Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:15:47 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Pirates of the Caribbean Lawsuit « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Pirates of the Caribbean Lawsuit  (Read 4189 times)
Anonymous User
« on: February 04, 2004, 01:40:54 PM »

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean - Theft of intellectual properties

I would like to introduce myself. I am Royce Mathew (indie film maker).  I am in need of all artists who could find themselves in my shoes.  I am currently underway with discussions which to bring suit against the Walt Disney Company/Disney Enterprises (and/or related companies) over the apparent theft of my intellectual property(ies)..

I claim Disney has apparently stolen my intellectual properties, which include unique and original story, concepts, characters and designs for their Pirates of the Caribbean feature film and three additional released Disney related projects.

I claim Disney has apparently stolen my unique creations, story, concepts and characters and they have apparently appeared in a total of four related Disney's projects at the same time, including Pirates of the Caribbean feature film.

I have physical evidence to support my claims. This evidence includes documents and published audio/visual product.

Note: Aside from being a published writer, producer and director, Royce Mathew also has the credentials of being both a writer, designer, producer and director of inter-active computer software & games.  Credits include lots of indie films & shoestring budgets productions.  Agencies dealings include CAA & Wm Morris.

Disney has evidently locks up the attorney pool, making it very difficult to find a top firm attorney with no ties to Disney.  I welcome all help to find a reputable attorney/firm.   An ad ran in Variety on December 3, 2003.  -  Thank you.   www.disneylawsuit.com

here are some of my credits and links

PRODUCTION CREDITS INCLUDE:

Puppet Master Series (Full Moon) - Sci-Fi Channel & Theatrical release
Ghetto Blaster - Production Design & Art Direction
Grease 2 - Production development
Allan Carr Enterprises - Production development - includes La Cage Aux Folles
Ghost Writer - National Broadcast - Production Design, Special Effects & Art Direction
Circuitry Man - SCI-FI Channel & Theatrical release - Art Director
Night Children - National Broadcast & Theatrical release - Art Director
Murder Weapon - Art Director
Nightmare Sisters - Production & Art Direction
Dreamaniac  - Asst. Art direction
Lady Avenger - Production & Art Direction
Deadly Embrace - Art Director
Creepozoids - Production Design & Art Direction
Assault of the Killer Bimbos - USA Channel & Theatrical release - Production Design & Art Direction
Sorority Babes and the Slimeball Bowl-a-rama - Production & Art Design
Naked Instinct - Art director
Chick Boxer - Art director
Frankenstein 3-Headed Award - props & set
Super Mario Bros. Show - Hitman of Design - set
Gateway Computers - computer assist
Trancers 2 - Production Assistant
Girlfriend From Hell - USA Channel - Art Director
The Girl That I Want - Art Director
Assault of the Party Nerds - USA Channel - Art Direction
Dream A Little Evil - USA Channel - Written, produced & directed (edited, effects & more)
Interactive movie & game - Written, produced, directed created (edited, effects & more)

Framed - Interactive game - written, designed & created - (& more)  

Commercials include: HS Computers; Attorney Connection Commercial - Paul Parko Productions
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 02:00:48 PM »

Wow, this really doesn't suprise me. Those low lives have been stealing other people's ideas for years.

Disney has a real strong hold on Hollywood but don't let that stop you. It would be nice to see those faggots get what they deserve! I wish you the very best of luck.
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 02:18:55 PM »

Skeptical

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 03:42:46 PM »

Pirates of the Caribbean was a ride long before it was a movie, although the ride didn't really have a plot other than pirates making a raid, chasing women around, and then having the women chase them around with brooms.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 04:04:11 PM »

jmc wrote:
> although the ride didn't really have a plot other than pirates
> making a raid, chasing women around, and then having the women
> chase them around with brooms.

What a movie that would have made!

Hmmm, did Disney steal that plot from Benny Hill?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 05:06:14 PM »

I tried to prove that RKO pictures stole my idea for KING KONG, but the lawsuit fell apart because I wasn't born until 3 decades after the movie came out.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
42nd_Street_Freak
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 05:12:24 PM »

Sounds like a lot of old crap to me.  Wildly entertaining film so I could care less.

-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 09:51:29 PM »

I'm a bit skeptical, but if you worked on Circuitry Man, I want to be your friend.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2004, 11:47:49 PM »

I checked out his IMDB profile, he sounds liek he is who he says he is...but the speaking in a third person is rather odd....

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2004, 11:34:29 AM »

If he really is who he says he is, then why hasn't he come back? I find it a little odd that he would just post and leave.

However, I still stand behind the idea that he may indeed have been ripped off... Worse things have happened in this unpredictable and dispicable world.
dean
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2004, 11:28:02 PM »

"If he really is who he says he is, then why hasn't he come back? I find it a little odd that he would just post and leave. "

Not everyone posts everyday, give it a week or two and see whether he gives us an update.

This guy has done alot of stuff that I like, so if he is genuine, I give him full support, if not, then why smear this guys name in the mud?

Either way, something messed up is happening.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 01:35:44 AM »

One question I have is if the infringements include already published documents, why not mention those explicitly so we can take a look.  It should be pretty easy to look at the material and the pub dates to see if there is at least a chance this is authentic.

Sorry, just the skeptic in me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 04:30:48 AM »

Disney DID steal the idea for Pirates of the Caribbean from this guy, but only after HE stole them from ME!

Honest.

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Eirik
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 04:49:22 AM »

Locked up the lawyer pool?  Huh?  I find it a little bit of a stretch that Disney has hired every lawyer in the country.  People are suing Disney all the time.  You need to look harder, dude, but if all else fails, call:

Lionel Hutz at I Can't Believe It's a Lawfirm, KL5-7781.
Taisho
New Visitor

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 05:34:41 AM »

You know what I find just a wee bit too convenient is the fact that, when I just looked up the paperwork, it says: "Filed, Clerk, US District Court Jul-7 2006, Central District of California Deputy". Does anybody else find it a bit of a coincidence that the paperwork was filed the day that the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie came out? I do believe that somebody is pulling a bit of a ploy here. If you wish to see the paperwork for yourself I found it here:

http://cdn.digitalcity.com/tmz_documents/pirates_lawsuit_2.pdf

I think a little somebody either needs to provide answers or shut up, eh Mr. Royce Mathew? You should stop trying to weasel money out of others for things that are not yours. By the way, even if there are some coincidences, they are likely just that; coincidences. I've seen many situations in movies that I've dreamed up in some flight of fancy before I ever saw the stupid things, but you don't hear me screaming to high heaven that people stole my ideas! Also, even if they were stolen, you have nothing if you didn't have it copyrighted, which I heard that a certain Mr. Mathew "didn't get around to." How terribly convenient.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Pirates of the Caribbean Lawsuit « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.