Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:59:07 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie do you truely HATE? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: What movie do you truely HATE?  (Read 9910 times)
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 31, 2003, 07:13:10 AM »

I was looking at the "funniest movie" thread, along with the favorite movie thread, and I started to wonder...

What movie do you absolutely HATE with a fiery burning passion that well up from deep within your soul?

Or, more to the point, what movies do you hate, and why?

I'm not asking what movies you think are the worst ever made - some movies that I hate are really outstanding films that I just can't stand.  No, I want to know what movies truely gall you, or what movies make you angry, or what movies you just don't like.

For example:  I realize that I will get flamed for this, but I really can't stand The Godfather.  It bores me to tears.  I keep hearing about what a complete masterpiece it is, but I can't get through more than a half hour of it before I find myself wishing that the Corleones (I am quite sure I misspelled that, and I apologize) and everyone related to them would die a horrible death.  And then, when they do, I'm still not satisfied.

I also hate Evil Dead.  Evil Dead suffers from a few problems that combine to recieve my hatred.  For one thing, the characters are hopelssly stupid.  They don't even make a good try at leaving.  I realize that any attempt to escape on their part would have been futile, but damn, man.  At the end of the film, somebody's head melts into play-dough in one of the worst fx scenes since Reptilicus.  And all anybody can talk about is how great it is.  It infuriates me.

So, there are two of my picks.  What are yours?

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
FearlessFreep
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 07:17:02 AM »

I dunno...there are movies I tend not to enjoy watching, but  I don't think there's any that  I really hate

Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Jayson
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 10:48:21 AM »

If they ever make a "Friends" movie I will hate that.

"Maybe death will stop yer yammering"--Marge Simpson
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 11:30:18 AM »

Air America.
It could have been a fun adventure movie with Mel Gibson as a pilot in Central America in the 1980s.  It was a mess, and boring.  I hate movies that coulda & shoulda been good (good cast, interesting scenario) but that wind up being awfully bad.
Bernie
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2003, 03:27:58 PM »

The Way We Were.

Titanic.

No explanations necessary, I think....
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2003, 04:16:47 PM »

The House That Vanished
Sidehackers
Gigli

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2003, 10:18:33 PM »

I've never had much use for DEAD ALIVE.
Foywonder
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2004, 01:42:02 AM »

I hate that movie such a passion that whenever I hear someone say even the nicest thing about it my blood begins to boil. Not only do I hate it as a fan of Godzilla movies and giant monster movies in general, I think its the epitome of everything that is wrong with modern movies. Also, the arrogance displayed by Emmerich and Devlin behind the scenes while making that movie has them on my permanent s**t list.
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2004, 04:44:42 AM »

Shoot me, but I have always hated The Exorcist.  I was never frightened by it, probably because at the time it first was released in 1973 I was 11 and really didn't understand what it was supposed to be about.  By the time I  actually got to see it I had seen so many rip-offs and spoofs that the impact was like being hit by a banana.  Too much hype and hoopla, the thing bores the dung outta me.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
KINGDINOSAUR
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2004, 05:29:48 AM »

Grumpy Guy wrote:> What movie do you absolutely HATE with a fiery burning passion that well up from deep within your soul?  Or, more to the point, what movies do you hate, and why?

Normally I just avoid movies that I have severe reservations about like anything with Jim Carrey.  But I can think of two movies off the top of my head that I refuse to watch even five minutes of ever again!

STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER was seen at the theater.  It was the only movie I've ever watched while thinking "It's going to get better" and then have the closing credits roll.

INDEPENDENCE DAY was just too homogenized for me.  I felt ripped off because the only parts worth watching were seen on the commercials.  It took a while, but the movie finally received a backlash after false praise hyped the movie up to be on par with the original STAR WARS.

A movie I don't actively hate, but am stunned by the popularity of it is THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT.  If you're gullible enough to think your are watching a documentary then it might have the same perverse fascination as viewing a fatal car crash.  But it you look at it as a scary movie it's poorly done.

Scott
MOTAZart.com
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2004, 05:46:11 AM »

Any Adam Sandler movie.I hate his movies with a firey passion, and hope that he is the next SNL memeber to die.
Me, My Self, and Irene.I TRULY HATE THIS MOVIE.I have friends that love it, and if they want to watch it I will honestly go home rather than see that huge peice of s**t.
Freddy got fingered.Guy jacks off a elephant, need I say more.
Bowling for Columbine.I hate it because it could have been a great movie about the duality of American culture obssesion with guns and are high death rates by them.Instead it turns into a hypocritical agenda driven movie that completely contradicts every point it trys to make.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2004, 08:06:35 PM »

Foywonder wrote:

> I hate that movie such a passion that whenever I hear someone
> say even the nicest thing about it my blood begins to boil. Not
> only do I hate it as a fan of Godzilla movies and giant monster
> movies in general, I think its the epitome of everything that
> is wrong with modern movies. Also, the arrogance displayed by
> Emmerich and Devlin behind the scenes while making that movie
> has them on my permanent s**t list.

Not trying to cook you from within, but I've always liked Godzilla 98, despite it's inadequacies, and think it is one of the high mediocre Godzilla films.  In my opinion, it's far better than Godzilla v. Megalon and Godzilla v. King Ghidorah, both of which are achingly stupid.

(Granted, Godzilla 98 ain't that much better...)

Now, on a different note, could you elaborate on Emmerich/Devlin's arrogance?  Either that or point me to a site that does.  I do not doubt (a few of the interviews I read/ seen of the two since then has left me convinced on that point); I'm just curious.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Foywonder
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2004, 10:33:23 PM »

I agree about ID4 but my hate for the film lowered after seeing GODZILLA. At least ID4 was an actual movie.
Foywonder
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2004, 10:36:59 PM »

But at least GODZILLA VS. MEGALON and GODZILLA VS. KING GHIDORAH are actual Godzilla movies and while they may be extremely stupid they're still more imaginative than anything in the Emmerich/Devlin. Pick up a copy of "Japan's Favorite Mon-star (The Unauthorized Biography of Godzilla)" and read the chapter on the behind the scenes of the Tristar Godzilla and then tell me it doesn't make you personally angry.
JohnL

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2004, 11:32:17 PM »

I hate any movie about rap, but especially 8 Mile, which I have not and NEVER will watch.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie do you truely HATE? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.