Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:48:15 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Manos, the Hands of Fate « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: Manos, the Hands of Fate  (Read 246035 times)
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2008, 09:55:21 AM »

I think there are lot of people who misunderstand the surreal masterpiece, that is Manos. After the first view, I despised it.
But then I watched it again. 4 times. Now, I can see clear. It is a movie, that my wretched words cannot describe. I'm not worthy. I saw the genius of it...it was like a shot with diamond bullet, right into my forehead. There is no other movie like this, this is a truly unique experience. It is so depressing, yet it will let you become one with the universe...it will make you feel alone.
Maybe next year, I'll go to a pilgrimage, to El paso.
Now you are probably thinking I'm some kind of Psycho, and you are pretty much right. TeddyR
Alexthegreat
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2008, 08:39:24 PM »

The funny thing about the MST3K episode is that they make the thing enjoyable despite this probably being the worst movie they've ever seen. But the Castle of Fu Manchu was probably better filmed yet was so boring and horrible the MST3K crew couldn't make it enjoyable. I'll never watch that episode again, and I have the MST3K Manos episode on DVD which is neat.
annoymous
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2009, 02:42:51 AM »

Harold P. Warren must of been sniffing that fertilizer while he was making this film. Because some of this seems like a idea by a guy getting high off of something.
avenger the eagle
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2009, 05:53:25 PM »

The cops in this movie are idiotic, they stalk the smoochers and yet seem completely unconcerned with gunshots. They have got to be som e of the most useless cops ever captured on film. But anyway, good review.
randy109
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2009, 04:44:29 PM »

MANOS is the worst movie ever made. NOT Plan 9......Manos.

The world should gauge every bad movie
made by mankind with this standard and no other.

I have this movie, seen 80% of it
and  honestly can't watch the rest. Might be
"talked into it" for a special occasion. Like, at gunpoint.

Even then, i'm not watching the scene with the family
singing "row, row, row, your boat gently down the stream."
It a viscious attack on the dignity of the family unit because it
was included in this movie
and I really think they sung that song at a pitch that
conflicts alpha/beta waves of the human brain.

MANOS should be displayed in the Smithsonian Institution
as the worst movie ever concieved by man.
It's a disgraceful, inept movie stealing all good ideas from movies
made prior to it. To top it all off it was filmed in 16mm!!!

MANOS looked really good years ago on UHF TV
when the reception was poor, like on a rainy day.
At least then it had an excuse to be bad.

Only the few, the priviledged know the truth:
MANOS is the worst......not Plan 9.
D.N. Ayer
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2009, 01:26:56 PM »

I watched-"Manos: The Hands Of Fate"..3 days ago via Utube, This movie is so bad, But yet so good! I loved this movie. Now that "It" has a cult following, this Ultra Low Budget Z Movie Will Live On Forever. I dedicate these comments to Actor John Reynolds (Torgo) R.I.P.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2009, 10:10:48 PM »

manos is bad, but addicting TeddyR

yeah no.
flanderosa
New Visitor

« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2010, 05:19:52 PM »

MANOS is the worst movie ever made. NOT Plan 9......Manos.

Have to agree. There's a fair few people on the site saying that Plan 9 is the worst film ever made. They are all wrong of course. This is most definitely it. Plan 9 is bloody awful, but not in the same league. If Plan 9 is the Citizen Kane of bad movies, then this is The Godfather of bad movies. I watched this over New Year 2010 with a very good friend of mine. We had watched our fair share of s**t on drunken bad movie nights in the past - Troll 2, Shark Attack 3, Grotesque, The Room (a personal favourite  TongueOut), but nothing prepared us for this. It was bad enough watching the MST3K version - I'm really not sure I could sit through the whole unedited version of it i.e. as Hal P Warren intended it. After the extremely long driving sequence at the beginning, I was just like the robots, practically sobbing into my beer (and no, beer does not make this film any more bearable)...

But,

I still keep getting drawn to this pile of crap (the MST3K episode anyway), like moths to lights. Torgo's "Sexy time" has gotta be the most awe-inspiring scene in movie history:

"The Master wants you but he can't have you, I want you!" BounceGiggle

Is there something wrong with me?  Question
John Doe
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2010, 07:50:12 AM »

I heard torgo had very bad joint pain during the movie, so they gave him pain pills so he had no idea what he was doing because he was so high. At the end of the movie he actually O.Ded
So this movie killed him
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2011, 11:04:57 PM »

The crappiness of Manos is so unreal, that there's something about the product that makes it one of mhy favorite train wrecks (another is the Pinto and Vega TeddyR)

yeah no.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2011, 11:22:19 PM »

I love this movie. The Master would approve.  Thumbup

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
klaviaturist
New Visitor

« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2011, 09:21:34 PM »

I was moronic enough to watch this one by myself... with no booze... I was pulling my eyes out with boredom. Having said that, I was glad to have seen this and not the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version. No offense but I can't stand those guys!
torgothegreat
New Visitor

« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2011, 07:03:29 AM »

Watched this about 5 times now, i adore it, my favourite b-movie i have seen thus far (as you can likely tell my my username lol)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2011, 03:18:47 PM »

Astoundingly BAD! Nonsensical! The  slowest, dullest catfight in film history! Didn't anyone notice the clapper in shot?

Cool robe, though.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
CalrissianFoxxSteele
Dedicated Viewer

God

« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2012, 12:06:32 AM »

Rifftrax (Known for having Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, and Kevin Murphy of MST3K) just showed this nationwide in theaters. It was a laugh riot. I actually bought this film on DVD and have the renewed re-release of the dvd of MST3k that features a documentary that someone else made about the Manos. Only 1 actor they could find and talk to throughout the film. Many are dead, the rest are unknown.
The man who played Torgo shot himself shortly after the premiere of the film. Poor guy.

Torgo will always be near and dear to my heart. I saw a preview for the sequel (yes, a sequel) and it looks.......well...quite lame. It's supposed to be more of a comedy but it doesn't look very comical.

“I’m gonna live a rockstar life. Money, b***hes, and fame. Because my mommy said I can do anything I put my mind to.”
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Manos, the Hands of Fate « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.