Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:35:59 PM
714340 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Oddly Uninspired & Unimaginative Superbowl Commercials « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Oddly Uninspired & Unimaginative Superbowl Commercials  (Read 5760 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: February 01, 2004, 09:24:07 PM »

Is it just me or did anyone else think that the TV ads, which are a huge attraction of the Superbowl, were without a doubt oddly unimaginative and uninspired this year?
With the exception of the Budweiser ads which can always be counted on to entertain, hardly a single commercial was memorable.
Many of them inexplicably had a forgettable blandness to them.

I kept sitting there anticipating the commercial breaks only to be very disappointed when I finally watched them.
Uggh!  The people who designed the world's most expensive ads to get on TV  for this year's Superbowl need to be fired!

The Fedex ad with the alien with the mask on was pretty good but still seemed lackluster somehow.

The best by far was the Bud Light ad with the guys with the two dogs and how they're able to fetch Bud Lights for their masters.  
The other Budweiser ad where the donkey wanted to pull the sled with the Clydesdales was also great.

Other than that...DULL DULL DULL.

Did any of you also think the ads this year pretty much sucked?
I sure as hell did!

(Oh by the way, I write this with the half-time show playing....
OMG!!  UGH!!!!
If I wanted to see this s**t I'd turn the channel to MTV!)

Post Edited (02-01-04 23:01)
Bgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 11:54:21 PM »

Half time shows are the worst thing that ever happened to the Superbowl.

Otherwise it was a good game.

As for Commercials.  
I did like the One with the snow volleyball. as well as the other Budweiser commercials.  The one with kids having their mouth washed out with soap was also good.

Tell Cadillac and Survivor to eat me.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 12:06:31 AM »

I've been trying to get my roommates to make copies of the video (theyt had it taping) of Justin Timber(why can't they find him decomposing in the bottom of a)lake exposing Janet "Nearly As Much A Cyborg As Cher" Jackson's breast.  I checked, and there are already still photos and tapes going for in the vicinity of $20.  They have no sense of capitalism, I tell you.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 12:31:47 AM »

I'm in total agreement.  I don't think anyone expected the actual game to be as good as it was, so they spent the past week building up the commercials.  There was so much hype surrounding the ads, they really couldn't live up to it.  That said, it's sort of like they didn't even try.  The Budweiser ads were good, and a couple of the new movies coming out (ie - Van Helsing) look AWESOME, but the thing that bothered me the most was the lack of Terry Tate, Office Linebacker.  That Reebok spot was honestly the funniest commercial I've ever seen.  I wouldn't even care if Reebok bought ALL of the Super Bowl advertising time and just ran the same Terry Tate spot over and over again.

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 01:23:58 AM »

I agree wholeheartedly...very lame commercials.  Seems like some of last year's were funnier, but still not all that memorable over the long haul.

Being somewhat of a race fan (and Nascar commercials are the funniest in televised sports, as far as I know), I did happen to like the one with Dale Earnhart, Jr.

A couple of the Bud ones were okay, too, but a couple of them were kinda stupid.

Cadillac should ask for their money back.

Panthers ALMOST pulled it out!  It was a good game, overall, I thought.  At least it was close, not a blow out, which = boring.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Cricket21a
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 05:19:40 AM »

While i was driving home tonight. I was listening to one of those talk radio stations.  They had mention something about Janet Jacksons shirt being ripped off by someone else during the superbowl.  That has got to be so embarrassing for her.  Did they actually have that one TV?   I know it's live maybe and I didn't notice anyone mention it.  I don't really watch football, so i'm not really sure.

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
Stephen Hawking
Bgrade
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2004, 09:13:51 AM »

You wish it would have been embarrassing for her.... But NOOOO!!!!!

It was all intentional.  It was all staged.  It was all part of the halftime show. It was all stupid as hell.

Man, I hate most of  Pop Culture.

P Diddy, Kid rock and Nelly were ok.  Janet and Jason sucked bad bad bad.
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2004, 11:07:42 AM »

What? No one saw the Simpson's Mastercard comm?
"I heard you! Stupid voice over guy..."

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Max Gardner
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2004, 11:38:29 PM »

Wasn't there supposed to be a new Hellboy trailer at some point during the Superbowl? That about the only reason I was watching it in the first place, and it never showed up, unless I missed it.
Eirik
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2004, 12:06:03 AM »

I do not allow my family to watch the Super Bowl halftime show (I just don't think it's entertaining), so I missed Janet Jackson flashing her boob.  Someone told me she had a pastie on her nipple.  Who wears a pastie on their nipple when they don't expect to show their boob??  The whole "it was unintentional" cry from MTV - producers of the show - falls pretty flat.

And I agree with ASHTHECAT - the commercials sucked.  But then again, it is about the football game, and the game was a good one.
ulthar

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2004, 02:35:57 AM »

Eirik wrote:

> And I agree with ASHTHECAT - the commercials sucked.  But then
> again, it is about the football game, and the game was a good
> one.

What is really, really sad is that the media and a bunch of other people seem to be prating on and on about the STUPID juvenile halftime show (which I did not watch either, I flipped over and watched Independence Day on FOX for a few minutes), and the commercials, while the game WAS a good one.  I heard today that there were several Super Bowl records set (such as longest td pass - hats off to Delhomme on a PERFECT throw, btw), and this is not getting covered.

Thanks, MTV and all the mindless idiots that think MTV is good for ANYTHING, for RUINING one of America's greatest cultural events.  Well, at least trying to.  The Super Bowl will be back next year, but MTV won't be on stage at half time.  NFL seems to have learned their lesson.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2004, 04:29:41 AM »

Couple things, both involving nudity:

1) It wasn't a pastie.  It was actually a nipple shield--a metal sun-type thing that's attatched with a piercing.  Body mod stuff.  Either way, worst halftime show ever.  Shameless, shameless lip syncing.  They werne't even trying.

2) Did anyone catch the streaker?  They cut away from him really fast, right at the beginning of the second half, ran right out in the middle of the field naked, and dancing..  A New England linebacker FLATTENED him as he ran  by, chased by security.

My life is good.
ulthar

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »

One of New Englands best defensive plays....but hey, not too many people can say they have been tackled by an NFL player while naked.

--Real Genius
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2004, 11:35:51 AM »

They always cut away fast whenever some moron runs onto the field.  

I missed almost all of it...didn't see any of the commercials.  My wife and I were busy packing for the extended stay hotel we're staying at for the next couple of weeks [place we're going to live isn't ready yet.]  

Last year I was working so I missed that one too.  

It seems like the Super Bowl has usually been pretty decent for the last six or seven years--there have been a couple of blowouts but some really good games too.  Much better than the Super Bowls during the Eighties and early Nineties.
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2004, 01:43:03 PM »

The beer commercial with the horse breaking wind takes the cake! I never laughed so hard in my life!!! : )
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Oddly Uninspired & Unimaginative Superbowl Commercials « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.