Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:56:07 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Zombie Movies? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Best Zombie Movies?  (Read 15189 times)
Roachkill
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2004, 04:40:17 PM »

If your looking for a diff type of zombie flick. Then try Resident Evil,  Ghost Of Mars,  House Of The Dead is funny as hell The Trilogy is the best.  Evil Dead 1 & 2
Roachkill
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2004, 04:50:08 PM »

One more I forgot try Verses its a Jap Zombie film with guns swords and kung fu.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2004, 03:43:28 AM »

The BLIND DEAD films too.....really creepy atmosphere.
Art
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2004, 01:27:30 PM »

Dawn of the Dead Is The Best Movie Ever
gammaray117
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2004, 07:52:51 PM »

This is off topic, but could a zombie die of cold or electricity?

"BATEMAN!!!!!!"
Bgrade
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2004, 10:29:20 PM »

According to "The Zombie survival guide"

Electricity can temporially stun a zombie's muscles as with a normal human.
However to kill one with it the voltage has to be so high it starts them on fire or destroys tissue.  Stopping their heart does no good.

Cold just preserves a zombie until it thaws.
eeeee5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2004, 11:18:17 PM »

"From Dusk Till Dawn" (do a group of vamps count as Zombies?  seems to be different in depiction from something like "Vampires").  jmc is right, The Blind Dead films (1. "Noche del terror ciego, La"; 2. "Ataque de los muertos sin ojos"; 3. "Buque maldito, El"; 4. "Noche de las gaviotas, La") are great if you can find'em (3 & 4 are in the "Deadtime Stories" PD pack, heavily edited though).  Though 1, 2 and 4 are the best, to me.

from SGC2C:
"SG:  It doesn’t matter Moltar, can’t you see what I’m doing here, I’m holding my own urine in a cup because I have responsibilities.  Won’t you help?"
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2004, 01:42:57 PM »

My favorite would be based on what I have seen are:

1) Zombie
2) Night of the Living Dead
3) Tombs of the Blind Dead
4) Return of the Living Dead
5) Return of the Blind Dead
6) Army of Darkness
7) Evil Dead II
8) Evil Dead
9) Return of the Living Dead II
10) Day of the Dead

Honorable Mention go to:

Blind Dead III (also known by other titles)
Plague of Zombies
I Walked with a Zombie
White Zombie
Plan 9 From Outer Space
The Beyond (didn't really like this one)
Dead Alive
Bad Taste
28 Days Later
Rainbow and the Serpent
The Believers
Teenage Zombies

There are some others that I can name that are marginal or borderline zombie films, actually the Evil Dead films are different type of zombie films in my opinion.  There are many great Vampire/Zombie type films out there also. The definition becomes blurred, but I really like LAST MAN ON EARTH.

Hugomarink
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2004, 09:06:15 PM »

OK, here's the problem: Somebody asks for some "seriously good" zombie films and then gets recommendations like "City of the Living Dead," "Gates of Hell" and "The Beyond." First of all, these movies suck. Secondly, "The Beyond" is not even a zombie movie. I know there are some horror fans who like these wacky Italian splatter films but from a filmmaking and storytelling perspective, these films are atrocious. Unless you are a horror aficionado who cares more about blood and guts than a good script, don't bother with most of the Italian stuff.

SO, with that said, here is a list of the zombie movies that are truly worth seeing:

1. Night of the Living Dead (original) -- The scariest movie of all time. This one started it all.

2. Dawn of the Dead -- The best zombie film ever.

3. Day of the Dead -- The final act of Romero's trilogy is underrated. A lot of folks criticize it but, while it's no "Dawn," this movie is a blast to watch and features many of the same Romero trademarks that made "Dawn" and "Night" so great.

4. Zombie -- The only Fulci movie worth seeing. It's not as good as the Romero films but it's still nasty and disturbing as hell. This movie features the famous wood spike through the eye scene, plus a scene of a zombie fighting a shark. And, the last scene of zombies wandering across the Brooklyn Bridge with the World Trade Center in the background was awesome to begin with, but takes on additional relevance after 9/11.

5. Return of the Living Dead -- Good fun but a little too cornball for my tastes. Basically a comedy, but it's still pretty well done.

6. Let Sleeping Corpses Lie -- Underrated and little known English film. Steals a lot from Romero but what great zombie movie doesn't? Still one of the better zombie films out there and definitely worth tracking down.

7. Resident Evil -- An above average zombie flick. As a huge fan of the video game, I enjoyed this movie quite a bit when I was expecting to hate it. There are some great scenes and it keeps up the tension pretty much to the end. It also had a decent budget so it looks good.

8. 28 Days Later -- A quality "end of the world/zombie" flick that instantly made it into my list of fave zombie movies.

That's it, friends! There are no other good zombie movies. Don't listen to any other recommendations on this list. Most are either not true zombie films or they just plain suck and are being recommended by people who like "BAD" movies. Hopefully the new "Dawn of the Dead" remake will hold up and join the ranks of the above films, but clearly we zombie fans need some more quality flicks to choose from. It's pretty sad that a top-10 list of zombie flicks can't be compiled because so many of the offerings are so truly awful.
rombles
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2004, 08:11:25 AM »

My personal favourites are definately Brain Dead (Dead Alive) and Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetary Man).

Think what you like about any others, but these are the ones I love.
TheEvilDoctor
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2004, 08:37:58 AM »

In my opinion Braindead (aka dead alive in the us of a) is the best zombiemovie ever made.
Also the evil dead movies are worth seeing, but they have 2 or 3 zombies each so maybe it's not your thing. It isn't all about zombies but about a demonic presense which turns people into zombies but does a lot of other stuff too.
Braindead is just all-out splatter zombiefun with a lot of comedy. No atmosphere or scary moments just a very fun movie.

Of course the Romero films but my guess is you already seen them.

Muahahahaha
Hugomarink
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2004, 01:44:20 PM »

The "Evil Dead" movies are classics but I don't consider them zombie movies. The baddies in those movies are demons, not zombies. I also can't recommend "Dead Alive" as it's just so over-the-top absurd that I can't even classify it as a horror movie. It's a comedy with a ton of blood and guts special effects and that's about it. A movie has to be at least somewhat scary or creepy to be considered a horror film and "Dead Alive" is neither. It's just silly.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2004, 03:27:27 PM »

I agree completely about DEAD ALIVE.   I've never understood why people have put that movie in the same league as the horror films.  Comedic gore just doesn't have the same effect...there are a ton of less gorier films that I've liked better than DEAD ALIVE.

I think the new DAWN film is probably a better horror film than the original, and definitely better than DAY OF THE DEAD.  But that's because Romero quit focusing on the horror elements of the films after NOTLD.  He considers his DAWN to be more of an action/adventure film with a lot of satire thrown in...and I don't know what he considers DAY to be, but I don't think it was much of a horror film [Romero says it's his favorite of his films...has there ever been anyone with less understanding of what made them successful in the first place?]

So yeah, the new film is a better horror film than the original, but not a better film overall--the original has better characters and probably is a little more uplifting.
But it's slow in places and only occasionally grabs you by the throat.  The new film is relentless, throwing just about everything else aside in its desire to assault the audience.  But it paints itself into a corner in some ways.  Still, best horror film I've seen in years.....
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2004, 08:31:36 PM »

Cemetary Man is so unbelievably great! I love this movie.
Return Of The Living Dead also rocks.
Not sure if this can really be counted as a zombie flick but Night Of The Creeps is definatley a rocking movie and well worth checking out.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Amanda
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2004, 01:29:51 AM »

The Dead Hate the Living really did rule, actually.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Zombie Movies? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.