Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:41:21 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dawn Of The Dead remake « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Dawn Of The Dead remake  (Read 19404 times)
chuckles
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2004, 11:43:40 AM »

A few thoughts:  zombies should not be fast or coordinated--they're DEAD and there should be decay and breakdown of body musculature, vision etc......slow, clumsy zombies seem more realistic.  And there is something creepy (and funny) about lumbering zombies.

But....fast moving dead could really be terrifying.  How the heck do the living stand a chance against zombie hordes who can move as fast as they can?  Where's the hope?  Or, is that the point--there is none.

Also, the zombies represent challenge:  if the "living" people band together and don't succumb to panic or ego--then they'll survive.  That was one of the great things about the original DAWN--it wasn't til the end when Stephan lost his cool that caused "all hell to break loose" and to ultimately lose his life.  Peter, was the guy with the clear head.  Alot of relevant psycho-dynamics going on.

Lastly, I don't think there should be "an explanation" for how or why the dead are returning to life and attacking the living.  It's more tense and scary--not knowing why everything is happening.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2004, 02:37:14 PM »

Romero has said that he never intended the story abou the Venus probe to be the explanation for the zombies...it was just a theory from the government.  

Supposedly, on one of the Japanese discs they have a special prologue title where they have some story about a virus.  According to one of the fan sites ran by an American living in Japan, the Japanese have trouble accepting science fiction and horror unless there is some kind of explanation.
Niteflight
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2004, 07:26:01 PM »

I haven't been here for a while, and I was prompted to throw out my views on the Dawn remake after seeing the trailer last night.  First, Dawn is my favorite horror movie of all time, and I even got to meet Tom Savini once and get my pic taken with him.  Really cool guy.

I will give this new one a chance, and I am going to see it.  However, I know it will never compare to the original.  I have a feeling it will be much like the zombie crap I've seen as of late, ie. House of the Dead, etc.  Every time a new one comes out, i tell myself I'm not gonna rent it, and I still end of wasting  4 bucks foolishly.  (Would have been put to better use as toilet paper).  I have never seen Ving Rhames act, except in the Radio Schack commercials.  (Hope he doesn't try to shoot any zombies with a cell phone.  lol)  I highly doubt the zombie children will appear.  Too many damn  liberals would oust that idea right away.  Which, only movies from the 60's, 70's, and possibly early 80's would show anything like that.  I just love it how movies of today are quicker to show horny teenagers screwing the s**t out eachother than a zombie child being shot.  I'll give the fast moving zombies a chance, though, it might make for a scarier feeling.  I also like the social commentary from the original , and it sounds like that was pretty much non existent in the remake.

I also hope that the soundtrack doesn't sound like death metal all the way through either, like these new horror flicks have.  And, if i can put 2 more cents in, it is sad that those who see this new Dawn ,and have never seen the first, will think the original is booorrrrring.  Teenagers of today don't know what a real horror movie is.
goesaround
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2004, 05:05:44 PM »

What takes the build up and the mythology out of this it seems everyone dies of plague and comes back as biters, as opposed to those who were already dead coming back and killing and THOSE become biters. It's much better that way. Slow moving tells you they are dead. fast moving they just are monsters. Big difference. In Romeros Dawn the scene when they are parking trucks and their is almost a phot os two or three zombies hardly moving. What a portrait of horror. Horror movie fear and alienated lost poor wal mart start a fight for no reason fear.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2004, 09:05:32 PM »

While watching the commercial on TV the other night, it finally struck me why I prefer shambling zombies to those who can run; When they're running, it breaks the illusion and they look too much like normal people. When the zombies shamble, it's obvious that there's something wrong with them.
mr x
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2004, 11:46:58 AM »

does n e 1no if they will have the famous scene in as well where bikers come in and raid the mall?
saul-bruce
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2004, 08:08:53 AM »

yeah i am lookng forward to it as its a zombie movie, but it wont be as good as the original, yo kris u mofo, i got soooooooo f**ked on saturday at toms, i threw up in his kitchen, u coming out this fri?
brzone
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2004, 12:25:34 PM »

the original sux, horror? gringos is to lol..... blue zombies? smurfs???

f**k THE f**kING PEACE OF s**t!!!

the remake is better... the cast SUX of course, the history is to s**t like original.... and the nerds fans of dead people? f**k YOU!!!!!!

DUMB CULTURE
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2004, 05:48:40 PM »

Lame atempt at trolling there bud.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
odinn7

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2004, 11:26:55 AM »

I dunno Lee, do you think his attempt would've worked better if we could have understood more of what he was trying to say? Trolls that write things that make no sense...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2004, 01:45:18 PM »

I finally saw a TV commercial for this.  Looks....okay.  Really don't like the running zombies but there are some cool looking scenes.  My wife is put off by the presence of some teenybopper actors I haven't heard of, but I'm still going to give it a chance.
goesaround
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2004, 09:41:33 PM »

If you left your computer screen and walked out your door and saw a man on the next block slowly notice you and ever so slowly come your way..is much more frighting then some guy running toward you. At least there is more time to be afraid...I dont like aspect of the remake  this one night everyones dead and next morning every one is a zombie, It's much more terrfying to see humans slowly lose control. Almost as terrfying as people and silly fog boys who can now access the internet and just curse and splash stale racist anti human thoughts on the internet. George Romero said he feared while growing up his neighbors more then Godzilla. To me the scariest zombies were in the b/w night of the living dead when you see one come through the door or come creep up behind the pickup truck. They were scarry as were similar white faced lost soulssssss in Carnival of Souls.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2004, 04:01:46 PM »

I'm sort of looking forward to the 10 minute sneak preview on the USA Network.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JohnL

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2004, 11:02:03 PM »

Sneak preview on USA? I haven't heard anything about this. When is it?
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2004, 12:46:13 PM »

BTW, anyone get the new DOTD disc yet?  It looks great!  Mine seems to have a slight problem at the layer change, but I don't want to send it back....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dawn Of The Dead remake « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.