Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:01:15 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stuff I watched this weekend « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stuff I watched this weekend  (Read 2882 times)
Will
« on: August 20, 2001, 04:46:33 PM »

Finally had a weekend to veg out after months of bulls**t work....

Tombs of the Blind Dead....Very well shot (great Anchor Bay letterboxed print), subtitled, funny, blood, boobs, beasts.  3 slimes, lotsa fun.

The Haunting (original)....I've had this for months and finally watched it.  Excellent!  It's amazing how much Robert Wise does without showing anything.  Creepy atmosphere, cool camera work.  Four slimes.

The Haunting (remake)....I knew it would be bad, but jesus christ, I didn't expect this.  About 5 seconds of Owen Wilson being funny is this piece of s**t's only worthwhile moment.  When I see the kind of budget spent on stuff like this, I wonder why we can't just nix big-budget remakes of good movies and send that money to the homeless. 1/2 slime for Owen.

Deep Blue Sea....I didn't pick this one.  I almost strangled my friend for making me watch it.  Point 1: script sucks.  Point 2: I like bloody movies, but none of this CGI s**t.  Gore should be gooey, not computer graphic stylish.  Skull.  I can't even enjoy it for the irony of it being so bad.

the upside of this up and down weekend is that I found a copy of Andy Milligan's The Ghastly Ones, for which I've been looking for years.  Happy day!  I think I'll get a chance to watch it tomorrow....
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2001, 04:57:16 PM »

The Gift: This broke one Hollywood's biggest rules: Any movie with Keanu Reeves sucks. This a great one. Good script, good acting (even by Keanu!), and good ending. Check it out. 4 slimes.

Unbreakable: Hey, I liked Sixth Sense. And this was a good followup. It's a bit slow at some place (ok. reeeally slow) but it's still ok. I saw the ending coming.
3 1/2 slimes.

Valentine: **begins to laugh** Good god! I was expecting it to suck, but jeez. This would make Ed Wood shake his head. Only good part of it? Seeing Denis Richards in a skimpy bikini, but you also have to endure her acting. Skull.
Chris
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2001, 07:01:52 PM »

I agreed  with Author I too saw the movies The Haunting and Deep Blue Sea I was fooled  by the comercials for the movies. It made it made the movies look good to see. I wish I could sue the people who made them. I agreed on The Gift  that movie stunk and  why is Sam Raimi doing bad saping movies  like The Quick and The Dead and etc. for Hollywood than doing movies like Darkman and The Evil Dead again.
Chris
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2001, 07:06:54 PM »

I also forgot what a bad remake The House On Haunted Hill was I wish I had my money back from going to it.
Chris
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2001, 07:39:52 PM »

I agreed  with Will I too saw the movies The Haunting and Deep Blue Sea I was fooled  by the comercials for the movies. It made it made the movies look good to see. I wish I could sue the people who made them. I agreed on The Gift  that movie stunk and  why is Sam Raimi doing bad saping movies  like The Quick and The Dead and etc. for Hollywood than doing movies like Darkman and The Evil Dead again.
Scott
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2001, 09:53:05 PM »

I loved TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD. This is one of my favorite films.The train scene at the end, the slow motion knights, the flash back of torture, the two women, etc. Just a very good film in my point of view. Hopefully I will own a DVD copy when ever I get a DVD player to play it on.
Raffles
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2001, 10:03:01 PM »

That was a great movie.  I liked part 2. I think it was part 4 on the coastal town that I couldn't really get into.  On another note, today I watched Centipede Horror, which was prime Hong Kong 70's horror but really bad subtitles.  Still great.  Also saw The Living Dead Girl.  I'm way into Jean Rollin this was not my favorite but of similar quality to Caged Virgins etc. Rollin's way better than Jess Franco.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stuff I watched this weekend « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.