Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:12:14 PM
713354 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Guess who's making a comeback? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guess who's making a comeback?  (Read 2477 times)
Andrew K
« on: August 13, 2001, 10:24:27 PM »

The Canadian TV show The New Music just had an interview with one of Canada's greatest musical treasures, a once major star making a comeback., the most unwelcome return of a schlock figure since Meat Loaf helped launch the career of Michael Bay. I'm talking about the rock n'roll zombie nightmare man himself: THOR!  Yep, he's back with a new band, and a new look! All I can say is wow, he's still fit, but he's at least a HUNDRED pounds lighter! What, did he go to Switzerland, and have all of his excess musculature removed? And the hair-it's still bleached blond, but he's shorn it into a buzzcut, so that he looks like the lead singer for Everclear! When the hyper-annoying interviewer asked him what's up with the hair, he explained that this was the new "rocker" style, and he's trying to keep up with the times. Someone should have told Thor that no one listens to Gwar anymore, because he was attired in a fibreglass version of Russel Crowe's Gladiator outfit, and wore the same mask the drummer wore in the "Stonehenge" segement of This is Spinal Tap! They also showed some clips of Thor in the past, performing such hits as "Thunder on the Tundra" and "Let the Blood Run Red" and displaying such talents as bending steel bars with his teeth, and blowing up hotwater bottles till they burst. And yes, they showed a clip from Zombie Nightmare! Look out folks-Canada's heavy metal madman is back, and he'll probably do a duet with Rob Thomas (*shudder*)!
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2001, 06:11:39 AM »

Whatever.

While we're on the subject of blonde has-been hags, Fabio is reportedly moonlighting as an animator for the upcoming Thor: God of Thunder, which I assume is based on the Marvel Comics character and not the Canadian goose. I can't believe it's not butter!
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2001, 06:18:26 AM »

Correction: did the research and Thor: God of Thunder isn't the comic book character, but the original Norse legend. This thing's been in Development Hell since 1997 or so. The look's obviously based on Fabio. Now if the voice were done by Mike Myers, and Loki, Mouse of Lies (I kid thee NAY!) were done by Eddie Murphy...
Nathan
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2001, 10:07:07 AM »

Of course, everyone in Canada will say -- "Who?"  (Unless, like me, they first saw Zombie Nightmare in Canada.)

An interesting sidenote:  His name is Jon Mikl Thor, and I'm pretty sure that middle name is intended to be pronounced "Michael," but I just can't do it. To me, the man will always be "John Mickle Thor."

Nathan
David
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2001, 04:51:47 PM »

I saw that episode of the New Music a while ago...Thor! is even more pathetic in living colour. I can't believe that CityTV granted him an interview. His popularity is far less than spectacular.
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2001, 05:33:32 PM »

Nah....now a duet with Adam West, ...i'd buy that for a dollar! (U.S. or Can. I'm not pickey)
Chris
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2001, 08:21:37 PM »

To Squishy  we know he's a Norse Legend but Stan Lee made a comic book about him do your research pal.
Chris
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2001, 08:24:24 PM »

No a duet with Tia Carrere will help him make it big or not.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Guess who's making a comeback? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.