Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:51:57 PM
714242 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Is the film Lexx really any good? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is the film Lexx really any good?  (Read 2608 times)
Velvet Brotha
« on: February 06, 2004, 12:06:20 PM »

How many of you would say that buying the film Lexx would be worth the purchase of $15.00 or more?

I'm just curious as to what everyone else would rate this film. (using a five star rating)

I liked you review Ash but something doesn't look quite right about that film. It looks kinda freaky but in a bad way.

Remember, I'm both a Sci-Fi and B-film buff but I can't stand twisted crap like S&M. ; )
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 02:39:28 PM »

Well, then you'd hate Lexx, it's all about crazy sexual stuff.  Myself, I think it's a hilarious and brilliant series, but considering your...shall we say hangups, I don't think you'd enjoy it that much.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 04:12:55 PM »

I personally could never stand Lexx, it is really stupid. I put it right up there with  Son of the Beach that used to play on the FX channel.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 06:23:09 PM »

everything through season 3 is great,
I like season 4 but wouldn't suggest it to anyone thats not a major lexx fan or hasn't seen anything of lexx previously

If you'd never seen it I'd just stay up late and catch an episode on sci-fi at 3-4 a.m. that should give you a good idea of what to expect.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 07:55:10 PM »

Lexx is great!

I've always liked it and agree with Brother R...it is brilliant.
Truly bizarre characters in even more bizarre situations.

I agree about Son of the Beach though.
That show was horrible!
JohnL

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2004, 01:36:51 AM »

When you say the "movie", do you mean all four of the original films?

Personally, I liked them, although they're very strange. Kai is one of my favorite characters ever.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2004, 03:56:04 AM »

I really like Lexx.Its twisted and bizzare in a way you just don't see vey often.It has great charectors and decent special effects.
I actually like the very last season of Lexx the best.I though Prince was the coolest bad guy of the series.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Cricket21a
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 05:02:23 AM »

I have all four of the Lexx movies that I taped off Sci fi.  The movies are fairly good.  The girl that plays in the movies is not the same one that played in the show on Sci fi.  There really isn't any S&M, just people that seem to appear on the Lexx that were living in a different part of the ship and later in up dead one way or another.  Zebb is a love slave that is in love with Kai.   She is also part Cluster Lizard, not an lizard you want to play with either.  Then there is the Robot head 790 that was also a love slave that was programmed to fall in love with the first person he saw which happened to be Zebb.  Later he ends up in love with Kai.   790 doesn't have a body so he can't really do anything but be carried around and later he ends up with a cart to get around.  Stan is an escaped prisoner.  He's the captain of the Lexx and always in search of planets were he can satisfy his sexual needs.   Kai is an assassin who once worked for The Shadow.  Kai has been dead for hundreds of years and is kept alive by protoblood which seems to be in short supply so he ends up being frozen unless they need him.  There is one charater name Lika that Stan seems to have dreamed up.  She appears every now and then and eats everyone but the main characters.

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
Stephen Hawking
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004, 05:15:31 AM »

I really hate Lexx - the movies, the TV series, everything.

The problem is, I can't really tell you why.  I mean, it was pretty tasteless, but I liked the South Park movie and Bevis and Butthead Do America, and those are, well, MORE tasteless.

It has pretty low production values, but I like Star Trek OTS.

It has bad acting - very bad - but, again, I enjoy Star Trek, and I frequent a Bad Movie site, which pretty much makes it clear that bad acting, in and of itself, doesn't bother me.

I guess, in the end, something about the series rubbed me the wrong way.  I can't tell you what - I just didn't like it.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 10:31:35 AM »

I haven't seen the films, but the series is okay I guess.  It kicks Next Generation's butt to high heaven.

Well, no it doesn't.

But I like Lexx a helluva lot more...

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
FearlessFreep
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2004, 10:59:12 AM »

I liked the series for the most part.

I loved the episode where Kai and the rest were re-enacting the history of the Bruhnen-G (sp?) on stage.

Once they get to the other universe with Fire and the other planet and then later to earth (with Prince again?) the series lost me a bit and tended to drag.  However, I loved the episode with Kai and Prince playing chess.

Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
JohnL

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2004, 02:32:07 AM »

>Once they get to the other universe with Fire and the other planet and then later
>to earth (with Prince again?) the series lost me a bit and tended to drag.

Me too. I'm all for having a good story arc, but the whole things centered around them just trying to get away. They'd get back to the ship, then go back to one of the planets for some reason and the cycle would start all over again.

I did like the episode where Kai ends up a little messed up from his fall off one of the towers.

Kai: I believe that another fall will reverse the effects of the first fall. I request that you throw me off this tower.

Judge: We can't do that. You have to stand trial for your crimes.

Kai: What is the penalty if I am found guilty?

Judge: We will throw you off the tower...

I also liked his speech at one point; I have killed mothers with their babies. I have killed the evil, the good, the intelligent, the weak, but it has been quite some time since I have slaughtered an entire room full of petty bureaucrats!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Is the film Lexx really any good? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.