Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:54:05 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings (3 films) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recent Viewings (3 films)  (Read 2269 times)
Scott
« on: August 22, 2001, 10:27:48 PM »

Tuesday night my local video store has a special of 2 movies for $1 for 2 nights, so I was able to rent 4 movies for $2 for 2 nights. Enough math for now. Here is a list of my recent viewings this week:

PRE-MATURE BURIAL (60's) - An AIP film directed by Roger Corman, starring Ray Milland and Hazel Court, and based on an Edgar Allen Poe story. The film had great atmosphere with the erie fog, grave diggers,  time period outfits (hammer style), but it was hard to watch Ray Milland as the star after watching THE THING WITH TO HEADS and FROGS. I just kinda identify Milland with those two films even though I really enjoyed X-THE MAN WITH X-RAY EYES.  **1/2 out of *****

SHIVERS (70's) - Wow. Great film !!! I really enjoyed this whole film. If you haven't seen it you won't  be disappointed. Its almost like a zombie movie, but more and different in many ways. Well I won't tell you everything, but they interviewed director Cronenberg and he spoke about how the ALIEN films  borrowed from this film as well.

CANIBAL THE MUSICAL (90's) - Well, I guess late night Nickolodeon could use a film like this. Uh, it was more like a comedy along the lines of Monty Python meets Sesame Street meets that bloody australian comedy that I can't remember the title to. It was entertaining I suppose, but it looked like they used the same backyard towards the begining as REDNECK ZOMBIES. Well, I don't think I"ll be renting anymore TROMA films. Somehow I just don't appreciate them. I remember watching BRAIN DEAD or was it DEAD ALIVE (the one with the lawnmower at the end) and having trouble, but I couldn't help being drawn in by how hard they worked on that film, but CANIBAL THE MUSICAL isn't that type film. * 1/2 out of ***** .

FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER - Ran out of time, Must return, but I will rent it again later.

Next on my list is

The Scars of Dracula
SS Experiment
Scream and Scream Again
Pit and the Pendulum
Fall of the House of Usher
The Goul
Zombie Keeper
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2001, 12:56:12 AM »

I just picked these two up today:

The Scars of Dracula
Pit and the Pendulum

Can't wait to watch'em!

Zombie Keeper
http://www.zombiekeeper.com/
Mofo Rising
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2001, 01:39:40 AM »

I thought CANNIBAL THE MUSICAL was hilarious and highly entertaining.  I had extremely low expectations for it, as the South Park boys other two features, BASEKETBALL and ORGAZMO I find excruciatingly awful.  Then again, I'm partial to cannibal movies, so I probably give it a kinder eye than it deserves.

SHIVERS I also thought was fantastic.  It was a couple of months ago that I watched it, so I don't remember my exact thoughts.  I do agree with you that it is in many ways similar to a zombie movie.  Sex zombies, to be exact.  SHIVERS, Cronenbergs first feature film, pretty much set the ground for the themes he would use in all the rest of his work.  I would highly recommend VIDEODROME.

Didn't see the other two.  Which version of PIT AND THE PENDULUM  are you looking at?
Steve.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2001, 01:56:43 PM »

SS Experiment Camp is atrocious, almost unwatchable - it got filed under the "video nasty" banner in the UK, and was banned for a while. It should have stayed banned - not because it's particularly nasty as such - it's just utter drivel. A skull movie if ever there was one.
Scream And Scream Again is a pretty nifty little Brit horror flick - V. Price tries to create a race of supermen.
Pit And The Pendulum and House Of Usher are both very good Corman directed, Poe adaptations.
The Ghoul could be the 1930s Boris Karloff effort (not too bad) or the 1975 Hammeresque horror movie about a minister who keeps his brother in the attic (again, not bad).
Scott
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2001, 10:08:31 PM »

The Pit and the Pendulum is the Vincent Price version and The Goul is the Karloff version that I'm playing to view in the next couple weeks.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings (3 films) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.