Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:07:27 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Continuity where firearms are concerned. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Continuity where firearms are concerned.  (Read 12338 times)
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2004, 12:32:02 AM »

Freep, we're thinking along the same lines on this one. :D

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Jamtoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2004, 03:01:09 PM »

Freep,

I Know, I know, your right.  

But I also hate it when movies get the time traveling cyborgs anti-temporal sequencers confused with dynamic temporal disrupter coils with an operating capacity of 22.8 MHz.  That's just one of my pet peeves.  

And as for their take on killer mutants demon monsters from another dimension, Oh I really hate it when they say they are methane breathers when it is so obvious that they breath a methane derivative.

Oh Well,  ; P

(All in fun, Freep.)

Seven years on MacGyver and you cannot figure this out? We got belt buckles, shoe laces, and a piece of gum. Build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.  You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick, and now you are now 'Mr. MacUseless'.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2004, 08:39:35 PM »

>I'm having a hard time understanding this convesation in the same forum where
>time travelling cyborgs and killer mutants demon monsters from another
>dimension are discussed as a matter of course

Because, not being real (at least not yet), there's no real point of reference for those things (that most people will understand). Guns are real and easy to verify their behavior.

If a character in a movie says that mixing water and borindium makes a fuel that will work in any car, nobody can prove it won't because there's no such thing as borindium. But if a character says that mixing water and bleach will make a fuel for any car, people will know it's a load of crap.
gammaray117
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2004, 11:52:41 PM »

Someone may have mentioned this already, but it really bothers me to see Nazis using Stens, Russians using M-16's, etc. I don't know if this is what you mean, but it bothers me nonetheless.

"BATEMAN!!!!!!"
Eirik
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2004, 12:47:37 AM »

"I'm having a hard time understanding this convesation in the same forum where time travelling cyborgs and killer mutants demon monsters from another dimension are discussed as a matter of course"

A fair point, Freep...  however, this board has two general kinds of movie threads - those pertaining to Bad Movies, and those pertaining to mainstream movies.  If it's a Bad Movie (as in: "what is the LA skyline doing in Medieval Germany??" and "Hey, I had that same monster mask when I was a kid!"), then I'm willing to live with just about any unrealistic firearms depiction the writer/director cares to throw my way - it's all part of the fun.  But in your average mainstream Bruce Willis techno-thriller or Tom Clancy adaptation, where there is actually some pompous claim of realism implied in the style of the film, then they better get it right and it's annoying when they don't.
Flangepart

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2004, 11:43:30 AM »

Rounds per min. Verrrrrry important!
Thats why all light Machine guns have quick change barrels. Started with the German MG34, and improved with the later MG-42. Enev the British BREN guns had one. Thats one reason for Gatling derivitives. Its devides the rounds per barrel for a given rate of fire. 600 rpm divided by 6=100 rpb. Hence, lower over heat problims per barrel.
Oh, btw....Agent for H.A.R.M.....East german border guard with an M-16. Not that spore guns make a whole lot of sense!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
gammaray117
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2004, 07:49:27 PM »

Haven't you ever heard of Stens? The British used a lot of them in WWII. They had a magazine that stuck out to the side. The commando team in THE GUNS OF NAVARONE had quite a few, and Stromberg's troops in THE SPY WHO LOVED ME used them.

"BATEMAN!!!!!!"
raj

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2004, 08:03:52 PM »

Stens also figure prominently in Day of the Triffids.
odinn7

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2004, 09:06:22 PM »

Jamtoy, in response to your earlier question about belt length for the A-10 cannon...I have no idea how long it is but my reference for the A-10 lists the ammo capacity for the 30mm cannon at 1,350. So, if you do the math:
3,900 rds/min divided by 60 seconds=65 rds/sec
1,350 rds carried divided by 65 rds/sec=20.77 secs before empty

As far as Stens and Brens are concerned, for those that do not know, both are British guns. The Sten is a cheap stamped steel 9mm submachine gun and the Bren is a light machine gun with a top feed magazine chambered in 7.92mm or .303 British.

Flangepart, you are correct about one of the reasons for a Gatling style and one of the bigger reasons for it is the rate of fire that can be achieved with multiple barrels.

OK, back to the main part of the topic...
I was watching the dish last night and saw a movie called 'Lone Star State of Mind'. The movie wasn't overly bad but there was a big mistake with a shotgun, well 2 actually. The big bad drug dealer guy was shooting at live pigeons that his henchman was throwing in the air while he was talking to someone who had let him down. He was using an over-under and to make a point, he somehow managed to pump this gun as you could distinctly hear the ka-chink of a pump shotgun while he was holding it down and out of sight of the camera and his arm jerked like as if he was going through the motion. Seconds later the guy that let him down was running across the field and had to be 75 or 100 yards away when this guy shot him. If anyone knows about shotguns and shot, you will know that shooting pigeons would be done with birdshot (about #7 I think) and there's no way you're going to kill anyone that far out with birdshot. Stupid mistakes that should easily be caught.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Continuity where firearms are concerned. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.