Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:28:42 PM
714346 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I had a dream... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I had a dream...  (Read 5577 times)
Chadzilla
« on: August 14, 2001, 01:06:48 PM »

...about George A. Romero's next Dead movie.  It was like watching the beginning of the movie itself.  Get this surreal weirdness...

It opens with a low angle shot of a huge wall.  The camera glides up, up, up (the tiniest of gaps have some light leaking through and there is the sound of muttering voices and other ambiant noise) and over the wall.  We are now looking down throuh a latticed ceiling of some sort.  Beneath us is a thriving community of thousands.  The camera lowers down and wonders through aisles of stored merchandise, television production vacilites, housing, and countless other things.  We eventually meet a character (it's a kid, argh!) who discovers that the walls the this fortress are slowing collapsing.  The dead will be able to get in.

No one cares, the dead stopped being a threat years ago.

And one more really weird thing...Joe Izuzu (that car commercial guy) was a the television news guy.  He was really into his job.

I just love it when my mind mixes all kinds of goodies (elements from the previous movies, news about Romero's new script, the script for the original unproduced version of Day of the Dead) and comes up with some really cool things to keep me entertained while I sleep.
Flangepart
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2001, 05:30:14 PM »

Chadzilla.....you have an over active, twisted, weird take on reality....i like it! Joe Izuzu is the best part. Man, imagin the news casts in N.O.T.L.D. is he'd done them in character! He.  Hehe. Hehehe. Bwahahahahaha!
Guitarwolf
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2001, 01:18:05 AM »

I had a dream too. And my dream involved Tyra Banks in a bathtub full of milk with a couple of bottles of Chocolate syrup. And in the bedroom was a nude Claudia Schiffer finding a new use for an electric toothbrush.
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2001, 11:14:44 AM »

Mmmmmm. Chocolate syrup.
Chadzilla
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2001, 11:29:12 AM »

Now my wife is going to wonder why I just stand there watching the electric toothbrush buzz away while grinning like and idiot.
Gerry
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2001, 01:37:59 PM »

And we wonder why there are no women on this board?  Even regulars like Abby and Faerie of Death have been conspicuously absent lately.

I just drank a bunch of chocolate milk, so I need to go brush my teeth now.  Mmmm, toothpaste.
Steve.
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2001, 02:01:16 PM »

GW - do you mean Ms. Schiffer cleans out her ears or de-foliates her nose with an electric toothbrush? Because if not, I really can't think what on earth you mean.
Gerry - the lack of women hereabouts could be due to the fact that they may consider us (totally and utterly mistakenly) to be sexist swine.
Abby
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2001, 02:23:28 PM »

Ha ha ha -- jeez, you should see the dream I posted. Actually, Chadzilla cross-posted this at my message board too, so I responded there.
Gerry
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2001, 02:23:40 PM »

Steve. wrote:
>
> that they may consider us (totally and utterly mistakenly) to
> be sexist swine.

Well, you're half right (I'll let you decide which half).
Steve.
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2001, 03:09:21 PM »

They are mistaken? After orderi...consulting with the missus, we are in total agreement. I'm afraid we're sexist swine.
Steve.
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2001, 03:30:27 PM »

Abby - are you sure you didn't have a part in Cannibal Holocaust? Either that or change your quack. (shiver 'n' shudder).
Flangepart
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2001, 05:33:15 PM »

Wasen't it Tim Allen who warned, "But when Black & Decker makes a vibrator, Look out!". Hummmm...what would the 50ft woman use for a...um..."Passion aid"....A Harley? Vrooooooommmmm!
Steve.
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2001, 05:42:22 PM »

With the Nips dominating everything else, why not the world of .... I would say a Honda (B-movie tie in) - but I would not like to pay the running cost for a 50ft lady-person. Oil crisis ahoy!
Andrew
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2001, 06:14:10 PM »

Remind me never to dreamwalk into one of Abby's (I mean Pa... ...ah forget it) nightmares.  I've no big hankering for genocide stew made for 11,000.

I'm not prone to a lot of dreams these days, but recently (while on muscle relaxants) I woke with a "case of the horrors."  No idea what it was that had me full of dread, but everything was terrifying.  The damn cat was asleep between Katie and me.  It didn't move when I touched it, so I decided it was dead.  Shortly after that I sprang from bed and the adrenaline kicked in.  The good thing is that I woke up enough to realize I was being irrational at this point and didn't get my .45 (it's within reach of the bed - we don't have kids).

According to Katie that's her main complaint about me: being psychotic (not usually that psychotic) when woken abruptly.  Once she tried kissing me awake when I was on the couch.  I swept her legs out from under her and knocked her to the floor with my forearm.

Ah, spouse abuse that you can get away with...

Andrew
Abby
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2001, 07:22:18 PM »

Andrew, I could have totally used you in my Cannibal Holocaust dream -- you would have been well-armed. I think all we had were cameras and knives we pulled out of bodies.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I had a dream... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.