Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:12:11 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who's got cool B-Film posters? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who's got cool B-Film posters?  (Read 2428 times)
Velvet Brotha
« on: February 05, 2004, 01:22:00 PM »

How many of you have posters of some of your favorite B films, hanging on your wall? If so, is there a way you can share pics with the rest of us?
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 01:25:57 PM »

I have the original theater posters for Death Ship and Cthulhu Mansion.  During the B-Fest trip this year we found a store in one of the suburbs between Mt. Prospect and Evanston which has thousands of original movie posters, including some Italian Godzilla posters and an original Plan 9.  If ever I make millions of dollars I know where I'm going for wallpaper.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 03:42:05 PM »

I worked in a video store back in the 1980s and I got to take home a ton of great movie posters.  Right now, all I have is a bunch of framed pictures of things like the Sopranos, the Godfather, the Rat Pack, etc,

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 04:22:14 PM »

Is there any chance that you might have a SciFi poster for sale? Ya know, Robot Wars, Black Star, Xtro, etc...
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 04:42:44 PM »

"You" meaning the general cosmic being, or were you referring to Burgo or myself?

Brother R

- Rob Zombie
    - Strapping Young Lad
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 05:06:31 PM »

I'm sorry Brother Ragnarok, I meant you.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 08:07:25 PM »

You  may have misread me, I don't own the store, I just found it on the way to B-Fest.  I can't remember the name of it, but if you know anyone who lives near Chicago they may be able to tell you.  All the posters I have I got off eBay or just found in stores.  Speaking of which, I forgot I also have a big Godzilla vs. Destroyer poster of not the cut together scenes from the movie artwork, but the original painting artwork, and it's glittery.

Brother R

- Rob Zombie
    - Strapping Young Lad
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 08:11:32 PM »

Oops! Sorry Ragnarok... I thought you were the one that said you use to work at a video store.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2004, 09:16:40 PM »

I did, but we didn't get many good posters in.  Especially nothing cool like Robot Jox ,etc.

Brother R

- Rob Zombie
    - Strapping Young Lad
Bgrade
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2004, 11:01:10 PM »

I just strat putting togeter a collection.
I currently have in  my Movie Den reprints of;
Six-String Samurai,
DefCon 4
DeathRace 2000
and
War of the Worlds
as well as a photo from the Blues Brothers.
and a signed 8X10 from J.J. North.
I luv dolma
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2004, 11:17:32 PM »

I need to get one with Godzill and Rodan. And a poster of any Roger Corman produced dinosaur movie or any from the Deathstalker series.
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 06:59:05 PM »

I've got original posters for The Stuff, The Groove Tube, Airplane 2, Troma's War, First Turn on, Revenge of the Nerds, Brain Damage, Big Lebowski and others not on the tip of my tongue.

I've got a small collection of lobby cards for movies like Dr Phibes, Cheech and Chong, History of the world part one, Hercules (can't remember which movie), Rodan, and a few others.

I've gotten a bunch of 8x10's for movies, Porky's Revenge, Billy Madison, Ravenous (Press Kit also, best press kit design I've seen) and quite a few troma movie 8x10's.

and lastly I have some promo banners (those 4 foot by 10 foot suckers you see in theaters) for movies and tv shows including two family guy promo banners from when it first came out, Dr Giggles, Naked Gun 2, The Brady Bunch movie and a few others.

Most of that stuff has found its way into storage since I have no room for it, but I'm too attached to sell any of it
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who's got cool B-Film posters? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.