Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:27:44 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Zombie Movies? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Best Zombie Movies?  (Read 15186 times)
Zombie Movie Fan
« on: January 28, 2004, 01:37:01 AM »

What are the best zombie movies to watch? I'm not looking for best BAD movies here... I'm looking for some seriously good zombie movies.

Or do good zombie movies not exist?
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 02:58:32 AM »

The Romero trilogy, at least the first two.

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie is seriously underrated...it's probably as good as any.

The Fulci stuff is bad in a lot of ways, but fun.

And try as I might, I can't keep away from Night of the Zombies.  Or Burial Ground.

Some like Dead Alive...I don't because I think it's too comic but others think it's a fun film.  

Zombie Holocaust and Nightmare City I've never really cared for.

Zombie 3 and Zombie 4 are the bottom of the barrel, probably.
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 04:57:56 AM »

Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things, while obviously a b-flick, is an extremely fun and witty b-flick.  Check it out.  Also, an Australian film called Undead that I think is gonig to be released in the U.S. later this year is quite awesome.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 04:58:33 AM »

Also, The Dead Hate the Living rocks.  Loads of inside jokes for b-movie fans.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 05:01:08 AM »

Eh, different strokes.  No zombie movie can be good that has only two zombies [three if you count the guy that looks like Rob Zombie.]  Typical full moon stuff, I guess.

However, the worst I've seen were probably Zeder and Zombie Lake.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 11:53:51 AM »

Don't forget Return of the Living Dead-- works as both a black comedy and a horror flick, with a fun punk soundtrack.

Also, I haven't seen it, but I've heard great things about Wild Zero.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 12:41:29 PM »

Wild Zero is more like a music video that happens to have zombies in it.

Along with really bad CGI.
Max Gardner
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 04:45:52 PM »

Obviously I'm a fan of the Romero trilogy, but Wild Zero is great weird fun - imagine Plan 9 from Outer Space starring the Japanese equivalent of the Ramones and you'll have a basic idea what it's about.  Still, I'd have to say the best zombie movie I've ever seen is Cemetery Man, aka Dellamorte Dellamore, which is possibly the only existentialist zombie film around.  Brilliant dark humor offsets what is otherwise a fairly melancholy film about insanity and loneliness (and zombies, but they're sort of beside the point).
JohnL

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 12:11:58 AM »

I've always liked Night Life myself. Bunch of kids get in an accident and are killed (possibly with toxic chemicals), the freezer at the funeral home breaks down and (if I recall correctly) the place is hit by lightning. The teenagers are re-animated as staggering zombies. In a weird twist, a zombie girl seems to have a thing for the hero, a teenager who works at the funeral home, even though she didn't like him when she was alive.
Tilebreaker
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2004, 02:13:16 AM »

"The Serpent and the Rainbow"  It might be more of a vodoo movie about Zombies than zombie movie, but it's still a good one.

Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004, 08:34:30 PM »

Aside from the obvious Romero flicks, I'd have to say that I really enjoyed Re-Animator.

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Foywonder
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2004, 12:55:47 AM »

Just kidding!
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2004, 01:58:21 PM »

I am sure they are out there. Of course, it depends upon what one's definition of good is. As for myself, I like the older zombie films, so I like the American "I Walked with a Zombie" and the American "White Zombie" w/ Bela Lugosi, as the zombie master. And there is the more recent British "28 Days Later," which I did not particularly like, but, alot of other people did. And as Max mentioned, there is the Italian "Cemetery Man," which I did like, and which is reveiwed at this site, if ianybody is interested.
saul-bruce
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2004, 08:22:44 AM »

dawn of the dead is a seriously sick movie. i love tom savini as the guy with the mallet cos he just doesnt give a f**k how hard he hits those bastards with that mallet, haha, i also think night of the living dead is an awsome film (the original not the remake) i just love it when those rednecks are turturing the zombies at the end & they just hang the zombies & start shooting the kneecaps off. sick!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rickster
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2004, 01:29:10 AM »

City of the Living Dead aka Gates of Hell is great. So is The Beyond. I also enjoyed Burial Ground, though it is kinda corny!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Zombie Movies? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.