Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:42:59 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie do you truely HATE? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: What movie do you truely HATE?  (Read 9911 times)
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2004, 01:05:32 AM »

I just realized I didn't elaborate on why I didn't like DEAD ALIVE.   I just thought it was silly, and not scary at all.  It bugs me how people point to its use of gore as an indicator of what a great horror movie it is.  If that's the case, then Monty Python movies are all horror classics.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2004, 01:46:49 AM »

Resident evil, for being a dumb pile of s**t

Eecks Vs. Sever for being a dumb boring pile of s**t that deserves to rot in hell and for not even being a real movie.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2004, 04:45:27 AM »

JohnL wrote:

> I hate any movie about rap, but especially 8 Mile, which I have
> not and NEVER will watch.

Not trying to knock you or anything, but how can you so strongly condemn something that you've never seen?  Are you sure it's the movies you hate, or is it really the music?

8 Mile was an incredibly well done film.  Granted, it was fairly predicatble, and filled with more profanity than it really needed to get its point across, but the acting in it (even from Martial Mathers) was excellent, and it had really good pacing.  What's more, it didn't give the expected Hollywood ending of the main character being either a.)discovered, and made into a huge star, or b.) shot dead in the end.

I can understand not wanting to see it because you don't like rap.  That I get.  But then, it's really the music that you hate, not the movie.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2004, 04:48:33 AM »

Dunners wrote:

> Eecks Vs. Sever for being a dumb boring pile of s**t that
> deserves to rot in hell and for not even being a real movie.
>

You know, I forgot about Eecks Vs. Sever.  You're absolutely right - it was horrible.  It makes me mad, because Banderas is better than that.  It was horribly directed - although I'll say this:  It does take some kind of talent to produce a whole series of Fight Scenes To Go To Sleep By.

Blech.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
KINGDINOSAUR
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2004, 05:13:31 AM »

Foywonder wrote:> I agree about ID4 but my hate for the film lowered after seeing GODZILLA. At least ID4 was an actual movie.

After STARGATE and INDEPENDENCE DAY I'd completely given up on anything involving Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin so I never watched GODZILLA(1998).

I have the gut feeling that those two are the "Dino De Laurentiis" of this generation.

Scott
MOTAZart.com
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2004, 05:21:28 AM »

Foywonder wrote:

> But at least GODZILLA VS. MEGALON and GODZILLA VS. KING
> GHIDORAH are actual Godzilla movies and while they may be
> extremely stupid they're still more imaginative than anything
> in the Emmerich/Devlin. Pick up a copy of "Japan's Favorite
> Mon-star (The Unauthorized Biography of Godzilla)" and read the
> chapter on the behind the scenes of the Tristar Godzilla and
> then tell me it doesn't make you personally angry.

I'll make it a point to check the book out, though I despute Godzilla v. Megalon being imaginative in any sense of the term.

(I'd also despute it being a Godzilla movie - Jet Jaguar gets more screen time than Our Hero - but that's probably just my dislike of the movie showing.)

Thanks for the info.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2004, 05:31:48 AM »

JohnL: I hate rap, but I love 8mile.It was incredibly well done with great acting and a inspiring story.I could understand about someone not wanting to see a DMX movie, but 8mile is simply a most see.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2004, 11:11:49 AM »

I absolutely hate cop comedies, like the "Beverly Hills Cop"  series, which always seemed to me boring, slow, and unfunny, or the first "Bad Boys" for the same reasons + MTV filmmaking. I actually enjoyed "Bad Boys II", though, it had some insane comedy and even several gruesome deaths.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Foywonder
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2004, 02:18:03 PM »

No, some of Dino's movies are at least watchable.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2004, 02:45:42 PM »

DUNE

I have never walked out of a theater in the middle of a movie, but I came very close when I went to see DUNE.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
raj

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2004, 05:06:26 PM »

Good one.  A totally incomprehensible mess out of a semi-incomprehensible semi-mess book.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2004, 05:48:01 PM »

I agree, I'm no fan of rap, but 8 MILE wasn't a bad movie.  Not great either, but not terrible and probably better than a lot of other "rap movies."

I forgot how much I hated SIGNS, though it isn't the film so much that I hate but that it seems like so many other people out there were willing to accept this ridiculous film.  It was a lame family drama with aliens.  I think someone here or on one of the other movie boards said that it could have been on the Pax channel.  

Still, I hate DEAD ALIVE more because it took a sub-genre that I love and turned it into lame computer lab nerd humor.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2004, 12:08:55 AM »

Well I don't know if I "hate" any film, but I know the ones I don't like:

Battlefield Earth - Almost walked out. Travolta is great, but he was lucky to find work after that one.

Howard the Duck - The only movie I have ever walked out of.

Die Hard Movies - Could never get into these movies.

Leathal Weapon - All of them.

Disaster and Airport Movies - Now AIRPLANE was great. The dramas are kinda boring. May has well watch the news.

Beverly Hills Cop Movies - First one was ok, but wasn't that crazy about it.

Mafia Movies - Gangster movies I like, but not mafia ones. Only seen THE GODFATHER (good) because Brando was in it. DONNIE BRASCO wasn't bad either.

Police Dramas - I like bank robbery movies with clever or brutal situations, but not police dramas.

Pro Wrestler starring in Movies - Except THEY LIVE(good) and Hogan in ROCY III (with Thinderlips) unless the movie is "about" Pro Wrestling then I can bear it.

Here are some bad movies in general :

Blair Witch Project
Battlefield Earth
The Dead Hate the Living
The Rats are Coming ! The Werewolves are Here !
Ghost Brigade

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2004, 12:15:01 AM »

Of course there are exceptions to most of the catagories in my previous post. I like that police drama COLORS.

jmdenn3000
New Visitor

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2004, 12:36:16 AM »

anything with hugh grant or meg ryan  but i have to say i hate above all else these films

thelma and louies

terminator three

friday the 13th- all of'em
and alien resurection

And today the president closed the nation's last remaining submarine base at Groton, Connecticut. When ask why he had made the startling decision the president responded, 'Those funny little black ships just keep sinking anyway'.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie do you truely HATE? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.