Main Menu

Once Upon A Time In Mexico (2003)

Started by Scott, January 27, 2004, 05:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO (2003)- The movie is good all the way through, but found it hard to get into it until Johnny Depp had his eyes removed by a drug cartel. The movie has great action and humor. Besides Depp you have Antonio Banderas, Cheech Marin, Selma Hyatt and a couple other notables. Watched the end a second time. This of course is the third of the EL MARIACHI films. The story is lacking and again its not the type of film you can really get into. I suppose you would want to watch this film for the Action, Mexico setting, and Johnny Depp.

gecko brothers

Scott

Yep, thats about the size of it. At least it's entertaining.

The Burgomaster

I don't know.  As I watched the DVD a few days ago, I kept asking myself, "How many times is Robert Rodriguez going to make the same movie?"  The Mariachi drifting into town, shooting up the bad guys, and occasionally strumming his guitar is getting pretty tiresome.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

Neville

I enjoyed it. I mean, you can't take anything on it seriously, but Depp is great and some of the humour is definitely bizarre (Blind Depp's standoff against several thugs, for instance, or Micvkey Rourke asking the FBI to protect his Chiuaua). Much better than "Desperado" if you ask me.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.

Mr_Vindictive

I didn't enjoy this flick too much........felt extremely let down.

Sure it was great to see Johnny Depp in the Mariachi setting but the film.....just didn't have...."IT".

It was one of those films you watch and just can't pinpoint exactly why you disliked it.  I fell asleep before the film was completely over which has to count for something.

Rodriguez should have stopped after Desperado.  El Mariachi is still an amazing film, and Desperado was decent.  Unsatisfactory ending to a decent series of flicks.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.