Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:12:59 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Manos, the Hands of Fate « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Author Topic: Manos, the Hands of Fate  (Read 246062 times)
James Perry
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Like many others I only ever saw the MST3K version.  But first time out I got to where I was paying too much attention to the movie and not Joel & the bots.  It made me physically ill.  Many have said the same thing about Troll 2 and others on this site.  Big kudos to the Best Brain guys and MST3K...the best thing to happen to movies like this.  Manos is definately in the Top 5 of MST3K episodes.  

Love the message above saying that MST3K messed up the movie!  LOL
Todd D.
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2003, 12:00:02 PM »

I dunno, this movie sorta grows on you after awhile.....
Togo
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2003, 08:17:55 PM »

Screw Plan 9! At least that movie had bisexual aliens! THIS is the true worst movie of all time!
Da Hsiung
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is the definition of 'bad movie'. From lights to sound to acting and location, absolutely nothing was done right. I've seen movie with more painful plots and more painful acting but this one is just bad all 'round.
Aelianation
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Manos" ain't the only misused non-English word here-"Torgo" is Greek for "vulture". Make of that what you will; maybe Hal Warren thought he was producing a classic Greek tragedy.
Jeddy
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2003, 02:18:52 PM »

There was one part of this film that I absolutely loved... THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JackJohn
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Dude, I looked this one up online and it's worth LESS new that it is USED!  It's like depriciation adds to it's overall value!  Either way you got jipped!
Scott
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I admit that i've only seen the MST episode showing this movie, but that was enough for me.  As far as i'm concerned, the only good line came when one of Manos's wives said "Man yes; child no" and Tom followed it up with "Cheese, maybe!"
Ryan
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

You, sir, are to be saluted for watching the non-MST version of this film...I know I wouldn't be able to do it, at least not without some serious alcohol in me...the first time I watched the MST episode was with my cousin when I was about 14 or 15...Torgo freaked her out, and over the next few weeks I was constantly getting punched by her for playing with her hair like Torgo did in the film and saying "THe MAstER lIKes yOU"...to this day it still freaks her out. It was years before I saw it again, after having bought the DVD of the MST version. Without Joel and the Bots to help, I imagine that this film could be an implement of torture the Spanish Inquisition only WISHED it could have had...
James
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Did anyone notice the bad editing & continuity errors when Mrs. Useless keeps appearing with head scarf off then on, then off, then on??? Man I laughed my ass off at this stinkburger, made more palatable by MST3K. and I thought "The Creeping Terror" was the worst film I'd ever seen.
Ian
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is soooooooooooooooo bad, I'm surprised Robert Rodriguez hasn't decided to do a remake of it!  Just think - Antonio Banderaz as the Master!  Johnny Depp as Torgo!!  (or would Cheech Marin work better there?)  Quentin Tarantino as Mr Useless!!!

Easily the single greatest MST3K episode!
Didi
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this on MST3K, and I thought the episode was decent as far as humor goes.  But about the movie.. It seems obviously poorly done, as far as the editing, and picture quality, and how everyone is dubbed.  But... I didn't hate the movie.  
Drama Mama
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I must also salute the man (or anyone for that matter) who viewed this movie sans MST3K; if it weren't for MST3K, I wouldn't watch "Manos: Hands of Fate" over and over again.  Anyway, the real reason I am commenting.  I read somewhere that after the movie failed, Torgo, the woman who plays the mother, and the woman who's continually making-out with her guy over a bottle of liquor killed themselves because the movie failed so horribly.  Crazy, but not hard to believe.
Kilraven
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm just sorry that John Reynolds didn't live long enough to see how the character he played (Torgo) became a cult-movie icon. Just think at what kind of reception he'd have gotten at an MST3K convention.
Mike
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

For some reason, the defining moment of the film for me is the moment towards the end where the crew is clearly having trouble getting that dog to bark on cue. The dog just sits there and stares at the camera for several minutes, and finally lets out a grudging "woof". It's almost as though the dog was trying to intentionally sabotage his big scene, hoping maybe he'd get cut out of the film. Unfortunately, he failed to consider that they'd probably use up their editting budget long before then, and thus this gripping scene was presented in it's entirety.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Manos, the Hands of Fate « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.