Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:15:20 AM
714147 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Second Bananas: Who's yer favorite? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Second Bananas: Who's yer favorite?  (Read 3046 times)
Flangepart
« on: August 18, 2001, 12:09:17 PM »

I was watcing some old Earthworm Jim tapes recently, and i realised, just how hard it is, to be a good Second Banana. I liked Eworm Jims pal, Peter Puppy, if for no other  reason,.....he quoted Frank Herbert when in peril! "I must not fear,fear is the mind killer, fear is the little death..." you know the rest. How many cartoon sidekicks did that,huh? So, on that scale....who's you picks of the sidekicks? Gabriel? Short Round? Dr. McCoy? Capt. Piet?(Evil sidekicks count, too)......Spike the V-pire? Give it some thought. .< Earth worm Jim: Time for plan B!...Peter Puppy: Flee like extras in a Godzilla movie?...Earthworm Jim: You got it lil buddy!. >And on that note....
peter johnson
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2001, 12:41:42 PM »

Fred -- "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred" -- a lion who was Superchicken's sidekick.
Gabby Hayes
Chumly the Walrus who was Tenessee Tuxedo's(Voice by Don"Get Smart" Adams) sidekick.
Ross Martin on the Wild Wild West!!!  Forget Robert Conrad -- all the kids I knew wanted to be Ross Martin!  Gadgets!  Disguises!!  Movie cameras in 1868!!!
Lou Costello
Huntz Hall
Steve.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2001, 03:40:47 PM »

Hows about Cornfed (2nd b to Duckman).
Penfold to Danger Mouse.
Poindexter to Felix.
AndyC
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2001, 07:54:23 PM »

Arte Johnson as Renfield in 'Love at First Bite.'
peter johnson
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2001, 06:23:18 PM »

Oh, I forgot Ape, George of the Jungle's sidekick -- John Cleese did an admirable job with the live-action role in the Brendan Frazier George, but the original cartoon was more of a George Sanders or Ronald Coleman character.
Arte Johnson did make an outstanding Renfield!!
Ringneck
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2001, 01:26:30 AM »

List,

Short Round from "The Steel Helmet" (if there is another "Short Round" out there I dont know anyother but that little Korean kid in the aforementioned flick), but my all time favorite was Tuco/Eli Wallach from "Good...Bad...Ugly..."

BradLaGrange
Chris
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2001, 07:21:20 PM »

Short Round in Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom.
Stefan Robak
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2001, 10:09:24 PM »

So many.  (Keep in mind I'm an anime fan so I'll stick anime references in there):
Cosgrove from Freakazoid: He was straight laced, gruff and yet loved all the weird hobby's Freakazoid loved.  Great dialogue after a villain was defeated and he explains how he did it: "Wait a minute.  On thing still bothers me.  In the movie Congo, how do you tell the difference between the real apes and the guys in the Ape suits?"

Gourry from Slayers: This guy fights well but I don't think he has any idea what's going on around him.
Number 2 from Austin Powers: Lots people would have said Mini-Me but it takes a certain kind of villain to tolerate a boss like Dr. Evil.

Gene Wilder's character from Blazing Saddles: One of Gene Wilder's few good movies.

Meryl Stryfe and Milly Thompson from Trigun: They're just two great characters.  How can you have two second bananas anyway?  Is that possible?

Alfred from Batman: the animated series: as butler's go he's probably my favourite.
N. E. Moses
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2001, 04:03:28 PM »

I got one that will make you say "Oh s**t!  I remember that!"  The dog Brain from the Inspector Gadget cartoon.  This dog did everything; he  was in disguise and always got Gadget's mindless ass out of the fire countless time and he always saves the day.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Second Bananas: Who's yer favorite? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.