Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:38:16 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rush Hour 2 - Major letdown « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rush Hour 2 - Major letdown  (Read 1764 times)
Guitarwolf
« on: August 12, 2001, 12:35:08 PM »

Am I the only one that thought this film sucked? I loved Jackie Chan. I have old tapes of him that I paid through the nose for. I like Chris Tucker. I loved Rush Hour. But I hate to say it, I thought Rush Hour 2 sucked. The jokes were rehashed from the original. The only memorable fight scene was at the bamboo structure. The only time I laughed was at the end during the last outtake. The movie just wasn't funny to me.
I have read nothing but good reviews for this film. Around 90% of the reviews have said that this movie is better than the first. So this is why I am asking, am I the only one who didn't enjoy this film. There was nothing new at all about this film. And the gay scene was lifted right out of Beverley Hills Cop. In fact, Chris Tucker seemed to be doing an Eddie Murphy impression throughout the film. The only characters I could care anything about were Chan and Tucker. The bad guys in the film aren't memorable at all. I read somewhere that the budget for this film was $97million. $97million? The first film had better paceing, better acting, a better script, funnier dialog and more fight scenes. Rush Hour 3 has already been talked about and takeing place in Africa? Ugghhh. So in other words, we're going to get  a clone of Rush Hour 2, which in my opinion is a watered down version of Rush Hour. This film also lacked the supporting characters that the first film had. And don't tell me I am looking to deeply into this film. I like all kinds of movies from A to B to Z. This film is the worst Jackie Chan film I have seen since Eagles Fist. Not to be confused with the great Snake in the Eagles Shadow. Eagles Fist is a movie where Jackie dies early on.
Quu
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2001, 12:09:25 AM »

I didn't like it either. The entire theater was laughing their asses off, while I just sat there waiting for the damn film to end.
Dr. Abram
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2001, 04:18:53 PM »

You weren't the only one who found Rush Hour2 a big dispointment. But then again most movies are disapointing.

It's the truth; these days most movies suck. Todays audiance is fed more formula than a dehydrated three-day-old baby. Which makes reviewing pictures so much more fun for us.

http://www.mostmoviessuck.com
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rush Hour 2 - Major letdown « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.