Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:28:58 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie do you truely HATE? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: What movie do you truely HATE?  (Read 9913 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2004, 12:36:33 AM »

Without a doubt, my most painful movie watching experience of recent memory was "Mission to Mars."  What a cluster, which is really odd since since I like Don Cheadle, Gary Sinise is okay and I can stomach Tim Robbins as an actor (but not as a political commentator).

I have never seen a single Adam Sandler movie, and never will watch one.

I'll probably catch grief for this one, but I also hated "Contact."   Arrrrggggghhhh.  That movie was boorrrriiiiinnngggg.  And please don't give me any crap about not understanding it - I understood it just fine; I just hated it.

On a side note, I have to say that I enjoyed "The Blair Witch Project" and here's why.  It was DIFFERENT and done on a shoestring budget.  Sure, there were holes you could drive a Mack truck through, but in the theatre, I did not care about those.  And true, most of the time I was sitting there laughing, because, well, I was just enjoying a movie that ventured out beyond "the formula."  It did more (or hey, at least tried to) with manipulation of the audience's imagination, rather than hitting us over the head with fast moving fx and gore.  That movie was definitely "love or hate," which is ONE measure of 'art,' I guess.  (I admit I don't see a lot of independent films anymore, so BWP just reminded me of what can be done when you get outside the big drek peddling mogul houses).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

BWP
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2004, 07:21:59 AM »

You know, my only real problem with the Blair Witch Project is that it was sort of like going camping with people you hate.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2004, 11:48:12 AM »

Man, hate is such a strong word but I'd have to say The Fast and the Futile and 2 Fast Too Futile flicks. The only good things about those films are the action sequences. As far as plot goes... over the top, Hollywood excrement.

A group of punks acting bad in a bunch of rice rockets. Man, a GTO with a V-10 would chew them f**kers up and spit'em out, period.
TheFeen
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2004, 12:54:00 PM »

House of 1000 corpses is the biggest pile of festering, pointless s**t i have ever had the gross misfortune to watch. And dont give me any of this 'you dont understand horror movies' - this is NOT a horror film, it wants to be a horror film and fails completely and miserably.

'Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?'
Flangepart

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2004, 01:20:37 PM »

Can't bring myself to watch God...Godz....oh, you know. (Godzilla98!)...there i said it. G.I.N.O. for sure! The REAL Godzilla don't run from nobody!
The "Deanzilla" had to keep moveing to keep from gittin' his ass shot off!
Nuff said....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
daveblackeye15

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2004, 01:54:26 PM »

Children of the Living Dead (AHHH!!) and the one movie I couldn't sit through because it was so bad "I eat your skin". I've stopped watching movies because I thought they were boring but that was the one time I stopped watching a movie because it was so bad.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2004, 04:13:57 PM »

I don't think of Dead Alive as a horror movie. I think of it as an over-the-top black comedy, and a damn good one at that.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
JohnL

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2004, 09:52:27 PM »

>Not trying to knock you or anything, but how can you so strongly condemn
>something that you've never seen? Are you sure it's the movies you hate, or is it
>really the music?

Yes, it's the "music" that I hate. I think it sounds horrible and is not the least bit (for me anyway) pleasant to listen to. Not to mention how dumb I think rappers look flinging their hands around as they "perform". Because of this, any movie that centers around rap is automatically one I don't ever want to see.

>I agree, I'm no fan of rap, but 8 MILE wasn't a bad movie. Not great either, but not
>terrible and probably better than a lot of other "rap movies."

Whenever I hear the name 8 Mile, I can't help thinking of the ad for the DVD, which promised it would have exclusive "rap battles". The whole concept of a "rap battle" where they stand there yelling at each other and moving their hands like they're waxing an invisible car just strikes me as being too stupid for words.
lester1/2jr
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2004, 02:50:15 PM »

Dark City.  All the leads were miscast and the plot was recycled twilight zone
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2004, 03:16:23 PM »

I definitely agree with Lester on Dark City.

I found it extremely difficult to sit through all of it.

I wouldn't say I hate it though.

Hate is a pretty strong word.

FearlessFreep
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2004, 03:26:48 PM »

To each his own, "Dark City"  is one of my favorite movies..

Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2004, 04:52:52 PM »

I didn't like DARK CITY either.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2004, 10:49:49 PM »

Cullen wrote:< In my opinion, it's far better than Godzilla v. Megalon and Godzilla v. King Ghidorah, both of which are achingly stupid>

G vs. Megalon and G. Vs. King Ghidorah maybe achingly stupid but they posseise this thing called entertainment value. Now I don't know about everyone else but when I watch this movie...I enjoy watching this movies. But when I watch Godzilla 98 it always make me want to read a comic book or get out my little Godzilla toys and use my imagination to think up a better Godzilla movie. Zah Zam! Oh yeah and I HATE Godzilla 98

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Genetic Mishap
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2004, 10:13:49 PM »

Any movie by that guy who did Resident Evil and Mortal Combat. Everyone likes his movies, and I can't fathom why. And that's not just hyperbole. I really can't grasp it.

And now I hear he's doing Aliens vs. Predator. Great.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2004, 12:30:30 AM »

I guess you must be new to this phorum Genetic Mishap, because virtually everyone on this phorum hates Paul Anderson and his movies.
Trust me you are among many like minded friends.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie do you truely HATE? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.