Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:31:03 PM
714314 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dragon Storm on SciFi « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Dragon Storm on SciFi  (Read 6750 times)
pat hinkle
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2004, 12:04:47 AM »

ok, not Brad Pitt, but who is the actor that protrays Silas , the hunter?
Please tell!!
MRIDE2
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2004, 12:51:08 AM »

Angel Boris is hot! Here are some pics I found of her.

Not trying to turn this into a T&A board, but this could'nt be passed up.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2004, 03:44:58 PM »

I didn't get to see it on its first showing on the Sci Fi Channel, but, I did get to see it, when it was repeated on the Sci Fi Channel.

To be fair to it, it probably needs to be compared to other made-for-television films, especially those which appear on the Sci Fi Channel as Sci Fi Originals. But, not having seen many of those, I can only compare it to what I know.

What I didn't like about the film.

The writing. Even compared to the lower standards of a made-for-television movie, I found it terrible. Some of the worst I have ever heard.

The acting. Even the dependable John Rhys-Davies (catch him as the narrator of the animated "Dave the Barbarian" on the Disney Channel), I thought was terrible. His worst performance, or, at least, the worst performance I've seen him do.

The dubbing. Which was atrocious. Too obviously, for some of the actors, English was not their first language.

The unnecessary scenes. The only thing the scene with the teenagers added to the film was the final body count.

What I did like about the film.

The cinematography was surprisingly good.

As was the music.

And the special effects were not bad.

What was maddening about the film.

For all that was somewhat realistic . . .

There really was a coin called a pfennig.

There really was an area of Europe called Carpathia.

There really was a weapon called the ballista. And it looked much like the one in the film.

Gunpowder really was used to cauterize a wound.

And some people do bleed internally, when shot in the throat.

But, on the other hand . . .

How they could think they could get away with passing off an abandoned cathedral as a castle is beyond me.

A couple of cliches.

The badly wounded man who tries to get somewhere, only to die, when he gets there. If he was that badly wounded, he would be unlikely to get there, and if he got there, he'd be unlikely to die the moment he got there.

The underling is often a better man then the boss.

Final thought

As long as the actors kept their mouths shut and were fighting the dragons, it was a fairly exciting film. But, once the actors had to recite any of the dialogue or stopped fighting the dragons, the film often went downhill.

JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2004, 08:12:41 PM »

>ok, not Brad Pitt, but who is the actor that protrays Silas , the hunter?

Maxwell Caulfield. You might know him as the English guy lusting after Michelle Pfeiffer in Grease II.

MRIDE2, nice pics. :)

Post Edited (01-31-04 19:13)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2004, 11:07:45 PM »

I was really commenting on the fact that a piece of crap like this.  UFO films makes most  of  these things for SciFi at their studio in Bulgaria.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Danielle
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2004, 10:56:18 PM »

Actually, they show another meteor in the sky, but why one? They beat 5!
Danielle
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2004, 10:59:37 PM »

Not really. I have several books of Dragons of Pern. If they made a movie bet it would beat RoF. :)
Danielle
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2004, 11:11:41 PM »

hey. Pern would make a great movie. They'd probably make good money. It's a pretty popular book and there are different stories. They could make a whole movie series like Harry Potter.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dragon Storm on SciFi « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.