Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:27:24 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Weird Urges « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: OT: Weird Urges  (Read 9781 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: January 27, 2004, 05:06:40 AM »

Ok...to anyone who read the title of this thread and thought perverse thoughts....get your mind outta the gutter!

I'm talking about weird urges that people sometimes have that they simply cannot explain.

I like to look onto the underbelly of what makes us all tick and why we think and do the things we do...so here I sit writing this bizarre thread.
I know that at least a few of you have weird similar urges....hopefully you'll admit to them.

Case in point....Me and things made of glass.

Anytime I hold anything made of glass in my right hand only, not my left hand...if it were done in my left hand I would not have the same satisfaction for some odd reason.
I have this weird urge to squeeze it with my fingers and shatter it to pieces.  
I cannot explain why...I just do.

Being a rational human being who knows that I'll get cut if I do, I still have the urge.
My urge is primarily with light bulbs of any shape and size.
I always hold them in my right hand...never my left and look closely at them.
I almost always hold them up to another light source first and examine the tungsten filament to make sure it's intact.
After that I have this almost overwhelming urge to squeeze it until it explodes!
Sometimes I do exert a bit of pressure upon it but I always hold myself back just enough not to break it.

An example:  
I was at my sister's house last month (December 2003) and while she and her boyfriend were watching Punk'd on MTV, I was in the next room to their right examining all of the ornaments on her Christmas tree.
I took one from it's branches...it was a small house.
It had that crusty, glittery white stuff on it's roof to resemble snow.
I held this ornament in my right hand looking at it closely turning it from side to side, and then I scratched the fingernail of my index finger on it's surface to get a better feel of it's texture.
My nail examination led me to believe that it was made of tin.
I even prodded it a bit with my right thumb thinking that it would make that "kunka kunka" sound that a soda can makes when you push the side in and then it pops back out.

I added more pressure with my right hand and then...BAM!!!!
The whole goddam thing exploded in my hand and face!.

My sister and her boyfriend Chad who were to my left sitting in the living room jumped and immediately looked at me.

It turned out that the ornament was made of fine glass!.
A piece of it flew and embedded itself above my left eyebrow and the other pieces set themselves into my hand.
My thumb in particular did not stop bleeding for almost 5-10 minutes!
I left a few droplets of bood on her carpet for that.

Tonight, I had that same urge as I was changing a lightbulb in my kitchen.
I withdrew a fresh bulb from its package, held it up to the light in my living room to examine the filament and when I got back to the kitchen to put it in its place, I squeezed it just hard enough to not break it.

WTF is up with that!?

I also have this weird urge when I look at my aquarium.
It's a 10 gallon tank and for some odd reason I have this urge to tip...no not to  tip....more precisely to fling the whole thing with all my might over onto its side and watch it shatter into a million pieces!  (think Duece Bigelow)
Why?  
I don't know.
I picture my floor with water all over it and my fish lying on the floor physically gasping for water, their mouths agape and their fins sucking in & out.
Of course I would never do that but it's damn weird if you ask me!

Maybe I'm just strange but I'm willing to bet that many of you have other "weird urges" that nobody else knows about.
Hehe!
Your "urge" doesn't have to be similar to mine...as long as it's something strange that you think your weird for but most likely someone else has thought the same.

Care to share them with us?

Post Edited (09-04-05 09:47)
Eirik
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 06:48:22 AM »

I'm developing a weird urge to quit reading your posts...

just kidding.

Whenever I see a wet paint sign I touch the paint to see if it is really wet.  I can't help it.  My 30+ years of experience doing this has shown me that about 75% of the time it is dry, 20% of the time it is tacky, and 5% of the time it is actually wet.  This last category seems to correlate perfectly with the 5% of the time I see a wet paint sign and am dressed in nice clothes or have to shake someone's hand a few seconds later.
Neville

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 07:24:41 AM »

I am an order freak. Really, sometimes I think Monicca from friends was modelled after me. I have a set of drawers by my TV, and when I'm watching TV if I notice one of them is just a bit open and the rest closed, I can't just take it out of my mind. I can't watch TV, my mind is busy with that until I have to leave the couch and close it.

A few days ago my sis was on a visit and she had been looking at my DVDs. Later, she talked to me about "Princess Mononoke". I stood up and looked for it but couldn't find it. "I can't find it", I said. She answered "It's on top, you see". My response was "Impossible, they are in alphabetical order". "You must be kidding.", she said, and I didn't have to answer. It would made sense if I had a huge DVD collection, but it is just a dozen titles. LOL we all should visit a shrink, don't you think?

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 08:22:15 AM »

Neville wrote:

> I am an order freak. Really, sometimes I think Monicca from
> friends was modelled after me. I have a set of drawers by my
> TV, and when I'm watching TV if I notice one of them is just a
> bit open and the rest closed, I can't just take it out of my
> mind. I can't watch TV, my mind is busy with that until I have
> to leave the couch and close it.
>
> LOL we all should visit a shrink, don't you
> think?
>

No doubt! I can totally sympathize. I wanted to organize by director, but the wife wouldn't have it. Alphabetical order must suffice. I am even worse in the order department because whenever I put a CD into a jewel case it must be straight. If it isn't straight, it gets under my skin. My roommate in grad school used to toy with me all the time by saying "you sure your CD's are straight?" at which point I'd have to rumage through almost every case until I found the 1 or 2 that he made crooked. So cruel.

I'm sure there are shrinks out there that can turn down our obsession with perfection. Alphabetical in the phonebook, no doubt.

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 10:11:58 AM »

When I was Christmas shopping this year, I found myself momentarily entertaining the concept of getting my mom a CD of GG Allin & the Murder Junkies. I quickly realized that this was a horrible, horrible idea, and I have no idea where it came from.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
TheFeen
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 11:07:17 AM »

I work in the pet food department of a supermarket and when a customer asks me a non petfood related question  i usually have to fight the urge to throw Frolic Complete in their face and say 'Ask me about petfoods a***ole!' Maybe im just an angry person.

'Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?'
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 01:41:30 PM »

I thought I was the only weirdo here with strange urges. ; )

I always seem to have the urge to collect clear figures. Sometimes I'll even buy something stupid like a glass globe because it was clear.

I also seem to have the strange urge to keep coming back here to post on this forum. : P
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 01:48:26 PM »

Similarly, I cannot stand a drawer or a door that is partly open (or closed)-all the way one way or another.  This is an obsession.  Since I actually get up to 'fix' it, it is a compulsion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 02:35:48 PM »

I share the obsession about partially closed drawers and cupboards and stuff.  Freaks me out.  Also, since I work at a record store, it's part of my job to just kinda generally straighten up the place.  Now, if I'm off duty and in there shopping, or even if I'm at Target or someplace, if a CD or a DVD is crooked or out of place, I'll fix it without even realizing I've done it until my girlfriend or whoever I'm with starts laughing at me and says "You did it again."

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2004, 03:36:14 PM »

Brotha Ragnarok, your urges are definitely good ones to have. Mine on the other hand are kind of a bit of a problem.
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 04:04:09 PM »

Okay, ASH.  Um.  I'm sorry dude, but I've been reading your posts for quite some time and I think you're going insane.

So, y'know. Get your sanity gland checked out.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2004, 08:01:57 PM »

I have a lot of various OCD things going on....most people have them to some degree.  I'm probably at the borderline of how much you can have them and still not have any problems functioning normally.  

I tend to count and think about various numbers and repeat them to myself whenever I'm stressed or anxious.  That's probably the most common one I have.  I wish I could be a compulsive cleaner, at least that would be useful.
Susan
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 08:15:11 PM »

I touch all clothing in stores as I pass by. I have an obsessive compulsive need to feel material in my immediate surroundings. :)  I think I coulda been an ocd person, years ago I had this thing where whenever i heard a song i hated, i mean HATED, i would hold my breath until I shut it off..as if somehow breathing while it was on would kill me..lol. I've recovered since then

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2004, 08:21:07 PM »

I think I might buy a whole case of light bulbs, a good pair of gloves that glass cannot penetrate, protective eye glasses and just go nuts!
I could squeeze to my heart's content.

Off to my side the broom and dustpan would be patiently waiting.

Post Edited (01-27-04 19:29)
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2004, 08:26:36 PM »

Creepy.  You should film it and put a Goldsmith score on it, and you could make millions on the art-house circuit.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Weird Urges « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.