Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:31:42 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Manos, the Hands of Fate « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: Manos, the Hands of Fate  (Read 246046 times)
Jazz
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Mm... I don't know if the number has been corrected yet, but I gather from imbd that 5 of the castmembers committed suicide in 1966.  It was that bad.  Those suicides intrigue me more than the thought of how such a comical piece of s**t could've been made, personally.
The Main Man
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The user above is wrong saying Torgo is Greek for "vulture". "Vulture" in Greek is "γύπας" ("gúpas"). Torgo is just a name.
Mike
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This may be the best "bad" movie ever...there is not one quality of decent filmmaking here.  It's badly edited, acted, and makes virtually no sense.  It may be funnier WITHOUT the MST3K additions...a true must see for any fans of bad film.  Torgo rules!!
Tom Neyman Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

As an efficianado of cheeseball movies, This is naturally my favorite movie of all time. From the opening scene where Mike says cut (though you can't hear it, you just lip-read) to the cameo by Mr. Clapboard, to the obvious zipper on the Master's cape, to the rather gratuitous suprise ending. For us freaks, this movie is bliss.

P.S.: I believe I am the first person to notice the delayed sound effect when the make-out couple are first found by the fuzz. The officer closes the door just as the light on the roof starts flashing, and roughly 3/4 seconds later, we hear the sound effect. I haven't seen this in any reviews, therefore I am proud. Yet still a freak.
Brad
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I bought the MST3K dvd of this, and while Joel and the Bots did all they could, they just couldn't save it.This truely deserves its high ranking on the worst movies list on imdb. My god man, I sat through both Gigli and Cool As Ice and neither of them were this bad. In culinary terms, Gigli, at least compared to Manos, is like stuffed veal served with a fine wine, while Manos is the equivalent of hot dogs smothered in Cheez Wiz washed down with cheap scotch.
Walt Freeman
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Badbrains,
I am still awaiting the $55.00.  I have a case of Old Milwaukee and two 25.00 hookers lined up.  How soon can you send?
Walt
Matt
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I seriously considered suicide after first seeing this movie. It's hard to even make fun of, how do you mock twenties minutes of driving?? or hours of making out that never goes anywhere?? I recently came across a copy on dvd at a local Borders and decided I must own it, I've made most of my friends watch it, if you can handle it it's hilarious. There's really not much to say about the film that can't be explained in the fact that torgo is referred to as togar on the back of the case.
Hoosier X
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have seen Manos, the Hands of Fate without the MST3K commentary, and you have no idea how bad it really is until you see it naked. I mean ... Well, ... I don't have words.

This was my standard for awhile. (I love it that somebody mentioned Monster-A-Go-Go, because that was the movie I used as a standard for bad movies ... then I saw Manos.)

Of course, my current standard is Red Zone Cuba. JESUS LORD! Once you discover the works of Coleman Francis, Ed Wood doesn't even look like a bad director any more.

Which doesn't let the guy who did Manos off the hook. He still looks pretty bad, but at least he had a story. It sucked, sure, and it made no sense, but at least he's better than Coleman Francis.

Elphie
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

HE IS WITH US ALWAYS! Yeah,THE classic bad movie. I don't know how I made it through this more than once(probably 'cuz it's the mst3k version)...but what do you expect from a movie called "Hands: The Hands of Fate"?
i <3 crow T. robot
Mick
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2004, 12:04:56 AM »

God, this movie makes that Olsen Twins movie look like Citizen Kane
bongwsl
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I live in el paso the city in which this shlock fest was filmed. it was refered to as "beautiful ground zero." and in the thirty years since then, nothings changed.
Todd Shields
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2004, 11:13:30 AM »

Okay, who dropped the LSD?!
Henry Le Corno
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2004, 01:29:41 AM »

My bro bought me a copy of this dvd at Tower Records  for $7.00. What would I do without him?
PAZ
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Coming from El Paso, where this movie was made in the 60s, I find that this movie is well in a league of its own. I have seen bad movies and really bad movies, and MANOS ranks as the best film I have seen in years. Whether it's the MST3K version or the original I had fun and cried tears of joy finally buying it. If Quentin Tarantino; director of Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill 1&2; says this is one of his favorite movies, then that's good enough for me.
The horror, the horror
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

OK, there are far to many reviews about this subject (I will not use the term "film" or "movie" for a thing like this, in fact I won't even mention the title of this piece of trash 'cos if I would, it would cause a similar effect like mentioning Sauron.
On IMDB there are about 500 reviews on this one. So I won't go into all this "makes Ed Wood look in comparison like Kurosawa" or that all the living descendats of the creator (Spelling out his name would cause a paradox in space-time for it is by reason or logic not possible that such a spirit could ever has existed in our universe.) should be killed outright, because these reviews are all far to optimistic and defending. As a matter of fact I doubt that many of them made the experience for they seemed o come through alive. I for my part scarcely survived and only I used certain filters, such as only watching parts of 2min a time, then resting my senses a year (Thus I only finished watching these days), plus filtering both sound and image.
Still I am convinced words of any language cannot describe anything about it. One has to use the whole thing as an applicative definition for horrors no man experienced before , a new feeling against all that is good and right in the world. Future generations might with scientific and technological advancements be able to at leat withstand it.
If Hell for filmmakers exist the soul, creating this is in the 9th circle: Treachery on the Human Race.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Manos, the Hands of Fate « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.