Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:36:53 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Matt, what makes you so evil? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Matt, what makes you so evil?  (Read 5509 times)
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2004, 12:27:07 PM »

You may (or may not) have noticed my refusal to answer my brother's post.  There is a very simple reason for this.

It is beneath me.  

And, yes - we do have an interesting family life.  So nya. :-P

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2004, 04:43:16 AM »

Grumpy Guy wrote:

> You may (or may not) have noticed my refusal to answer my
> brother's post.  There is a very simple reason for this.
>
> It is beneath me.

That's it?  Four days of thought and that's the best you can do?  I'm stunned.  Absolutely flabbergasted.  Not even a grumpily snide remark!

What's wrong with you?  You used to be better than that.  A worthy adversary.  (Pity I never was...)

And now look at you.  A witless stripling with tiny feet.  Oh how the might have fallen.  It's a crying shame.

"It is beneath me."  Apparently contractions are beneath you, too.  I expect you to start writing in the royal "we" now.  It’s ad enough you do it in regular conversation.

I mean, really.

Oh well.  I probably should look on the bright side.  At least you have a sense of humor.

I hope.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2004, 09:51:15 AM »

Dean, nah man that's not the basis for my screename.

Actually comes from music.  Ska is kind of like punk with the horn section of a high school band thrown in.  Oi is also a variation on punk.  

Check out  Skarmy Of Darkness for some fun Ska and Dropkick Murphys for some great Oi.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2004, 03:33:13 PM »

Skaboi wrote:

> Dean, nah man that's not the basis for my screename.
>
> Actually comes from music.  Ska is kind of like punk with the
> horn section of a high school band thrown in.  Oi is also a
> variation on punk.  
>
> Check out  Skarmy Of Darkness for some fun Ska and Dropkick
> Murphys for some great Oi.
>

I picked up on the "ska" part, but the Oi  bit escaped me, I'm an ass. The only downside to being a Dropkick Murphys fan is that when you wear one of their t-shirts, people read it and ask where Dropkick Murphys is, they always think it's a bar. Also, if you wear one to OzzFest, you have to resist to urge to punch the smarmy, 14 year old goth chick who says they suck as you're coming out of the p**ser. 'Course, maybe I'm too sensitive. "The Torch" makes me a bit misty(stop laughing).

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2004, 03:46:35 PM »

Deej,

Right on man.  I've had the same problem with a Dropkick Murphys shirt I had a few years back.

As for the Ozzfest, people don't realize that you can listen to anything.  People are always like:

"I'm so f**king punk"

"I'm so f**king metal"

Shut up.  I don't listen to only punk, ska and the like.

I listen to everything.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2004, 04:44:28 PM »

Skaboi wrote:

> As for the Ozzfest, people don't realize that you can listen to
> anything.  People are always like:
>
> "I'm so f**king punk"
>
> "I'm so f**king metal"
>
> Shut up.  I don't listen to only punk, ska and the like.
>
> I listen to everything.
>

On the flip side, I met a guy in the pit who was into the Murphys, and wound up hearing his life story over several beers. Most people are cool if given a chance, then there are those who put on that cynical, jaded, seen-it-all schtick. Which is fine, but doesn't work well if you're a 14 year old kid.

I was working dog watch the other night and took my meal break at a local Denny's, and there were a bunch of the "I'm so f**king punk" types  sitting at a nearby table (in the smoking section, of course). They wore the same punk uniform I wore, except I never had the stones to go with a pink mohawk. Oklahoma City is still a pretty hard town to be "different" in, so I gotta say...I sort of admire them. I remember the crap I caught for having blue hair(I'm a rebel) and I almost got my ass kicked several times as a teen for wearing an anti-swasi shirt. Okay, so, this whole paragraph basically has no point.....just indulging in my need to ramble. sorry.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2004, 06:02:04 PM »

Ozzfest has kinda gone into the crapper the last few years anyway.  They're getting better, letting bands like Shadowsfall and Cradle of Filth play, but c'mon.  They had Crazy Town last year.  True, they got booed off the stage, and deservedly so, but Sharon lost the plot years ago.  Someone needs to wall her up in a brick basement and let Ozzy have some dignity in the last few years of his life.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2004, 06:02:17 PM »

Don't you just hate those snot nosed little Goth bastards. They hate the world and act like they know it all.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2004, 06:08:23 PM »

Brother Ragnarok wrote:

> Ozzfest has kinda gone into the crapper the last few years
> anyway.  >
> Brother R
>

I went in 2001(I think) in Atlanta(positive about that). The main stage line-up included Linkin Park and Manson, neither of which I really care for, but Ozzy was playing with Sabbath and put on a fantastic show. This was the first big show I'd been to since Monsters of Rock in '85...Warlocks rule!! So, I was just happy to be out in the open air instead of squeezed into a s**tty punk venue. I just lost track of cool sometime around 1994, so I didn't and don't really recognize any of the newer bands. Weeping Christ...it's hard to be lame!

DJ
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2004, 06:17:08 PM »

Velvet Brotha wrote:

> Don't you just hate those snot nosed little Goth bastards. They
> hate the world and act like they know it all.

Being an adult, it kinda annoys me, but I guess we all need our pose. I had mine and I'm sure everyone had theirs, as a teen. But, "world weary" just doesn't work when you're a teen aged, upper-middle class twat, from Terrace Hills and you live with your parents.

DJ
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2004, 06:30:21 PM »

Oh, how I would like to hang them all with their fishnet stockings.  But it's such a double-edged sword, because some of the chicks look so good in that stuff.  Too bad they're a bunch of whiny pricks who think Sisters of Mercy are the pinnacle of musical evolution.  

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2004, 06:41:57 PM »

> Too bad they're a bunch of whiny pricks who think Sisters of Mercy are the pinnacle of musical evolution.

Whatever.... they're just a bunch of spoiled, whiney losers.

I wouldn't mind grinding the hell outta one of those little goth chicks though. I'd teach them a good lesson. "Squeal like a pig!!!"
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2004, 07:07:56 PM »

Actually, Dropkick Murphy's was originally the name of a detox center in Acton, MA, where my parents grew up. They've waxed nostalgic about it many times... ;)

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2004, 09:05:37 AM »

Yeah, I had a similar experience with an Anti-Nazi shirt I used to wear back in high school.  It said something along the lines of

"Help Keep Your Neighborhood Clean"

and had one of those generic street sign stick people throwing a swastika into a trash can.  I think I bought it from Asian Man Records (Mike Park's label.)  One of the "Nazis" in the school gave me s**t about it.  Didn't matter anyway.  He just seemed to be a poser, did whatever he thought everyone would think was cool.

The same guy now has blonde hair and thinks he's Eminem.  Little bit of a turn around eh?

Suprisingly though that shirt got more attention from the students than did my "Nazi Punks f**k Off" shirt.  But that one did get more attention from the teachers.  

Guess not everyone has a taste for The Dead Kennedys

dean
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2004, 11:45:44 PM »

Who's seen the South Park episode that gives s**t to Goth's?  It's pretty funny.

I don't mind them.  There's a group of them who sit outside the main station in the city and look scary [one even carries a doll with partial hair and a knife through it]

I couldn't imagine life without them!!  It's so fun seeing them scare the crap out of old people going on a day trip into the city from the suburbs.

I mean, they aren't that scary if you talk to them.  Me and some friends bummed a light off them once, the one who gave us his zippo had a british accent.  That could never be scary!  They all seemed fine.

Though the ones who act all depressed are annoying as all f**k.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Matt, what makes you so evil? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.