Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:49:02 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: My Brother's Headstone(finally) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OT: My Brother's Headstone(finally)  (Read 1042 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: January 08, 2004, 04:47:40 AM »

I wanted to let you all know that almost 6 months after his untimely death, my brother will finally be getting his headstone for his grave.

If you'll forgive me, I do not intend this new thread as some sort of plug for his website.
Quite the contrary.
It's just that many of you were there for me when he died and comforted me with your condolences and I do appreciate that.  
I feel that I can say/type things to you all that I could not say to others that physically know me and I know that you understand.

Go to www.corychapman.com to view his headstone.
You'll probably need to click on the image of the stone on the homepage to view it in full size because some of the text is small and difficult to read.
We're going to drop the word "The" from the beginning of both sentences as I feel it sounds and looks much better without them.

I've also revamped his site by changing the color scheme from blue swirl to wave black...which I feel is necessary on the 6th month anniversary of his passing....don't ask me why...it just does.
I felt that a radical change was in order for the site...even if it is only the color pallette.
What do you think?

Post Edited (01-08-04 16:16)
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 12:47:55 PM »

Hey Ash,

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your brother's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I really had no idea that this had happened. Did they ever find out what caused the accident?

Anyhow, I agree with you in dropping "The" from each line. It does read better...
Also, I believe that putting up website memorials would be a great business venture for you. Believe me, I've seen worse ideas take off.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 02:50:34 PM »

I lost my dad when I was 13, I know what you're going through. Few people don't go through this. The tombstone is better with out those "The"s. Your business idea sounds very good to me, if a person wants to make a memorial website but doesn't know how then they can come to you. Thumbs up to your idea.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 08:00:28 PM »

Hey Ash,

I just noticed that the day your brother passed was on my birthday. It's unfortunate, he really looked like a nice guy.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 08:05:55 PM »

Thanks VB.

Remember the thread not too long ago when we attempted to see who had the same birthday?
It was some sort of experiment.

While glancing at them I did notice that your birthday and the day he died were the same.

What time of day were you born?

He was pronounced dead at exactly 4:01 pm.

Post Edited (01-08-04 19:07)
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 09:34:30 PM »

It's a good site. I'll have to email you at some point ASH, I am considering doing something similar for my sister and I want it to be done in good taste.

Thanks for sharing the link

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2004, 08:00:30 PM »

I think I remember my mother telling me that I was born around 10:30 AM.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: My Brother's Headstone(finally) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.