Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:08:42 AM
714325 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies Hated For A Single Scene « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Movies Hated For A Single Scene  (Read 7077 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2004, 02:08:13 PM »

I'm an old man.
Never had kids, likely never will.
Pet Cemetary, and films like that....i won't bother with.
Low tolerance for gore, and not big on cruel characters. Hannibal the Cannibal can suck on a claymore, far as i'm concirned.
Read the ending of Seven....wont be watching it.

The less real, and possable monster, the more i can handle it. Godzilla, anyone?

I know my own limets. I can't judge for others...but i, even i, do agree with Ulthar and the Grump. I want a movie to get me away from the real world for a while....not to let me wollow in it.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2004, 02:57:05 PM »

ASHTHECAT wrote:

> Grumpy Guy, you and my friend who also hated this film should
> get together and have a tea party or something.
>
> I say again.....even though I do not have children or even if I
> did...I look at this film  and will continue to look at it with
> an OPEN MIND!
>
> You, like my friend allowed your judgement & fairness to be
> clouded by a single scene or scenes...which was what I was
> getting at all along here on this thread.
>
> Either way, when I do eventually have children I know that I
> will still be able to view a film like Trainspotting with an
> OPEN MIND.
> The birth of my offspring will not influence my opinions and DO
> NOT presume to tell me otherwise.
> You don't know me.
>
> Obviously, the birth of your offspring have influenced yours.
> Sorry to hear that.
>
> Not everyone changes when they have kids.
> Am I wrong?
> No I am not.  
> And you know it.
>

You know, normally  a personal attack like this would send me on the warpath.  There would be a lot of "How dare you" type comments.  I would call a few names, perhaps.

But, instead, your post makes me sad.  Very, very sad.  Sick in the heart, if you will.

I'm sorry you think that any children you might have will have so little impact on you.  I'm sorry that you think that creating a life with someone won't change how you view the world.  I'm sorry that you are so close-minded that you can't see how it could affect someone else.

For the record, I don't have any kids.  My friends do, and my girlfriend does, and I've seen how their children affect them.  I'm wise enough - even at the young age of 28 - to be able to see that you can't have children of your own without having your entire world-view changed.

Your open hostility to people who do not share your views disturbs me, ASH.  You went off like this once before on a rant about Japanese cinema and anime.  Strangely, that thread vanished from the forum.  Still, it showed, as this one does, that the only thing you're open-minded about is your movie-viewing.  Other people's belief ar so much garbage to you.  You show no resect for the beliefs and feelings of others.  That's CLOSE-MINDED.

I regret to say, ASH, that you and I will probably never be friends.    I, as a rule, don't associate with people who call me foolish, or close-minded, or what have you just because they don't agree.

I would, at this point, try to explain to you the reasons why I hate Trainspotting.  The baby-death scene was only part of it.  However, since you seem to regard anyone who does not agree with you as foolish or close-minded, I'm not going to bother.  It's not worth my time, and I have better things to do that listen to you insult me.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2004, 04:36:35 PM »

I agree with you Flangepart... Sometimes films about reality can get a little ridiculous. I have an open mind though and I do enjoy VARIETY. It's what adds the spice to life. ; ) Give me a Sc-Fi, Slasher, Horror, Fantasy, Drama, Comedy, or Chick Flick anyday.
JohnL

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2004, 03:15:34 AM »

Hey Ash, how do you feel about watching scenes of fatal motorcycle accidents?
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2004, 04:59:17 AM »

You know JohnL....
If you said that to me and we were in the same room...I would lunge at you and you'd get the hardest right hook you ever took in your life.
No joke.
It would probably take several people to pry me off of you.

You do not joke about s**t like my brother dying in the last 6 months in a motorcycle accident...even if you were trying to make some sort of ridiculous point here.

That was WAY below the belt you cowardly motherf**ker.

Until you apologize for that bulls**t remark I will never respect you and will single you out for personal attacks on ANYTHING you write.
And you well know that I am NEVER at a loss for words.

As far as I'm concerned, you are the lowest common denominator here on this board right now.

Post Edited (01-24-04 04:05)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2004, 05:25:12 AM »

Hey Ash, I don't believe JohnL question was ment to be any kind of sarcastict remark, just a question about if you have trouble watching such scenes.
It was a question in bad taste though, and he should not have asked it. You should know better JohnL.

Smells like popcorn and shame
JohnL

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2004, 05:51:09 AM »

>Until you apologize for that bulls**t remark I will never respect you and will single
>you out for personal attacks on ANYTHING you write.
>And you well know that I am NEVER at a loss for words.

I'm sorry. I realize now that it was in really bad taste and I should have known better, but I wasn't thinking. I've often been accused of not having too much common sense and sometimes I post without thinking...

Post Edited (01-24-04 04:53)
Ash

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2004, 06:04:22 AM »

Too late dude.

I already put you on display on a new thread.

Your comment deserves to be seen by EVERYONE here.

I want to see what others have to say.

I told you that I am NEVER at a loss for words and now you're going to find out first-hand what I meant by that.

Post Edited (01-24-04 05:06)
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2004, 08:52:40 PM »

Holy crap! I'm sure glad I missed this thread.

Ash, I feel terrible that JohnL made that RUDE comment regarding your bother. It p**sed me off as well and I wouldn't blame you if you slugged him either. TOTALLY UNCOOL... : (

JohnL, what the f**k were you thinki'n ya jackass?!  Have you ever lost someone dear to you? Do you know the pain and mourning that one goes through from losing a brother?! If I were in the rooom when you said that, I  would have split your nuts off the side of your face!!!
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2004, 09:16:04 PM »

Hope people will just let this go.   I was going to not say anything since it seemed to have blown over but the last post makes it seem like it might not.  

I have to say, this kind of the thing is the main reason I think it's a bad idea to share personal stuff on the Internet.  I just don't think it's appropriate to share these kinds of things with strangers, in a forum that isn't designed for that purpose.  I haven't entered into any kind of social contract with anyone here to discuss anything other than bad movies.   I know we all do it, I've done it too like when I got married back in August, but when it's something like a death of a family member it makes me uncomfortable.  This is a forum about bad movies, not bereavement.        

I know people are going to jump down my throat, but I felt like it needed to be said.  I've lost family members too, and at the time I did share that online in the forums where I was hanging out, but if I could go back I would not do that again.
Ash

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2004, 09:18:04 PM »

I agree....this thread disintegrated into utter bulls**t.

Let's just drop it and move on.

Please.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2004, 12:05:56 AM »

jmc, I understand your comment and I do agree to a point.  I would offer, however, that I think in a way we do make friendships with folks on the forums we frequent and there is a STRONG desire to share ups and downs with friends.

With this medium, though, it is tough...you are reading just words, no facial expression, no eye contact.  It is very easy to misunderstand what someone has typed, or whatever.

On another board I frequent, there was a recent thread about thinking someone is a butthole on the forum because they are agumentative, then meeting them and thinking 'wow, that dude is really, really nice.'

In the end, disagreements do happen, and hopefully they get patched up.  Just like real friendships and just like real families.  I would be surprised if the social dynamics on a forum were really THAT different than 'real life' relationships.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Savannah
New Visitor

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2004, 01:36:36 AM »

Post Edited (01-25-04 00:42)

How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.           unknown
ashcampbell
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2004, 01:24:08 PM »

Trainspoting is a film that is not meant to make you "like the charecters" or think their "cool" so why would you be so upset at the baby scene? its meant to show that nothing is more important to them in life than H and that includes the life of a child. if anything that scene is meant to prove that the charecters are scum, pure scum. having children should not change the message of a movie as powerfull as trainspottting. without films like this, people simply would not know how unaware adddicts are of the world and normal life around them. if you say you know alot about film and then insist on not watching the rest of a beautiful movie such as trainspotting then your kidding yourself.

"TO HE WORKSHEAD........Groovy."
ashcampbell
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2004, 06:52:41 PM »

faggots
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies Hated For A Single Scene « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.