Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:34:51 AM
714147 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Waxwork « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Waxwork  (Read 2166 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: January 17, 2004, 11:06:58 AM »

Had the chance to watch this one lately and I was surprised to learn that I had never seen it before (had seen the second and mixed the two up).  It moved along much like one would expect, with numerous people disappearing, two kids knowing the truth, and a hard-bitten cop threatening to kick their butts for lying about the wax museum.  Not great, but I was not bored.  However, then the evil gets loose and a horde of couragous citizens shows up, led by the butler and the professor in his battlewagon wheelchair.   Wow, plain wow.

Also, does anyone think that Billy is going to have an interesting time learning his new girlfriend's kinks?  I mean, this is the girl who was trapped in the Marquis  De Sade dimension and she did not seem all that out of place.

Lesson learned:
Dracula was an expert with mortar and grout.
A bazooka and satchel charges should be standard equipment for any Egyptologist.
"It's Alive" is a classic horror movie.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 12:04:53 PM »

I have only caught this flick on Sci-Fi.  Have yet to see it without editing.  Overall it was an enteraining flick.  Classic monsters, an S&M chick and the guy from Gremlins.  

How could you go wrong?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2004, 12:52:57 PM »

I'm a fan of both waxwork and waxwork 2 and was happy to finally get it on dvd even though there are no extras to be found
JohnL

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 05:45:28 PM »

>Also, does anyone think that Billy is going to have an interesting time learning
>his new girlfriend's kinks? I mean, this is the girl who was trapped in the Marquis
>De Sade dimension and she did not seem all that out of place.

It's the repressed ones you have to watch out for! :)

As for the film, Waxwork is one of my major disappointments. When the movie first came out, Robert Englund's World of Horror showed the vampire scene (the dinner and her being bitten on the stairs) and the Marquis De Sade scene. I thought it looked like a great horror movie. Then I actually saw it and discovered that those were about the only good scenes in the entire movie. Everything else was either cheesy or stupid comedy. The scene with the girl running around the butcher's block with the guy strapped to it has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in a movie.

Don't get me wrong, I like stupid comedies, but not in the middle of a horror movie. Anthony Hickox doesn't have a clue how to inject comedy into an otherwise serious movie. He's not even all that good at outright comedy.
Bonehead XL
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 07:10:39 PM »

I've always liked the Waxwork films for some ungodly reason. I enjoy the first, even though the second is almost complete trash. Still, there pretty entertaining if you want something you don't have to pay to much attenion to.
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 08:26:40 PM »

Welcome back Andrew They are going to release a third one this year
Pepak
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2004, 03:35:59 PM »

I liked it a lot, it was much better than I expected. Among other things it is one of the visually more appealing horror movies, with enough light to actually see what's happening. Sure, the werewolf looked funny, but I like funny so I don't mind.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2004, 03:45:31 PM »

i always thought this one was a big stinker, and not a good one at that. it's your typical formulated slasher flick except it takes place in a wax museum. that one scene though where the rats are eating that dude's leg always got to me.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Waxwork « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.