Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:04:22 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Peter jackson films « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Peter jackson films  (Read 4467 times)
vaseline on toast
« on: August 24, 2001, 06:49:56 AM »

hi hi hi,

could anyone tell me which Peter Jackson film is better; bad taste or brain dead?
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2001, 11:16:25 AM »

You've put me on the spot, but I have to say, BAD TASTE. It has a grotesque sense of humor, and to my knowledge a bigger cult following.
Steve.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2001, 01:49:35 PM »

It depends on what you mean by "better".  They're both excellent in their own ways. With a gun to my head I would go for BRAINDEAD - the gore must have taken up most of the budget.
Phantom 187
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2001, 03:55:35 PM »

I would have to go with "Bad Taste". If it wouldn't have been for this movie I don't think he would have had enough for a second movie and the movies that have followed (i.e. Lord of the Rings). There aren't as many corporate influences on the original, which usually take place on larger budget multi partnerships, which means there were no blocks in the way of his artistic expression and comedic sense. This movie was from Peter Jackson's mind, all aspects of script, special effects, characters, and comedy came from his brain and that is why there is such a cult following.  If you want to see a high budget clean and clear B-movie go check out "Dead Alive" but if you’re in a mood for a movie, which you can’t buy at a K-Mart, go for "Bad Taste".

Later,
Phantom 187
Chadzilla
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2001, 04:55:20 PM »

I break with the ranks and go with Dead Alive (aka Braindead).  It's a more technically accomplished movie with a tighter script and better pacing.
badtaste_nz
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2001, 03:52:18 AM »

whats this? asking a PJ question before comming to me? ;) hee hee

BAD TASTE is definitly better, but im not saying braindead is great too, they both are PJs best films yet, hee hee, probably better than LOTR!!!! AHHHH
Guitarwolf
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2001, 12:11:19 PM »

I'll be the first to say I hated Bad Taste. I watched it twice and it just didn't grab me. It's slow and the jokes aren't funny. Derricks don't run, is supposed to be funny. I would bet that most fans of Bad Taste are Trekkies. Since all the people I know who love Star Trek, love Bad Taste. I think Braindead(Dead Alive) is a true classic. Everyone I've shown it to liked it. Even my female friends that normally would not watch a movie like this. I even thought Meet the Feebles was better than Bad Taste. Oh, well. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. And I'm voting for Dead Alive. "You're mother ate my dog!"
Steve.
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2001, 12:57:03 PM »

"Not all of it!"
Mofo Rising
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2001, 01:03:28 AM »

vaseline on toast wrote:
>
> hi hi hi,
>
> could anyone tell me which Peter Jackson film is better; bad
> taste or brain dead?

Ahh, the eternal question.

I with the BRAIN DEAD camp.  (Or DEAD ALIVE.)

I didn't really like BAD TASTE, the first time I saw it.  Sure it was alright, but nothing really jumped up at me and stuck.  Now I look at it and enjoy it quite a bit, but it's more of an appreciation of what they did with the budget, and the precursors to DEAD ALIVE.

DEAD ALIVE on the other hand is pure entertainment.  I make everybody watch this film.  Most people tell me it's the worst movie they've ever seen and laugh their asses off the whole time.  Even my brother's girlfriend thought it was "cute".  Combine that with more catch phrases than you can shake a stick at, and it hooks people every time.

Besides, any movie with a grown man sucker-punching a baby is alright in my book.
Scotty Xtreme
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2001, 10:41:41 PM »

Hmmm, i had my video store order a copy of them both for my collection, but they sent me the edited R-rated version of Dead Alive(bastards).  I would have to say that they both have their good points, but DA(braindead) was much funnier.  Bad Taste had just about as much gore, but the humor was not near as funny.  DA is more laugh out loud funny.  BT is more of a small chuckle hear and there.  Check them both out if you haven't already.
Scotty Xtreme
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2001, 10:54:20 PM »

My roommate and best friend caught me watching Dead Alive the other day.  He would occasionally come in from his room and watch a few seconds.  He just kept going on about how "retarded" and "sick" the whole movie was.  This guy was completely repulsed by the custard scene.  The only part this guy found slightly amusing was the "I kick ass for the Lord" scene.
Another one of my friend who enjoys the occasional bad movie even thought this one sucked.  My other friends even refuse to give it a chance because of what the first friend told them. Ah well, the enjoyed that piece of canine excrement called Final Fantasy or something like that.
I personally enjoyed DA and Bad Taste quite a bit.
Steve.
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2001, 01:31:04 PM »

SX - I think you ought to invest in Jackson's "Meet The Feebles" next, and invite your "Final Fantasy"-loving friends around, telling them it's only a little puppet-flick.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Peter jackson films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.