Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:02:44 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Challenge « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movie Challenge  (Read 2069 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: January 15, 2004, 10:43:42 PM »

Are we simply here to watch movies or are we here to make movies? I say  we are on this great movie journey of ours in order to make better movies. (My own Bush inspired speech : ) My challenge tonight is to see who here at badmovies.org will make a movie first. How long will it take us and who will do it first? We will all  judge if the effort was a worthy one and if it can be considered a movie (first) and if it was entertaining (second). If both these criteria are met then they will be the first badmovie.org person to lay claim to have made a legitimate movie and have their movie officially reviewed by Andrew himself.

(enter applause here) Thank you, you've been a wonderful audience.

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 11:24:13 PM »

We have a couple of bona fide movie makers on here, don't we??  I'd bet they would be first  ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Eirik
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 12:09:17 AM »

Make a movie?  I'll settle for one of us to be a part of making a movie.  I always wanted to do extra work, but apparently it's really hard if you have a job because you have to be so available.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 12:48:44 AM »

I always told myself that if I won the lottery or came upon a tremendous sum of money somehow that I would indeed make a film.

I have no idea what it would be about or how much I would set for its budget but I guarantee you that I would make one!
Craig Welter
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 12:53:08 AM »

Okay, I win.  I made The Curse of Count Chocula, which has already been reviewed here.  I'm working on another one.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 09:50:38 AM »

As Asththecat said, it has also been my dream to come into a huge amount of money (lottery, etc) and to make my own film.  Just take about a million of it and finally turn one of my numerous screenplays into it's own living creature.

I really need to win the lottery.........

Anyway since I still have a good portion of my life left, there is a good chance that I'll try and make a film someday.  My only problem is funding.  I live in a fairly rural area on the coast of NC, and I can't even begin to fathom how I would go about trying to get funding.

I do know of a grant that a college here in NC will give anyone interested in making a film.  The grant is for 5,000 and although a nice amount of bank; 5,000 doesn't make a film.

Oh well.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 10:51:45 AM »

Skaboi wrote:

>
> I do know of a grant that a college here in NC will give anyone
> interested in making a film.  The grant is for 5,000 and
> although a nice amount of bank; 5,000 doesn't make a film.
>

Hey, $5,000 is about 1/6 of the way to the budget of Blair Witch.   :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 01:40:09 PM »

Craig:

I am one of the lucky owners of THE CURSE OF COUNT CHOCULA on DVD.

You should make a sequel.  You can save a lot of money vy using the old B-movie trick of filming about 15 minutes of new footage, and then inserting a lot of the same footage from the first movie as "flashbacks."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004, 11:25:57 PM »

Craig Welter I remember someone on the site making a film and talking about it a long while ago. I guess you do win that one. What was it about?

Ok, Lets up the challenge. How bout the first badmovie.org person to have a film make it to DVD or Theater and make a profit?

Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 11:50:31 PM »

Does it have to be good, or just turn a profit?  Cause if it's just the latter, I'm going to start work on "Independence Day 2:  ARBOR DAY" as soon as possible...

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Craig Welter
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2004, 12:30:02 AM »

Hey, thanks Burgomaster.  I'm really glad you liked it.  I'd definitely like to make a sequel to it.  I've thought about a lot of ideas for it, in fact.  Actually, I'd like to make it a trilogy, because for some reason I think everything should be a trilogy.  Maybe a sequel and a prequel.  I don't know.

At any rate, whenever I think about making a sequel I always come up with the same problem.  The sequel would have to have the zombies in it, because they were pretty much everyone's favorite characters.  But I doubt I'll be able to talk those people into playing zombies again.  It turns out that having liquid latex on your face all day is actually pretty horrible, and nobody wants to go through it again.

But that's why your idea is so brilliant!  I can re-use the zombie footage from the first movie, and just change the subtitles!  I have to have them in the same places and doing the same things, but they can be saying something completely different.  It's perfect.  With that strategy, I can pump out sequels in no time.
dean
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2004, 12:05:25 PM »

Though this wouldn't apply to me, I live to far out of the way, but those of you interested in winning this competition should band together.

That way everyone can be winners!!  Sappy sunset ending inserted here...

But just imagine if everyone here got that $5000 grant each and combined it!  

pretty sneaky eh?  Get everyone you know to get a grant and watch the money roll in, then film the fact you scammed the grant givers, and make it into a reality show to boost profits from the subsequent court case you'd get for the aforementioned scam.

That way you'd all become cult heroes to those who watch the show, [which of course would be many, because for some reason people love those shows] and therefore your movie would be guarenteed a packed out crowd opening weekend, before everyone slowly fading into the ex-celebrity category and back to working at the local supermarket.

Wow, what an overly complicated plan.
Scott

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2004, 03:25:33 PM »

I see your not callled Dean for nothing. "It's just crazy enough to work"  : ) I always wanted to use that line.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Challenge « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.