM »

Not another teen movie

or

Cheech and Chong's next movie
Susan
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2003, 05:38:41 PM »

I'm  trying to think of movies that still retain their humor and have withstood the test of time. Alot of comedies wear out after a few viewings or aren't "as funny' as you remember

"Bringing up baby"
 "arsenic and old lace"
I love dry humor and hepburn has "got it" - she has always had the ability to be funny without seeming to put any effort in it. Grant at times seems to border on physical comedy.

Spoofs:
"Airplane"
"Top Secret", I love the little gags of humor in this movie (tho i could do without the musical numbers) Latreeeeeen!

I love the stooges brand of humor, and am dissapointed that i can hardly claim to like most any recent "comedy" movie that is an instant box office hit. The first few viewings of "oh brother where art thou" were my kind of comedy...although i'm afraid it's one of those that i've seen too many times to appreciate anymore.

Another one that pops to mind is the original Out of Towners, I don't know why they ever wanted to remake it.

I rarely go to comedies these days because I'm picky about my brand of humor. In fact I'm more likely to laugh during an inappropriate scene during a Drama film than a comedy. Sometimes something said or done strikes me as hillarious and the mere fact everyone else is so quiet and engaged in the theater sends me rolling in the aisles. let's face it - the more you try not to laugh when you aren't supposed to the more you have to. So...maybe with that in mind - the funniest film i saw this year was "seabiscuit"?

Post Edited (12-28-03 16:40)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2003, 05:58:25 PM »

Not in order of  hilarity:

Blazing Saddles,  Young Frankenstein,  Airplane,  Raising Arizona,  The Big Lebowski,  Folks (Tom Selleck, Don Ameche),  O Brother Where Art Thou

The funniest movie ever committed to film is Monty Python and The Holy Grail  (almost every line in the thing is quotable).

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2003, 12:28:41 AM »

I'd have to go with either "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" or "This is Spinal Tap" (I can't believe no one mentioned Tap yet!).

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
JohnL

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2003, 03:10:42 AM »

Airplane I & II, Hot Shots I & II, the Naked Gun movies, Student Bodies, Young Frankenstein, Porky's (I like all three, but the first is the best).
Colt M1991A1
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2003, 05:33:42 AM »

I would say the funniest movies ever are:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail ("On second thoughts, let us not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.")

The Big Lebowski ("Donny, You are out of your element!")

Kung Pow: Enter The Fist ("If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!")

Flying High and Flying High 2 ("Surely you can't be serious. I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.")

Orgasmo ("I am Sancho. You, you are not Sancho. Only I am Sancho...")

And, of course,

O Brother, Where Art Thou? ("We thought you was a Toad!")
KINGDINOSAUR
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2003, 05:46:15 AM »

I'll have to go with the movie that has stood up over time.  One that I saw on TV as a wee tyke and grew to love it on many different levels.

DUCK SOUP (1933)

Scott
MOTAZart.com
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 05:57:54 AM »

I have a few favorites.

His Girl Friday - Cary Grant was a genius.  He and Rosalin Russel had natural chemistry, and the inside jokes in this movie (the dialogue for which was almost fully half improvised) send me rolling on the floor.

Arsenic and Old Lace - A true classic in every sense of the word.  As I said, Cary Grant was a genius.  I never stop laughing at this film.  If, by the way, you ever get a chance to see it on stage, go for it.

Amelie - A much more recent film, Amelie is a wonderful, magical romantic comedy.  It's in French, and I have to reccomend that if a dub is available, you ignore it and go for the subtitles.  This is, quality wise, one of the best comidies ever made, even if most of the humor is more of the chuckle-and-smile variety, rather than the roll-in-the-aisle type.

Airplane - I still lugh at Striker's drinking problem.  You'd think that the joke would get old, but it just doesn't.

American Pie - The original, although the first sequel is pretty good, too.  This one time, at band camp...

Monty Python's the Meaning of Life - This one makes my list just for the "Every Sperm Is Sacred" song.  If you haven't seen it, you owe it to yourself to do so.

Young Frankenstien - The BEST Mel Brooks comedy.  the comedy ranges from subtle irony to slapstick, and everything in between.

Blazing Saddles - The second best Mel Brooks flick.  I especially like Mungo, who just cracks me the hell up.  Clevon Little is brilliant, as is Gene Wilder.  Consistantly funny, and a roaring good time.

High Anxiety - Mel Brook's less than subt;le spoof of Hitchcock.  He hits every one of ol' Alfred's best flicks.  It's a good time, although it's not as re-watchable as Young Frakenstien and Blazing Saddles.

I used to swear by Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but the film just irritates me anymore.  I guess I've seen it once or twice too often.  Monty Python's The Life of Brian is pretty fun, too.

I like comedies, and while I enjoy the recent crop of gross-outs and vulgar-rifics (Not Another Teen Movie, Scary Movie, etc.), the above list is much better than any of that.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Neville

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 06:16:08 AM »

For me, either "Duck soup" or "Monthy Python's Life of Brian". Oh, and friend of mine who is taking glances at my screen just suggested Emir Kusturica's "Black Cat, White Cat" (1998)

Post Edited (12-29-03 05:16)

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 04:21:42 PM »

In no particular order:

* BROADWAY DANNY ROSE

* MR. BLANDINGS BUILDS HIS DREAM HOUSE

* DUCK SOUP

* THE ODD COUPLE

* MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL

* THIS IS SPINAL TAP

* WAITING FOR GUFFMAN

* BLAZING SADDLES

* YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN

* SOME LIKE IT HOT

* LA CAGE AUX FOLLES

* WHAT'S UP DOC?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 04:27:55 PM »

A Night At The Opera!
Jayson
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2003, 06:24:25 PM »

Lets see..... My funniest in no patricular order is:

1. Clerks
2. Tommy Boy
3. Happy Gilmore
4. Not another Teen movie
5. Scary movie (The original ONLY! The others sucked!)
6. Groundhog Day

"Maybe death will stop yer yammering"--Marge Simpson
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  funniest movie's ever « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.