Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:32:55 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tales From The Darkside SERIES DVD? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tales From The Darkside SERIES DVD?  (Read 2875 times)
Under13
« on: January 28, 2004, 09:54:10 PM »

Anybody know if there are any plans to release this series to dvd?
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 12:29:54 AM »

Not sure but I'd pick it up if it were released.

My favorite episode was with the guy staying in a motel or boarding house (I forget which) and there's a creature under his bed!

Anyone remember that one?
JohnL

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 12:55:38 AM »

There was an episode with a college girl renting a room from a guy and in her room was a small door in the wall with an ugly little creature living behind it. At one point it was under the bed.
Ash

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 01:04:57 AM »

Hmmm....

Maybe that was the one I was thinking about.

I remember that the person who rented the room to the renter knew about the creature and cared for it.

Was that the one?
(It's been years since I saw it....I saw it only once but it was so good that it stuck with me all this time)

Post Edited (01-29-04 04:44)
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 11:36:26 AM »

There is an online petition that someone started to get TFTDS on DVD. I signed it along with 20 other people at the time. Below is the original e-mail that was sent to me.... Sign the petition if you really want it to happen. ; )

> Ok, Horror Fans,

It's time to show your love for (IMO) on of the great horror anthology shows of the last 30 years. "Tales From the Darkside" was just one of the shows that seemed to be on a different local or syndicated station, with a moving time slot on moving days, but I always stopped to watch whenever I foundit...now and then.
It's a shame that all these fanboy sites keep going on and on about how Deep Space Nine is on DVD or Firefly is on DVD, but a great horror show with great writers (King, Matheson, etc.) disappears into obsecurity. If you have a soft spot in your heart for "Tales From the Darkside", click on the petition link below and leave your (digital) signature. With enough support, we can take the list to Artisan Home Entertainment and maybe get our wish.

Thanks and tell your friends.

http://www.petitiononline.com/TFDS_DVD/petition.html
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 11:43:24 AM »

Damn, I just checked the online petition and it has already reached three hundred and some signatures! : )
Under13
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 09:55:32 PM »

yup, just signed it.  thanks!
JohnL

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2004, 06:43:02 PM »

>I remember that the person who rented the room to the renter knew about the
>creature and cared for it.
>
>Was that the one?

Yup. It starred Fritz Weaver as the guy renting the room. He tells the girl that he lost the key to the little door and can't open it, but she wakes up in the middle of the night and it's open. Inside it looks like someone has been living in there. She ends up seeing the creature eventually and it kills her (jumps on her and pulls her over backwards). Then you see Fritz on the phone with the creature coming down the stairs behind him. As he hangs up, he screams and looks down to see the creature clinging to his leg. He then picks it up and starts talking about it being his "beautiful little girl". The creature was about 2 feet tall, hairless with sharp teeth and big, red eyes. The episode was Inside the Closet, #7 from the first season.
c -flores
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2004, 11:37:47 PM »

anybody remember that one about the fake plastic lady that came alive for that dude?
Andre Andujar
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 03:48:11 AM »

I would like to get the whole series of the Tales From The Darksides, all the episodes in DVD meaning the 1,2,3 and 4 Season...
Gabriel Hernandez
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2004, 08:32:51 AM »

Hi, All,
  Happy to see threads like this started in as many places as possible.  If you're interested in 'Tales From the Darkside', come check out this Yahoo group I created for the show.  It has links to the petition, TFDS fan sites, and updates on my efforts on getting the whole series released on DVD (including a message to me from George Romero on the subject).

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/talesfromthedarkside/
Ash

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2004, 04:42:29 PM »

I also found this website which has a detailed synopsis for pretty much every single episode.
It also has an online petition.

Check it out!

http://cs-people.bu.edu/shoffman/tfds/tfds.html
JohnL

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2004, 11:08:58 PM »

And even more detailed guide can be found on TV Tome;

Tales From the Darkside
marv horn
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 12:59:32 PM »

please put the series out all ready I myself know at least (AND IVE BEEN COUNTING)300 AND MORE (STOPPED COUNTING AND GET MAD EVERY TIME THEY ASK)people that want the dvd set of tales tv shows and i myself would like them too for i am vendor at a market selling dvds so i know of this first hand and with the dawn of the dead remake and land of the dead this is perfect timeing please cash in (if you will) so the tales fans will have the long awaited series on dvd. If you dont you sleeping at the wheel and makeing millions of people unhappy with you,also missing the chance too cash in.they put out the greast american hero and land of the lost and they sell come on..
yours  and unhappy ,
m.horn                                    Velvet Brotha wrote:

> There is an online petition that someone started to get TFTDS
> on DVD. I signed it along with 20 other people at the time.
> Below is the original e-mail that was sent to me.... Sign the
> petition if you really want it to happen. ; )
>
>
> > Ok, Horror Fans,
>
> It's time to show your love for (IMO) on of the great horror
> anthology shows of the last 30 years. "Tales From the Darkside"
> was just one of the shows that seemed to be on a different
> local or syndicated station, with a moving time slot on moving
> days, but I always stopped to watch whenever I foundit...now
> and then.
> It's a shame that all these fanboy sites keep going on and on
> about how Deep Space Nine is on DVD or Firefly is on DVD, but a
> great horror show with great writers (King, Matheson, etc.)
> disappears into obsecurity. If you have a soft spot in your
> heart for "Tales From the Darkside", click on the petition link
> below and leave your (digital) signature. With enough support,
> we can take the list to Artisan Home Entertainment and maybe
> get our wish.
>  
> Thanks and tell your friends.
>  
> http://www.petitiononline.com/TFDS_DVD/petition.html
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tales From The Darkside SERIES DVD? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.