Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:43:17 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which is your fave/most hated Friday the 13th and why? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which is your fave/most hated Friday the 13th and why?  (Read 2363 times)
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 10, 2004, 10:15:28 PM »

I loved Friday the 13th part 3 because of the cheesy 3-D special effects (these look like such a joke on a regular tv screen) and because this is the episode where Jason gets his hockey mask.

I hated part 8 because most of the movie never took place in Manhattan and Jason had  some kind of teleporting ability when he stalked people! Last I checked, he wasn't working for Professor X on the side.....

How about yours?

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
BGrade
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 11:37:35 PM »

Favorite:  Jason X.  I love that movie.  A comedy master piece.

Least is also 8.  That teleporting stuff sucked.  Plus they showed him way to much.
It had on atmosphere

As a whole. 1,2,3 had some merit. X was great.  The rest pretty much sucked
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 12:30:22 AM »

I like the first four, but the rest didn't need to be made.  Well, five is good just because of the nudity.
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 03:36:33 AM »

Wow, I can't believe I'm the first one to say this...f**k FRIDAY #5.  It doesn't even have Jason in it!  The only good thing about it is the ambulance driver who's pretending to be Jason looks vaguely like Patrick Troughton, opening opportunities for a few good Dr. Who jokes.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 06:27:38 AM »

I agree on Part 3 also.

I've only seen parts 1 2 3 4 and 10.

I have no opinion of the rest because I haven't seen them.
Latifah_Easton
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 10:46:50 AM »

The best is probably Jason X. The worst is probably Part 9 - Jason Goes To Hell  because there is no Jason. It's still watchable but not a proper Friday 13th flick. I do like the other though. All 11 parts are quality slasher fun IMO.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2004, 10:58:04 AM »

Part 6: Jason Lives is definitely my favourite. Higher production values, tougher Jason, more interesting characters, loads of action, and theme song by Alice Cooper. The high point of the series.

Friday hit a few low notes, but the worst had to be Jason Goes to Hell. It completely discarded most of what had been established in eight previous movies, and made up a bunch of crap that had nothing to do with any of it, contradicted most of it, and wasn't even entertaining. The plot also had more holes than I'm used to ignoring in a slasher movie. The only good thing about it was the opening scene with the FBI ambush. Everything else sucked.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2004, 11:14:28 AM »

My favorite is #2, because it was the first true slasher movie I ever saw.  It kinda has sentimental value.  Of course #1 was good, too.

The later ones (after #3) bored me.  I don't even remember which ones I have seen, that's the impression they made.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
StatCat
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2004, 07:31:43 PM »

Favorite: Part 3 (it's all about the crappy 3D effects, guy with the fro, barking punk guy, and it's where Jason gets his mask!

Hated: Jason Goes to Hell (Goes to hell indeed, I'd rather be in hell than watch it most likely.)

-----------------------------------------------------
Wear a suit and tie when I'd rather sit and die
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2004, 10:47:27 PM »

For me it is the original #1 and JASON X without a doubt.

The one against Freddy is also good.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which is your fave/most hated Friday the 13th and why? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.