Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:04:31 PM
714238 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Indestructible Man (1956) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Indestructible Man (1956)  (Read 881 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: January 05, 2004, 09:53:45 PM »

INDESTRUCTIBLE MAN (1956) - The film feels more like a poverty row film from the 40's, except they attempt some interesting scenes with the elevator, trolly incline, and sewers of L.A. that kinda remind you of some of the true b/w classics like THE THIRD MAN. The film is ok. Lon Chaney Jr. is on death row and gets electrocuted and is brought back to life by a doctor doing experiments. Chaneys cells solidify and make him indestructible. He becomes kinda like a bad Superman as bullits don't effect him. Bazookas and flamethrowers also don't effect him. The flamethrower did turn his face into pizza, but it dosn't stop him. He is finally stopped by a high voltage wire. The whole film is narrated like a episode of Dragnet and the soundtrack of orchestra music will drive you nuts. I really do like all types of music, but they could have done something different here. Even no music would have worked better.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

Is this this Alpha Video DVD?  How is the quality?  This has been on my "to buy" list, but I have hesitated because Alpha's quality ranges from "surprisingly good" to "scratchy and grainy."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flangepart

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 04:26:59 PM »

But, its a good MST3K.
Poor Lon....reduced to this.....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 11:59:08 PM »

Burgomaster the quality isn't that good and would skip ALPHA'S copy till you can find another, but if you just want to see the film then ALPHA is ok. It's not terrible, but for a collector you might want better.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Indestructible Man (1956) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.