Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:41:36 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Drgn Strm Joe Dirt Hair..TIN CROWN « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Drgn Strm Joe Dirt Hair..TIN CROWN  (Read 1568 times)
S
« on: January 25, 2004, 06:31:53 PM »

What can I say about Dragon storm
I thought the dragons where better than previous Sci fi films.

Writing was great on this one I thought.  All that Joe Cambel stuff is neccesary but we need to believe it and care a little more.  How can we when the heroe has Joe dirt hair?.
A KING with a tinfoil crown is not okay no matter how LOW the budget.  This isn't a puppet show for GOD sake.  It's on a network.
A heroe with Joe Dirt hair and plastic fruit on the Kings table????  How about NO fruit !!!!

Dragon shot quills!!!!!  Establish them flying out of the dragon better.
I like the quill/claw flying into the tree.  Do that early.   I just remember them finding a puddle of claws and had no way of knowing the dragon was shooting them out. (they looked like claws)   Need to see quills not claws and I need to see that  happen or something EARLY EARLY EARLY.  ESTABLISH IT.  IT"S IMPORTANT to know the dragon or bad guy has QUILLS!  This decision  to sort of half ass do claws effectively neutered what could have been more interesting  tension from our dragon mennace and really drug down a decent performance from that King with puppet show crown.
  If you don't have money you do need to let the artist do there thing I guess.   I have been on prjects where things like that fall through the cracks and you can't catch everything.
    You sci fi folks are in the low budget film world.  Maybe you could have someone  make sure  hair, crowns, quills are all good.   You might bring the writer or someone who is an artist type to  help you or pick up a book so you understand what can be sluffed vs what will ruin the movie.  It might be a form of sabotauge to ensure the film stays in the low budget realm.  If this is the case for some political reason then so be it.  
Decent acting in this and again not bad on the dragons ...

S
I luv dolma
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 08:34:24 PM »

I also noticed the crown that they had gotten from a birthday pary from Burger King. And the budget was only one million. I had no mercy for this one, I stopped watching like 20 minutes into the film.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 10:59:26 PM »

I tried watching it as well, but gave up after a short period.  It was a bit long on the talking side and the commercials were coming fast and furious.  Of course, the latter point is a common problem with SciFi lately.  I just seem to hate commercials.

Have to give it a try after the unloved child arrives on DVD.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JohnL

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 09:28:02 AM »

I kind of liked it. The acting on the part of the alchemist and some of the others was pretty cheesy, but I thought several of the actors did a decent job with what they were given. The effects never looked too much like CGI, with the exception of the scene where the huntsman gets hit in the back with one of the quills. They should have just cut to him falling with it already in his back. At least they didn't have CGI shots of castles pasted onto the landscape. I thought the dragon effects were pretty good, even if they weren't on the same scale as RoF.

Of course it did have its share of cliches, like how one character always has to turn out to be a traitor, the last dragon rock/egg falling at the end etc. At least it wasn't quite as stupid as most of UFO's films.
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 12:53:30 PM »

Oh, boy...
I with Andrew. I lost it with the weasley King ( Jonh Ryes-davies makeinf a car payment ). That, and flamethrowing from outside the frame, to avoid showing actual dragon work. And where were all the explosions?...i mean, what else could make all those peasents fly through the air?
Anyone else have a Q flashback while the Alchemist was defineing the dragon weponry to Bond...I mean, joe dirt et al?
That, of 50's science guy defineing Godzilla......

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
FearlessFreep
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 01:05:15 PM »

At least it wasn't quite as stupid as most of UFO's films[/i[

Damming with faint praise, indeed

Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Drgn Strm Joe Dirt Hair..TIN CROWN « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.